So I Got Banned From FB's "Let's Talk About Pool."

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt pretty good too.

There was a discussion about whether or not the calcutta winner should tip the winning player and it was a decent discussion as far as I could tell. Well until one of the Administrators decided to chime in with his opinion. Once his opinion was questioned, he apparently got "personally offended" and banned that poster and later he explained that this was his test for who should be allowed to stick around.

I had the audacity to question this and they managed to ban me before I could leave the group. So they did win that battle.

Anyway, AZ is a WAY better place to actually exchange ideas about pool than is FB. So I come here not looking for pity but for penance for posting over there to begin with.

There's something more important at work too under the surface but I won't get into that here. Maybe more appropriate for NPR.

Last edited:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Felt pretty good too.

There was a discussion about whether or not the calcutta winner should tip the winning player and it was a decent discussion as far as I could tell. Well until one of the Administrator's decided to chime in with his opinion. Once his opinion was questioned, he apparently got "personally offended" and banned that poster and later he explained that this was his test for who should be allowed to stick around.

I had the audacity to question this and they managed to ban me before I could leave the group. So they did win that battle.

Anyway, AZ is a WAY better place to actually exchange ideas about pool than is FB
. So I come here not looking for pity but for penance for posting over there to begin with.

There's something more important at work too under the surface but I won't get into that here. Maybe more appropriate for NPR.

Plus, AzB doesn't sell your private info to the Rooskies for nefarious purposes! Ummmm... at least I don't think they do. :grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So I’m curious about your views on tipping a calcutta winner.

I bought a guy who got me fourth money once...
..I slipped him some cash and told him “Here’s some gas money.”
He looks at me astonished and said “You’re the first one that’s ever done that!”
...told him “You’ve been hanging around the wrong people.”

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pt109 -- that was pretty much the view of the person that got banned before me over there. So don't go spouting that rhetoric outside of AZ.

I like giving and receiving a tip.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
As far back as I remember if someone buys you in the Calcutta the player usually pays the winning bidder half and at the end you guys split the Calcutta money. Is this not the case anymore?

Or was the discussion only about the player not buying half of themselves but expecting a cut from the bidder after the player wins the bidder money?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes gregnice37 it was about tipping a player that didn't buy a portion (or could be extended to someone who did).

The conversation wasn't really the point but the fact that the mods on there have created their own playground and too often take their little ball home when things don't go their way.

It's not a healthy way to have conversations.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not on any pool related fb groups but have been on others and there are some very very very sad people that get off on banning people for little to no reason. I tried to get a group to put a sticky topic if that was even possible to answer a lot of repeat questions and they told me to stop begging them for help (when I was actually trying to help everyone else) then got banned. Everything on fb is political, fb ruined the internet and not only that but the insane political aspect carries over into the rest of the internet too.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnson -- there's definitely a lot of that going on. Now would be a good time to welcome back some long-lost posters to AZ. Hey, this place may not be perfect but it's a heck of a lot better than FB. Here, your words need to speak for themselves and you can't just hide behind some stupid meme.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very true Z-Nole. There are so many things we can waste our time on. I need to get back to wasting more of it on the pool table.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I’m going to have to try this Facebook thing one day. Feel like I’m missing something by spending all my free time fishing, playing with the kids and playing pool. FB sure sounds awesome.

Its the devil, if you promise never to look into it next time im in Tampa ill give you a cue free of charge :thumbup: