Where did they go?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Occasionally here on the forum I see threads wondering where certain players are nowadays. I have three players that easily come to mind and makes me wonder what's going on in their lives...and if they even play competitive pool much anymore. The three players are:

Gabe Owen (OK)
Sylver Ochoa (TX)
Adam Smith (MI)

Haven't heard anything about them in a while. Anybody know anything on these three guys?

Maniac

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems they just fade away into obscurity...

You could add so many more to that list even once top players who actually made
millions playing the game like Grady Seasons did buy haven't been seen in years.:D

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Occasionally here on the forum I see threads wondering where certain players are nowadays. I have three players that easily come to mind and makes me wonder what's going on in their lives...and if they even play competitive pool much anymore. The three players are:

Gabe Owen (OK)
Sylver Ochoa (TX)
Adam Smith (MI)

Haven't heard anything about them in a while. Anybody know anything on these three guys?

Maniac

Gabe was at Side Pocket Open two weeks ago !

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last time I talked with Gabe's dad,Bob

I was told Gabe was not playing very good or very much

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Gabe Owen (OK)
Sylver Ochoa (TX)
Adam Smith (MI)

Maniac

I believe Sylver Ochoa has a family and is busy raising kids:cool:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last time I talked with Gabe's dad,Bob

I was told Gabe was not playing very good or very much

" One of Gabe's hands was seriously injured by a dog bite....
I think a family members dog bit Him-
STOPPED PLAYING For a few years-
He comes to Tulsa occasionally-
Plays the Mid West 9 ball here-also Olathe , KS.
Sylver has a young family keeping him busy , away from the game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gabe played pretty good in the ring-game at Shreveport recently. He builds cues with his dad Bob in Wichita. With the free entry i'd assume he's going to play at the Open in Vegas. He'll most likely be at Olathe this week. Sylver still plays locally in Houston area. He's doin' the family thing now. Smith lives in Ohio somewhere. Think he still plays some.

Last edited: