Let's Make Jump Sticks, Tite Racks Illegal

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I don't use a jump cue because I suck at it & would rather play full cue, I break with mine too.
I do want my opponents to use them, most of the time they miss the shot, a LOT of the time they miss completely & I get BIH.
If they get lucky enough to pocket the ball, they usually don't have shape for another shot.
So I vote to keep jump cues, at least for all my opponents! lol

You must spread some rep around before giving it to Johnny again.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That would be okay to use. Takes a very hard stroke and you've got to know what you're doing versus how any beginner can use a "jump" cue. Youngsters will hate my post but it needs to be done. In golf, Sam Snead hated it when they banned his croquet putting stance but he got along with out it.
I think Efren Reyes does NOT have a jump cue. He's done okay without it.

Everyone isn’t Efren, and he does have a jump cue and has used it in competition. Now what?

Freddie <~~~ votes for no jump cues for pro events

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah lets be olde timey and stuff. Hey i once fashioned a cue by burning away the non cue material by camp fire. Slapped a whale bubber tip on it and called it good! Who wants a tight rack anyway? When you could have fights and arguing and cheating from guys who cant run out ever.Lets bring back green cloth while we are at it . oh yeah slow green cloth yup. need a stroke for that stuff. hey how bout some 5 1/4 inch buckets too/?

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I knew how to make a poll out of this but this is something that needs to be done in competition. Jump sticks have nothing to do with the game of pool. Tight racks make the rack too perfect. A little slop in the rack make the balls go in different directions.
I have both but I'd get rid of them if banned. Let's learn the rail systems and rack the balls with the triangle.... the way it used to be.

Im 63 and feeling young here. Do you guys play regional tournaments? Have you not noticed jump cues and magic racks are almost in every tournament now? Even Derby City which i think was the last hold out used them.We arent going backwards. FargoRate system and all the new stuff is great.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I knew how to make a poll out of this but this is something that needs to be done in competition. Jump sticks have nothing to do with the game of pool. Tight racks make the rack too perfect. A little slop in the rack make the balls go in different directions.
I have both but I'd get rid of them if banned. Let's learn the rail systems and rack the balls with the triangle.... the way it used to be.

Settle down, RAM Shot.

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came to AZB tonight because I wondered sho runs Derby. Hardly any video online. Like its a secret or something? Poool needs life and exposure. Funny I learnthrough this thread Derby still doesnt allow Jump cues. They also dont allow anyone to watch what happened there. Lol Missed opportunities abound with old thinking.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I came to AZB tonight because I wondered sho runs Derby. Hardly any video online. Like its a secret or something? Poool needs life and exposure. Funny I learnthrough this thread Derby still doesnt allow Jump cues. They also dont allow anyone to watch what happened there. Lol Missed opportunities abound with old thinking.

Well, Greg Sullivan wanted people to come to the Derby. Did you look on the Streaming Forum? InsidePoolTV/Billiard Channel, Pool Action, Roy’s Basement, TV Mike, and of course Accu-stats streamed the DCC. Might want to take note for next year.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Yes, and he refuses to show anything about how he plays.
Funny, he just skips over that and continues to tell everyone else about how things should be done.

Guy might not be able to even get the 9 to hit a rail.

Has this already been covered about 1,000,000 times?

Are you the same person that PUSHES the digicue thingy?

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Turning Stone was no jump cues as well. Pool is a 2 dimensional game at its best. A good kick or masse should be encouraged. So more tournaments banning cheater cues is a good thing...imo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Everyone isn’t Efren, and he does have a jump cue and has used it in competition. Now what?

Freddie <~~~ votes for no jump cues for pro events

REAL TALK.

Why is it that people continually worry about what others are using/ doing.

If you dont like using them, DON'T! no one wants to hear you tell us how you you dislike that change has happened in pool.

Lame post from the OP.

Trent from Toledo

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, and he refuses to show anything about how he plays.
Funny, he just skips over that and continues to tell everyone else about how things should be done.

Guy might not be able to even get the 9 to hit a rail.

I feel I have experience with the put up or shut up on this forum..... lol...

I was called out by a few due to me "seemingly" bragging about ghost races, 14.1 runs etc....etc... but, I didn't shut up, I put up.

After I put em up, I took em down.... but i did put em up even though I was and never will be a world beater.

If he's gonna keep telling people they are scared about their stroke, need to learn to kick etc...etc... well, he better show something regardless how strong/weak it is..... OR chill.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Though I dont use one, jump cues arent going away just for the fact that there's too much money to be made...

As for tight racks, maybe standard racks should be used and you shouldn't be allowed to study the rack accept from where you're breaking. No binoculars!..LOL... Youd have to trust your opponent will try and do a quick but fair attempt at racking. Also maybe there should be only 3 places allowed to break from. Either side rail or straight on.

This would make the layouts after breaking less consistent and more challenging imho.:)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REAL TALK.

Why is it that people continually worry about what others are using/ doing.

If you dont like using them, DON'T! no one wants to hear you tell us how you you dislike that change has happened in pool.

Lame post from the OP.

Trent from Toledo

Yes!!!! Cornerman's post, like yours.... is spot on.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outlaw jumping, stroking in the air before the shot, tapping the cloth where you want whitey to stop, touching the rack after it's racked, whining you need the cue ball cleaned before the next shot and talking with anyone in the audience. Not a warning...you forfeit the match.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Now I didn't get to watch every gambling match at the Derby, but the few I did see that were rotation games between top players all allowed jump cues. The players seem to be ok with it for the cash.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outlaw jumping, stroking in the air before the shot, tapping the cloth where you want whitey to stop, touching the rack after it's racked, whining you need the cue ball cleaned before the next shot and talking with anyone in the audience. Not a warning...you forfeit the match.
Looks like we've found a leading candidate for "Pool Nazi" as in Seinfeld's classic. "No, no pool for you". Seriously, no "air stroking"??? WTF??? You must be REAL fun to play with.