Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not. I worked the "pool world" all my adult life so just maybe I know a little bit more about it then some guy who only read about it somewhere (as Lou admitted in his post #183) or listened to stories from a random pool player. I lived it Dennis, viewing all the good, the bad and the ugly up close, and not having to be informed by rumor mongers and the like. :yeah:

Thanks for the response. BTW, put them in while they can enjoy it.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Probably not. I worked the "pool world" all my adult life so just maybe I know a little bit more about it then some guy who only read about it somewhere (as Lou admitted in his post #183) or listened to stories from a random pool player. I lived it Dennis, viewing all the good, the bad and the ugly up close, and not having to be informed by rumor mongers and the like. :yeah:

Same here Jay! You know of what you speak as well do I, because we lived it to survive for many years! Through allot of absurd rumors and just plain BS, this is how and why pool could never get off the on the right foot!

There is always going to be that level of player that NEVER makes the grade in the pool world to the highest ranks, usually, these players are the, 'Knockers!' They can't, so why enjoy any other player's success or admiration!

Best thing, as has been suggested is to put them ignore! I would say that they will get tired of just their own voice, but, that's what motivates them!

Billy deserves every vote possible to be inducted into the HOF!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said Bill. Just like today, there were players known to do business and other guys who wouldn't ever consider it under any circumstances. Unlike the totally uninformed Lou, I did know you VERY WELL! Your reputation for playing your hardest to win was well known in the pool world. And your reputation for being a winner was legendary. Believe me if I ever saw you make a game. I was side betting on you. I won a lot of tens and twenties that way! ;)

You were a rare bird who always bet his own money. There were only a few top players who would step up and bet their own 100%. I have no idea who Old Fart is and I don't even care. It's obvious to me that he knows absolutely NOTHING about the pool world we grew up in. For Lou to attach any credibility to anything he says only tells me that Lou also knows zero about our world. He admitted that he had a job and worked all his life so how he all of sudden became an expert on the pool world is beyond me. Billy, you know that I made the rounds pretty good and knew ALL the players of our generation and I never heard of Lou until he showed up on here. I wouldn't give any credence whatsoever to anything he has to say about pool and it's players. It's kind a like a fart in the wind when he speaks. :rolleyes:

Have never claimed to be an expert on pool.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don’t know, then why say anything.

You last sentence is textbook passive aggressive, you’re much worse than the guy that got banned.

I’ve enjoyed Mr. Incardona’s commentary on pool streams, as well as his posts here. From the way he handled this thread tells me a lot about his character.

lol, wouldn't that be something as a new rule for AZ: If you don't know, then don't say anything.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you really say why would someone make an outrageous statement if he didn't have the cards, and that's why you deemed him creditable? That's one of the weakest reasons any man could come up with, you lost points on that one Lou. Give me a break. If anyone buys that, that's the guy I want to gamble with. I'm out Lou, no reason to discuss this any further.

Bill Incardona

You do know what "credible" means, right?

It means plausible, tenable, conceivable, possible. It does not confer correctness, reputability, honesty, sincerity, nor scrupulousness.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on now Lou, yes it is my accounting, didn't you believe old fart when he said that I was infamous for doing businesswhen it was his accounting, true? But maybe you knew him better than you know me.

Bill Incardona

I have no idea who Old Fart is.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wayne that is my recollection too
i brought it up because i beleive lou has a hostile attitude towards bill..jmho
lou sidestepped my question and i didnt want to side track the thread so i didnt respond
and i felt there was no reason to start a new one over it

You are wrong, again. And I have the PMs and have had the private conversations with Steve to prove otherwise.

And BTW, I see you quoting Wayne, whom I have on Ignore because he's had a long time beef with me. In fact, the last time he made a personal attack at me he received a final warning.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 2.43.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 2.43.53 PM.png
    110 KB · Views: 177

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,
Billy should be inducted before Grady.
Why?
Because Billy's still with us and deserves this long-overdue honor before many more years slip away. The HOF doesn't elect a member for Meritorious Service every year, so time is of the essence.
As for Grady, I support his nomination and induction into the HOF, as well.
But since Grady has already passed away, the urgency of his nomination is not relevant to this particular conversation. Let's campaign for Grady next.

