World 9 Ball Championship 2017 (9-14 Dec) ,Doha- Winner $30K

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Albanian for "slow as s^*t"???? WTF??? This kid can really play but i can't watch it. His pace is brutally slow. Its currently 7-7 and its been going on over two hrs already. Ridiculous.

I watched em play allot in VA and when he got to the finals, his up/down/walk around ''wore/em/out....it took it's toll was obvious to me being there the entire week. I definitely noticed fatigue in the finals against Shaw. If he hadn't of come from the losers side before getting to the finals, he would of held up, but he had to go thru Chang, which took it's toll, but he won. But his great, methodical play style, running the shot clock down, and such....takes it's toll on ones body, as it did at the Open. The worlds best rotation players are fast and loose and get into a rhythm, and play becomes effortless and reactionary. This play style of Kaci, is the best for one set, put your life on the line, I'd have this young man shoot for me, as I would Varner in dead punch. Personally I don't think Kaci play style will stay in place over the next decade, something will change.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Semifinals

Semifinals (starts tomorrow 10am 14 Dec local time/ 2am ET/ 7am GMT - about 17 hours from now)

Wu Kun Lin v Carlo Biado

Kaci v Robin Garcia

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched em play allot in VA and when he got to the finals, his up/down/walk around ''wore/em/out....it took it's toll was obvious to me being there the entire week. I definitely noticed fatigue in the finals against Shaw. If he hadn't of come from the losers side before getting to the finals, he would of held up, but he had to go thru Chang, which took it's toll, but he won. But his great, methodical play style, running the shot clock down, and such....takes it's toll on ones body, as it did at the Open. The worlds best rotation players are fast and loose and get into a rhythm, and play becomes effortless and reactionary. This play style of Kaci, is the best for one set, put your life on the line, I'd have this young man shoot for me, as I would Varner in dead punch. Personally I don't think Kaci play style will stay in place over the next decade, something will change.
How'd you like to watch Kaci play Dick Lane(in his prime,btw)? Race-2-ten might take a freakin' week!!

Boddabing

Registered
World 9 ball attendance issues!

Hi pool players and pool fans the world over. There are a host of reasons why alot of US players did not attend this year. Where to begin - I can't so I am going to list them and then you decide which one you want to pick OK.

1. Geo - political and fundamentalist hatred! Zion Zvi has said he would love to attend. He is a world class player but cannot because Qatar is headquarters of Hamaas and there hatred of Israelis permits any entry of any Israeli into the region. Alot of US players are disgusted at this serious infringement of equality and human rights. So they stand with Zion until the venue is moved.
2. Pouring all your energy into Mosconi Cup - how can you play the following week with that much energy spent?
3. The tournament is run very inconsistently and badly ie. players have an option of rack your own with magic rack, referees are mostly volunteers. In one match a top Chinese player had to call the referee's wandering attention back to the table to watch a close hit! No shot clock so lots of time sharking.
4. tables are Brunswick copies no copyright laws equals unethical
5. Trump just declared Jerusalem Capital of Israel = alot of pissed off fundamental radical anti semites and anti USA nutcases in a volatile terorist ridden world!

Pool in Qatar anyone?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So the semifinals are Thurs. 10 am local (Doha) time. Anyone know when the finals will be played?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the semifinals are Thurs. 10 am local (Doha) time. Anyone know when the finals will be played?

I got this from the WPA twitter feed:

Semi Final World 9-ball Championship
Thursday Dec. 14, 2017, 10am Doha(GMT +3)
Race to 11, Alternate Break
Wu Kun Lin(TPE) vs. Carlo Biado(PHI)
Roland Garcia(PHI) vs. Klenti Kaci(ALB)
Final
Dec. 14, 2pm(GMT+3)
Race to 13, Alternate Break

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got this from the WPA twitter feed:

Semi Final World 9-ball Championship
Thursday Dec. 14, 2017, 10am Doha(GMT +3)
Race to 11, Alternate Break
Wu Kun Lin(TPE) vs. Carlo Biado(PHI)
Roland Garcia(PHI) vs. Klenti Kaci(ALB)
Final
Dec. 14, 2pm(GMT+3)
Race to 13, Alternate Break

Thank you.

Edit: The WPA calendar has the event running through the 15th. I wonder what that's about.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe you thought so highly of this, to post it twice.

Hi pool players and pool fans the world over. There are a host of reasons why alot of US players did not attend this year. Where to begin - I can't so I am going to list them and then you decide which one you want to pick OK.

1. Geo - political and fundamentalist hatred! Zion Zvi has said he would love to attend. He is a world class player but cannot because Qatar is headquarters of Hamaas and there hatred of Israelis permits any entry of any Israeli into the region. Alot of US players are disgusted at this serious infringement of equality and human rights. So they stand with Zion until the venue is moved.
2. Pouring all your energy into Mosconi Cup - how can you play the following week with that much energy spent?
3. The tournament is run very inconsistently and badly ie. players have an option of rack your own with magic rack, referees are mostly volunteers. In one match a top Chinese player had to call the referee's wandering attention back to the table to watch a close hit! No shot clock so lots of time sharking.
4. tables are Brunswick copies no copyright laws equals unethical
5. Trump just declared Jerusalem Capital of Israel = alot of pissed off fundamental radical anti semites and anti USA nutcases in a volatile terorist ridden world!

Pool in Qatar anyone?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
How'd you like to watch Kaci play Dick Lane(in his prime,btw)? Race-2-ten might take a freakin' week!!

Having played and beat and been beaten by the man, you have no clue what you just said to me means. But I do feel your pain :killingme:, and of course Dicks'/Quirks . :killingme:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having played and beat and been beaten by the man, you have no clue what you just said to me means. But I do feel your pain :killingme:, and of course Dicks'/Quirks . :killingme:
I've known Dick probably 30-35yrs and have seen him play a lot. Great player no doubt but paint dries faster than he plays. Wish he still got out every now-n-then but afaik he hasn't hit a ball in some time.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Semifinals on now. (Though only Biado-Wu is showing up on the stream at the moment)