Adam Pendley from NC

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I lived in the Carolinas from 2003-2010 there was a tough little player named Adam Pendley. I always thought he'd be a big name some day if he kept playing. Haven't heard anything about him in years. Anyone know what he's up to?

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I lived in the Carolinas from 2003-2010 there was a tough little player named Adam Pendley. I always thought he'd be a big name some day if he kept playing. Haven't heard anything about him in years. Anyone know what he's up to?

They were two brothers...adam and?? From marion north carolina. One was real stocky built and one was very slim. Both played good,the slim,quiter kid was gonna be the better player,and the muscular kid died unexpectedly (not sure if he was sick or an accident,but i,m pretty sure it was the stockier one...MARCUS..his name just came to me...marcus and adam pendley. One of the two died and i have never heard from the other since.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were two brothers...adam and?? From marion north carolina. One was real stocky built and one was very slim. Both played good,the slim,quiter kid was gonna be the better player,and the muscular kid died unexpectedly (not sure if he was sick or an accident,but i,m pretty sure it was the stockier one...MARCUS..his name just came to me...marcus and adam pendley. One of the two died and i have never heard from the other since.
I do not believe that is correct info that one of them has passed, as one of our regulars is from Marion and I was asking him recently about the Pendley brothers. Adam, the younger one, had as much natural pool talent as anyone I've ever seen. He played in our room in a BCA Junior National qualifier in the early 2000s when he was only 12 or 13, which he won, and went on to finish 2nd or 3rd in the Jr Nationals that year at the University of Michigan poolroom. I remember his Dad was more concerned with inquiring as to whether anyone here was interested in a $$ game against him as opposed to the BCA qualifier event he was here to play in.

Even then, he had a sledgehammer hard break, jump shots and a complete 9-ball arsenal. He certainly had the talent to be as good if not better than any of those other child prodigy players from that same time period such as Bergman, Gray, Hall, Morra and the late Tyler Straun. I heard he beat Earl Strickland heads up in a tournament when he was still a junior. Sadly, his future/career as a pool player has been sidetracked by personal issues in the past 10+ years, although he's still likely only around 28 or 29.

JstnHrrld

Adam and Marcus Pendley, I used to hang out with them and their older brother Michael Pendley. I was an avid pool player at the time also. And everyone in town that played pool knew who Adam was. He was one of those kids that was just good at everything...I was actually closer in age to their older brother Michael. Michael chose a different path than his two younger brothers did and was mostly busy partying and fighting while his younger brothers traveled around to different pool halls. Adam was projected to start playing billiards on ESPN when he turned 16. I was actually arrested and shipped back to my home town from McDowell County to Wilkes County for an absconding probation warrant. But right before that happened Adam's older brother had had some huge argument with the mother to his newborn child and they had stated that he he ran off into the woods and hadn't been seen since. 2 weeks went by and they finally started sending people into the woods to look for him...I was arrested before they found Michael...but once I was released I got in touch with some friends in Marion and they told me that Michael had actually been found hanging by a belt from a tree. Since then I haven't been able to get a response from Adam or Marcus on any social media provider. I would imagine their older brothers suicide probably had a huge impact on them and perhaps Adam chose to go down a different path other than billiards. I hope I helped...that's all I really know of Adam and Marcus...if anyone else knows anything more then please update me.

JstnHrrld

Sorry but neither of those 2 died...it was their older brother Michael Pendley who committed suicide. I was actually a really good friend to all 3 of them. I used to run around playing cash games with Adam.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I haven't seen either of them in quite some time. I think Marcus is indisposed at the moment. I haven't heard a peep about Adam and I used to see him all the time in Hickory

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't seen either of them in quite some time. I think Marcus is indisposed at the moment. I haven't heard a peep about Adam and I used to see him all the time in Hickory
One of our regulars who saw Adam recently said he was hardly recognizable and didn’t even know if he still played pool anymore - very sad. Based on his natural gift for the game, the kid could’ve been a champion.