Rocket Rodney's US Open Winning Tascarella On Ebay

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So? Whats the over?

Is it a set price?

My wife forbids me to look.

My wife almost killed me after I bought the last searing cue. It was well below 25k but I assure you, it was as good a cue as any cue that has ever hit a ball.

If she knew I was even having a conversation about such cues, I would probably have to move to the couch for at least a night or two.. seriously, lol.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$25,000?

Is that realistic for a $4,000 cue owned and used by Rocket?

I have no idea, just askin' because that is a big number for a Tasc.

This is a buy now not a traditional auction and there's an option to make an offer. The fact that the shipping method "Varies" tells me that this will likely be delivered via Pony Express. This seller only has one item sold on Ebay which is another red flag for a higher end item along with the shipping which may explain why there's only been one offer. This is actually Local Pick up Only which limits about 95% of the potential buyers for it assuming there are any at that price. For me personally when I have a one of a kind item it's better to start high with best offer to get a more accurate idea of what the market will be.

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=292839900540&rt=nc&_trksid=p2471758.m4903

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is worth whatever it sells for. All those knocking the asking price should keep their opinions to themselves or make an offer. Yea I know it's a forum, but the WFS has rules about knocking prices and they should apply to any item for sale anywhere.. JMO and I am sticking to it.... FWIW.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
This is a buy now not a traditional auction and there's an option to make an offer. The fact that the shipping method "Varies" tells me that this will likely be delivered via Pony Express. This seller only has one item sold on Ebay which is another red flag for a higher end item along with the shipping which may explain why there's only been one offer. This is actually Local Pick up Only which limits about 95% of the potential buyers for it assuming there are any at that price. For me personally when I have a one of a kind item it's better to start high with best offer to get a more accurate idea of what the market will be.

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=292839900540&rt=nc&_trksid=p2471758.m4903

I took the risk and sold a cue to him a couple weeks ago on eBay and no issues, fwiw. Even got a message from him today saying he won his 1st tourney in a long time using the cue I sold him.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is worth whatever it sells for. All those knocking the asking price should keep their opinions to themselves or make an offer. Yea I know it's a forum, but the WFS has rules about knocking prices and they should apply to any item for sale anywhere.. JMO and I am sticking to it.... FWIW.

Your exactly right, 100%.

I am the last person to knock anything pool related.

As for the asking price, well.... if it brings anything close to 25k, I got some cues I want him to sell for me for damn sure.

About the WFS rules, I'm not 100% certain but I think those rules are for the WFS section, not the main forum. Again, I may be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm in no way, saying that I don't want his product mentioned or even listed in the main forum. Hell, I LOVE looking at nice cues. I even buy one or two, here and there.

Bottom line:

I sincerely hope it brings 25k. I wouldn't hold my breath but, we can still hope, right? Then again, I was told "hope" was not a plan.

Hope never works for me. Maybe it will work for him.

Fingers crossed here!

Rake

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This cue is being auctioned on Ebay and not posted here on the "Main Forum" for sale. As far as I'm concerned it's fair game and open for comment...good, bad or indifferent.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
This cue is being auctioned on Ebay and not posted here on the "Main Forum" for sale. As far as I'm concerned it's fair game and open for comment...good, bad or indifferent.

I agree with this 100%.

Adding to that I think the $25,000 or make offer option are simply a starting point and the seller is very likely just putting it out there on eBay in an advertising effort. It appears to be working see how we're discussing it here on AZ.

Ken Kerner of high-end cues has already posted in this thread that if anyone were interested in this cue that they are welcome to contact him to discuss it

Ken would be exactly the person to discuss such a cue with. Completely honest, knowledgeable and straightforward.

best.
brian kc

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All those knocking the asking price should keep their opinions to themselves

I am curious to know which post, specifically, is "knocking" the asking price.

I have not found one post knocking the price, but rather openly questioning the reality of obtaining this large number for the cue.

Big difference between knocking and simply asking.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have not found one post knocking the price, but rather openly questioning the reality of obtaining this large number for the cue.

R U a lawyer? U sure sound like one. Since you asked, it's likely you already know the answer...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I feel it adds Zero to the price because of the owner. If it were Mosconi, then yes(and certainly not this amount), otherwise not so much.
Jason

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R U a lawyer? U sure sound like one. Since you asked, it's likely you already know the answer...

Not sure what my profession has to do with it.

I actually do know the answer, nobody knocked the sale price.

Thanks for confirming that.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what my profession has to do with it.

I actually do know the answer, nobody knocked the sale price.

Thanks for confirming that.

Stop your damn squirming. Buy it and then let us know if it is worth the price.

Simple.

Go go go!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seller has the right to ask whatever they wish. The cue will bring what the market will bear. A cool Tascarella used by Rodney for a big win is definitely a nice collector's item.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that how he shoots (looking at the cue ball last)????

That is what he states in the Break and Run DVD. Says that players with better cue ball control (him, efren, etc) look at cue ball last. Says that better shot makers look at object ball last.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought your post was "knocking" the price, just my humble .02$ which I am sure you could care less about(I actually thought the same as you). The way I read it, you were disparagingly referencing the price, like" who would actually pay that", implying it's a rip-off. I do see where you are coming from too. Semantics.....

Best wishes, take it easy