Fargorate list

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen the top 100 list, is there a list that ranks all players? At least one that goes deeper into the amateurs???

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Not that I've found. But you can type in a name, get the player's Fargo rating...

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try fairmatch.fargorate.com

There is a Find Player and you can look anyone up.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try fairmatch.fargorate.com

There is a Find Player and you can look anyone up.

True. Look up a player and click on the star by their name. That will add them to your "favorites" list.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see some custom searchers where you put in a range of rankings to get a list (say players from TX 500-600, or top 50 players in CA).

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see some custom searchers where you put in a range of rankings to get a list (say players from TX 500-600, or top 50 players in CA).

That would be cool. I'd be willing to bet this is all stored in a database so simple SQL queries could create all the custom reports you could think of.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's problems with this rating system. I'm listed three times:groucho: I contacted Fargorate to advise of this. So far no response and no correction.
I believe this system has problems that need to corrected before it can be deemed a reliable method of ranking amateur players playing in leagues. This system isn't any good without correct data.
I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with this type of incorrect data.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-02 FargoRate - FairMatch_edited.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-11-02 FargoRate - FairMatch_edited.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 485

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's problems with this rating system. I'm listed three times:groucho: I contacted Fargorate to advise of this. So far no response and no correction.
I believe this system has problems that need to corrected before it can be deemed a reliable method of ranking amateur players playing in leagues. This system isn't any good without correct data.
I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with this type of incorrect data.

Looks like you were entered in Fargo events with different names. There is no way for a computer or anyone else to know that Ernest A and Ernie A are different players unless they actually know you and are there when you are entered in the system. It's not an issue with the system but an issue with having different names used in the events. Anyone that is there under different names will have this happen.

There has also been confusion with Jr/Sr people where ratings for the kid gets mixed up with the father's ratings.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... There is no way for a computer or anyone else to know that Ernest A and Ernie A are different players unless they actually know you and are there when you are entered in the system. It's not an issue with the system but an issue with having different names used in the events.
As he enters other Fargo-enabled events they will presumably ask him which Earnie he is and maybe he will always point to the same one on the list. After a while the other Ernest will fade away.

But in the best of all possible worlds each player would receive an official FargoRate number in their first tournament and all of their results would be under that number and with the correct spelling of their name. That requires a lot more effort by the TD -- until there is an app that does all the work, that is.

I suppose in the US you could use SSNs as unique (and remembered) ID numbers but that brings up privacy issues. I've seen some systems that use phone numbers.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As he enters other Fargo-enabled events they will presumably ask him which Earnie he is and maybe he will always point to the same one on the list. After a while the other Ernest will fade away.

But in the best of all possible worlds each player would receive an official FargoRate number in their first tournament and all of their results would be under that number and with the correct spelling of their name. That requires a lot more effort by the TD -- until there is an app that does all the work, that is.

I suppose in the US you could use SSNs as unique (and remembered) ID numbers but that brings up privacy issues. I've seen some systems that use phone numbers.

I have a Fargo ID number, and I see that yours is a very low number, it's a 4 digit one, mine is 6. I also see you are only a 593 you sandbagger LOL

The 3 Ernies have 3 different IDs, so the system sees them as 3 different players.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Fargo ID number, and I see that yours is a very low number, it's a 4 digit one, mine is 6. I also see you are only a 593 you sandbagger LOL
I would bet all those Ernies have a different ID number.
I have no idea where they got 101 nine ball games for me. I think the last nine ball tournament I played in was the US Open a bunch of years ago.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea where they got 101 nine ball games for me. I think the last nine ball tournament I played in was the US Open a bunch of years ago.

It's not just 9 ball, it's any game entered in the system. I played in league in 9 ball, 8 ball and 10 ball, tournaments in 9 ball , 8 ball, and 10 ball, USAPL league, Joss events, local tournaments run by USAPL/BCA, all those are in my robustness. Straight pool may be tough since they can get your win/loss rating, it would be harder to rank how close the games were due to how the scoring is. Is a 50-100 loss in straight pool equal a 5-10 loss in 9 ball? There is some issues there with converting things.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, what's your number now Ernie?

I was wondering how the machine would discern which Ernie was saying something
isn't right, till the One got a look at it.

Still trying to find where you make an account with fargorate, can you edit info if you're in?

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lookin for a ranking list. Not a player rank.. I'd like to see the master list lol or maybe a list rank added on your page

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Still trying to find where you make an account with fargorate, can you edit info if you're in?

No you can't edit info, just view it. Allowing people to edit their info in a handicapping system would not be the best idea.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I just looked him up and still showed me the multiple accounts. Maybe it takes a little time for the system to update.