Filler Awesome

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
just like a great hockey agitator he easily put the thin skinned on tilt, love it :D

Pangit

Banned
just like a great hockey agitator he easily put the thin skinned on tilt, love it :D

I agree.
t31035.gif

I don't know why the Mosconi Cup has this ingrained boorish behaviour by all involved culture? I don't like it, but however it got this way...it is what it is.

The Kid is giving it way better than they are taking it, that's for sure.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one can deny the kid plays great, but there's absolutely nothing likable about him. Jumping in to the arms of his partner after winning every game is a little ridiculous! There is a time and place for celebration and showing your emotions - and it's not at the completion of every game won during a match!

Pangit

Banned
No one can deny the kid plays great, but there's absolutely nothing likable about him. Jumping in to the arms of his partner after winning every game is a little ridiculous! There is a time and place for celebration and showing your emotions - and it's not at the completion of every game won during a match!

Yup, Josh Filler is the Kim Huybrechts of pool. Consistently gets under the old fart's skin. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If(and its a BIG if) we were leading and say, Thorpe was showboating ala Filler. Would there be ONE negative thing said? Kinda doubt it. I've watched this kid a bunch online and this looks totally planned to me. Never seen him act like this in tournaments.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
If(and its a BIG if) we were leading and say, Thorpe was showboating ala Filler. Would there be ONE negative thing said? Kinda doubt it. I've watched this kid a bunch online and this looks totally planned to me. Never seen him act like this in tournaments.
Every knows that the Mosconi Cup is known for over-the-top celebrating. Didn't Appleton push is cue to the ground in celebration last year and then Rodney mocked him after he won doing the same thing?

I say, all of the over-the-top celebrating is just part of the atmosphere of this event and I would be willing to bet that if the USA was winning, they would be doing the same type of thing. This is the one event of the year that I am EXPECTING to see unusual celebration.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every knows that the Mosconi Cup is known for over-the-top celebrating. Didn't Appleton push is cue to the ground in celebration last year and then Rodney mocked him after he won doing the same thing?

I say, all of the over-the-top celebrating is just part of the atmosphere of this event and I would be willing to bet that if the USA was winning, they would be doing the same type of thing. This is the one event of the year that I am EXPECTING to see unusual celebration.
Totally agree. Its as much theater as it is sport. Wish we were playing better but this kid's antics are far from over-the-top.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Body Language

Totally agree. Its as much theater as it is sport. Wish we were playing better but this kid's antics are far from over-the-top.

It's a rubitinyourface type of mannerism, that creates action, disruption and harkens to you....to get outta line forcing you ''too gamble''. It's a trait I've seen many times since the sixties, pool players are good at this.

It's like Ronnie Allen 180 degrees the other way. :thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a rubitinyourface type of mannerism, that creates action, disruption and harkens to you....to get outta line forcing you ''too gamble''. It's a trait I've seen many times since the sixties, pool players are good at this.

It's like Ronnie Allen 180 degrees the other way. :thumbup:
Man, that's it. Well put.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to disagree, but yes there would be plenty of criticism of any US player for acting the way Filler has acted.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I'm sorry to disagree, but yes there would be plenty of criticism of any US player for acting the way Filler has acted.

He's not been negative, abusive, disruptive or insulting so let him have his fun and celebrate, if that winds up a "Pro" player then they really need to take a look at themselves.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he's pretty fun to watch. Way more fun than the robotic players like Souquet or pouty whiners like Immonen.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And what about the celebration of Hatch after making the jump shot? The match is not over yet, and he throws it at the bottom.

Dont get me wrong, i think theres nothing wrong with that. let the players celebrate however the like to. Its the Mosconi Cup.