As a parting word, I have publicly supported Billy's nomination for several years, and I've known Billy (although we're not close buddies) for over half of my 75 years.
Billy has been a gambler for decades, yet I've never heard a negative whisper about his integrity.
What purpose does it serve for you to throw gasoline on a flame?
I urge you to support Billy's nomination into the BCA Hall of Fame.

kkdanamatt, I knew Grady a hair better than Billy, so there's that. And the category you suggested was Meritorious Service. I provided Wiki links waaaaay back at the start of this thread, showing that it appeared Grady had done much more in that regard (promoting events) and that made me feel he was more worthy than Billy. I certainly hope Billy gets in as a player.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thread specifically asks about B.I. What does Grady have to with this.

Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy.
The Billiards Congress of America's Hall of Fame annual induction ceremony will take place this October at the US-International 9-Ball Open in Norfolk, Va.
Two categories have been established in the Billiard Congress of America's Hall of Fame.
The Greatest Player category is reserved for outstanding players who have been active in national or international competition for at least 20 years and have won at least one national or international championship.
The Meritorious Service category is reserved for those who have made lasting, memorable and important contributions to billiards
Billy Incardona belongs in the Hall of Fame for his Meritorious Service.
There is no question that Billy has made lasting, memorable and important contributions to billiards.
Is there anyone else that is more qualified?
His credentials are impeccable.
I think it's an honor that Billy deserves and is long overdue.
I urge the Hall of Fame panel to vote for Billy Incardona's induction.

In hindsight, maybe that was meant as a rhetorical question :-o

Lou Figueroa

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
I decided I wanted to watch more videos of Mr. Incardona. I googled "Billy Incardona videos", and what was the first one that popped up?...1994 US Open One Pocket... Billy Incardona vs Grady Mathews!! What are the odds of that? :thumbup:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are wrong, again. And I have the PMs and have had the private conversations with Steve to prove otherwise.

And BTW, I see you quoting Wayne, whom I have on Ignore because he's had a long time beef with me. In fact, the last time he made a personal attack at me he received a final warning.

Lou Figueroa

Haha. Lou reported me to Mr. Wilson. I then reported all of Lou’s attacks in a thread on numerous posters (first time I ever reported anyone) and Lou got a ban for several months.

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know what "credible" means, right?

It means plausible, tenable, conceivable, possible. It does not confer correctness, reputability, honesty, sincerity, nor scrupulousness.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, creditable in Merriam Webster Dictionary clearly states " worthy of belief"

Also, you said you didn't know me well enough to offer an opinion on my character, however, you don't even know old fart but you said he sounds creditable. (Worthy of belief)

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

And if I get nominated to the HOF please take good look at my past. As a banker in Monopoly I have tucked plenty of $100 bills under the board just in case.

:embarrassed2: Well I never heard of such practices! :wink:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, creditable in Merriam Webster Dictionary clearly states " worthy of belief"

Also, you said you didn't know me well enough to offer an opinion on my character, however, you don't even know old fart but you said he sounds creditable. (Worthy of belief)

Bill Incardona

Well, I guess we could split hairs on this all day long, Bill (though we'd have to leave Jay out of the discussion :) but there are different definitions and I meant and used it in the manner I mentioned and as it shows up when I look up the word, as in it is "able" to be believed v "worthy" of belief.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.20.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.20.52 PM.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.25.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.25.45 PM.png
    52 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, I guess we could split hairs on this all day long, Bill (though we'd have to leave Jay out of the discussion :) but there are different definitions and I meant and used it in the manner I mentioned and as it shows up when I look up the word, as in it is "able" to be believed v "worthy" of belief.

Lou Figueroa

Single bullet theory? Or as per Dershowitz... if it could happen it happened? If an elephant can dangle from a twig by his tail...if it could possibly happen it could happen.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

So what part of Old Fart's original post was credible? I'm having trouble finding it Lou and thought that perhaps you can help me. :rolleyes:

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience Billy I is a gentleman, a legendary player, and one of the best commentators in the game. He is an ambassador to our game. He is also a great guy personally and very generous. Except for that game he offered me. 9/8 every other game!! He’s also funny!!! .

HOF or not doesn’t change Class and Billy has it in spades in my opinion.

Old fart you stink.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my experience Billy I is a gentleman, a legendary player, and one of the best commentators in the game. He is an ambassador to our game. He is also a great guy personally and very generous. Except for that game he offered me. 9/8 every other game!! He’s also funny!!! .

HOF or not doesn’t change Class and Billy has it in spades in my opinion.

Old fart you stink.

Hello Mkb...keep /playing improving like you have been and maybe we'll see you in the HOF someday.

Last edited: