Cue Components at it again

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy Joe is too much, hard to understand how anyone does business with them imo. This time basically threatening to shoot Shawn Putnam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-05-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-05-52.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 1,687
  • Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-06-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-06-10.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,677
  • Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-06-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-11-09-06-24.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,677

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Why would anyone spend actual American money on a Super Pro tip.
I dislike Super Pro tips to the point that I'm still mad at a cuemaker who used them on a $3000 custom cue back in 2008.
A piece of rebar without a tip hits better than a $3000 custom equipped with a Super Pro.
You would have to be one of the cheapest players on the planet to want one of those things.

Barringer sold over 8000 of those little pieces of shit
Holy crap, there's going to be a lot of awful playing cues being flipped pretty soon.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Joe accused me of selling counterfeit tips, except they were purchased from Joe. This particular email is sad, but that's what happens when you buy garbage products from garbage people.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would anyone spend actual American money on a Super Pro tip.
I dislike Super Pro tips to the point that I'm still mad at a cuemaker who used them on a $3000 custom cue back in 2008.

WTF, 2.00 tip on 3,000.00 cue, who was the cuemaker? lol

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allot of high end cues come stock with a Triangle on them. I've seen it from several reputable cue makers.
Definitely not a fan of the Super Pro though.
Joe really seems like he embraces his public persona.
I have a couple sneaky's made using his blanks, and AAA+ shaft stock, with original Moori's.
They feel and play amazing.
Neither of the mentioned parties seemed too
interested in being civil toward one another. Lol.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
*sigh*. Op didn’t like the dialogue and ran to the internet. Not my cup of tea. I’m not in charge of solving anybody else’s problems. And I don’t like listening to most of them. I wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to figure this one out.

Sorry if that’s harsh, but I was raised to deal with my own problems. And if I couldn’t say something nice, not to say anything at all.

-td

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe's the company that advertises a non-inflated shipping charge. I remember paying about $12+ and $5 for handling from him. $5.00 would have been more than enough for what I ordered.
As for the Pre-Mediatated "We Shoot People".... does not look good in court.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for the Pre-Mediatated "We Shoot People".... does not look good in court.

You're exactly right.

I participate in several firearms forums and I am constantly amazed at stuff like this and worse that people post. While hopefully it never comes down to evidence, it certainly could.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're exactly right.

I participate in several firearms forums and I am constantly amazed at stuff like this and worse that people post. While hopefully it never comes down to evidence, it certainly could.

I have no problem warning people if they mess with me I'll stick my X wife on them....:killingme::killingme:

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a few of the responses, I believe some are not privy to past occurrences involving Joe and Cue Components and many of our own right here on AZ. Ideologies touched on it briefly. How many people did he " call out " on here wanting them to " come see him " or something to that effect? Fyi, those issues with the tips involved a WHOLE lot more than just one person.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Folks,

Don't have a horse in this race but..... Do remember Joe is not "lily white". He's had his share of shady dealings. Especially with my friend Ideologist.

Also remember watching Mr Putnam playing a match being live streamed by TV Mike against Dave Grau. Shawn lined up to shoot an easy ball in the corner. As I watched in the pool room, I said to a friend "he's going to miss the shot" and sure enough he did. Instead of admitting the miss, Shawn claimed it was the poor quality of the Cyclop balls that made him miss. He then stated publicly he would never play in another event using Cyclop balls.

Moral to this story is neither have perfect records. Why believe one over the other? Just a question.

Lyn

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So he buys tips by the thousands and sells them by the hundreds! Hard to stay in business that way.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So he buys tips by the thousands and sells them by the hundreds! Hard to stay in business that way.

I am sure he means he buys in bulk at a discount, and sells smaller quantities at a marked up price to make a profit. I think that is pretty common in business, but what do I know :D

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I bought some Westinghouse yellow micarta blocks from Cue Components, and as long as it's the real deal per their description, I have no problem.
The service was good, the micarta shipped quickly.
These people are not what you would call affable, and when they should be a little apologetic or humble, they are just the opposite.
Oh well, some things you buy because it's business.

Super Pro tips blow