Aramith Action Room Derby City Classic 2018 Updates

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
if ronnie is a second rate player like you say pick 5 americans that you will bet on against him and ill pick one and be there in 3 hrs....5k min...time to put up

America has one first tier player in Shane, and MAYBE one guy who can compete with the Filipino second tier, in Bergman?

What's your point. You can act like a little girl all you want about me calling Alcano an arguably second rate Filipino in his current form, but the fact remains.. He IS second rate in the Philippines right Now, and Filler couldn't beat him, despite being gifted a good solid 4-5 games due to Ronnie' s misses.

There are literally prolly 10 Filipinos right now that would swim a river of shite to play Filler in any game where he has to think.

He may improve, but Filler is not elite class yet, despite the nut huggers.

Short Bus Russ

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Considering nobody outside of Europe even heard of Filler just a couple years ago, the fact that he is garnering so much attention as his age says a lot. Let's see where his game is 5 years from now? My guess is among the top 3 rotation players in the world.

Maybe... 1. He has to start playing better patterns, and start getting closer to his work. 2. He needs to study three cushion to play more safes that go three rails and get behind balls, rather than go three rails and just leave distance. Other players can shoot too, you know. 3. He needs to stop with the YES BABY! grandstanding.. Doing this spikes your adrenaline, which has a negative effect on your game.

Short Bus Russ

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love reading everyone’s speculations about top and second tier...But seriously all these guys play so well, the breaks and the safes/decision making are what sets them apart. Anyone one of them can beat eachoher depending on the other’s mental state. And for those reasons I think SVB and Dennis are the only players I’d confidently bet on. They rarely make a wrong decision/often execute the right one.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love reading everyone’s speculations about top and second tier...But seriously all these guys play so well, the breaks and the safes/decision making are what sets them apart. Anyone one of them can beat eachoher depending on the other’s mental state. And for those reasons I think SVB and Dennis are the only players I’d confidently bet on. They rarely make a wrong decision/often execute the right one.

SVB seems to never shoot the wrong shot. :thumbup:

Dennis shoots the wrong shot, and makes it. :eek:

Ken

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you pushing so hard on this issue? We all know the tier 1 list for USA is 1 line long.

Absolutely wasn't anything against the Americans that's the only ones I like to gamble with I don't trust any others... I was just giving him a chance to make a score off of me based on his opinion

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like we got Alcano vs Filler tonight round two

i will post more info soon

looks like they are scheduled to play after the tourny matches wind down

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wouldnt want to face child prodigy 16 yr old Wu Chia Ching .
And with all variables aside, 16 yr old filler wldnt stand a chance from 16 yr old wu who ran 5 n out for the youngest ever world 9ball title
16 yr wu can prob give him the 7 playing 9 ball

Ko Pin Yi was down 14-4 against Dennis Orcollo in the finals of one of those Asian 9-ball tournaments filled to the brim with some of the best players from the Philippines, Taiwan, etc. and Dennis scratched. Yi ran out that game then ran a 10 pack and out to win the tournament 15-14.

Not to take anything away from Wu, he was and still is a monster. I just haven't seen a tournament finish that's matched Ko Pin Yi's win over Orcollo in such an impressive fashion. It was ~10 years ago, I think it was a Guiness or San Miguel event, something like that. Video was on YT in segments but I can't find it anymore.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We got some One Pocket Action now

Chip Compton vs Lil John Macias race to 5 10k in the middle

DCC ACTION ROOM (7).jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Action Room Derby City Update:

Ronnie Alcano vs Joshua Filler race to 25 10-Ball with $12k in the middle will begin soon, Last race Ronnie won 21-19 in a nail biter action match.

Don't want to miss the 2nd chapter to this Killer Match-Up, check it out and sweat this action at www.PoolActionTV.com

DCC ACTION ROOM (9).jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's on like Donkey Kong

Players are warming up now side bets are hot and heavy lol

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 904

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the question is, does Ronnie have a cue he likes and has he been playing with that cue the entire day?
I heard the last match he had a mystery cue and still won

BJK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the question is, does Ronnie have a cue he likes and has he been playing with that cue the entire day?
I heard the last match he had a mystery cue and still won
He was downstairs with a few cues earlier playing straight pool, then had a one pocket match at 11. Dude never looks uncomfortable with a cue in his hand.