The critics have been silenced...

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Well, well ....John has broken the record.

John has broken it by 100 balls.

It is on VIDEO. There were witnesses.

It is the highest run ever confirmed. It is confirmed in the most reliable, indisputable and conclusive way. Nothing about it is subjective, it is purely objective. No hearsay. No BS.

I had a feeling that once he did this, all there would be left are the desperate ramblings of people saying so-and-so ran 700+ in some basement...and other unsubstantiated, mythical runs. Legends of pool. Do I personally believe some of the greats pulled off a higher run in practice or what not? Sure. I think it is very likely. I don't think it is a sure thing. But either way, it matters not as there's no evidence.

Mosconi's run was witnessed by a lot of people who signed on it. That is legit. All these other runs are mythical. Don't care what so and so said, who knew so and so who saw it themselves.

Let's see...is there anything the haters, Mosconi worshipers and others can say to knock John?

Can they criticize the table? No, not compared to what Mosconi played on.

Some say it's not the same as John had many attempts. Well, that's BS too - because Mosconi routinely made exhibitions and routinely would continue runs to please the crowd. So he had many attempts too. Now..he may not have been completely committed to and determined to run as many as he could possibly run on each of his exhibitions, but nonetheless, this claim that it was his only high run attempt is bogus.

Oh, there's the claim that John wasn't playing an opponent. Is that even relevant when you're running 600+ balls? Deduct a full rack of 14 points to compensate for a starting position, he still broke the record. A match typically is played to 150. Again, irrelevant.

Ha, just waiting for someone to claim John was using performance enhancing drugs. LOL.

Just give it up. Instead of trying to diminish John, recognize it as the greatest run ever. Mosconi's run is still great and always will be. Accomplished so long ago. Stood for so long as seemingly unbreakable.

It doesn't mean John is the greatest 14.1 player. Mosconi was better.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said- let's all just move forward and acknowledge this great achievement for what it is- nobody should take anything away from John for this proven accomplishment! Hopefully it will be used to PROMOTE the game of pocket billiards in general, and not just to profit or glorify one person. The sport needs a shot in the arm to get it going again esp. here in the U.S.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve honestly seen the same people who have said the Revo is bs and of no help saying he had an unfair advantage playing wit it lol ah the internet.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I don't recall anyone on the entire forum suggesting that this isn't the world record. John's got the record, plain and simple.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we need to get "Mr. 625" matched-up with "Five-time Hohmann" for a multi-day 1000pt match. That would be epic.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is the highest run ever confirmed. It is confirmed in the most reliable, indisputable and conclusive way. Nothing about it is subjective, it is purely objective. No hearsay. No BS.

I had a feeling that once he did this, all there would be left are the desperate ramblings of people saying so-and-so ran 700+ in some basement...and other unsubstantiated, mythical runs. Legends of pool. Do I personally believe some of the greats pulled off a higher run in practice or what not? Sure. I think it is very likely. I don't think it is a sure thing. But either way, it matters not as there's no evidence.

Mosconi's run was witnessed by a lot of people who signed on it. That is legit. All these other runs are mythical. Don't care what so and so said, who knew so and so who saw it themselves.

Let's see...is there anything the haters, Mosconi worshipers and others can say to knock John?

Some say it's not the same as John had many attempts. Well, that's BS too - because Mosconi routinely made exhibitions and routinely would continue runs to please the crowd. So he had many attempts too. Now..he may not have been completely committed to and determined to run as many as he could possibly run on each of his exhibitions, but nonetheless, this claim that it was his only high run attempt is bogus.

Oh, there's the claim that John wasn't playing an opponent. Is that even relevant when you're running 600+ balls? Deduct a full rack of 14 points to compensate for a starting position, he still broke the record. A match typically is played to 150. Again, irrelevant.

Ha, just waiting for someone to claim John was using performance enhancing drugs. LOL.

Just give it up. Instead of trying to diminish John, recognize it as the greatest run ever. Mosconi's run is still great and always will be. Accomplished so long ago. Stood for so long as seemingly unbreakable.

That would be incorrect.

Lou Figueroa

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I guess we need to get "Mr. 625" matched-up with "Five-time Hohmann" for a multi-day 1000pt match. That would be epic.

I know who'd be the winner if that match takes place. The fans!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well now that you mention it ...

I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Hu

If you knew John personally you would know how far off base you are.

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys beat this in the same way a boy going thru puberty beats his pud..over and over....

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Lol that’s pretty funny. He Xanax’d his way to the record? Or was it Power Thirst that he used? Maybe the “Mananna” flavor, or “Fizz*****” or even...”GUN!!!”

Or is smoking the herb to blame? Most pool players whose names start with J that I personally know and am, well...they definitely get into the trance best under the influence of dubage.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe stop talking about “haters” and grow up a little. Nobody disrespects the achievement.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member

Hu

Ass.

-Andrew

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
john, john, john

If you knew John personally you would know how far off base you are.

I know that years after we had any dealings with each other I wasn't on facebook a few hours before john typed three few line posts in a row attacking me then gloated over being able to block me there, unlike message forums. he looked a lot like the little boy on the school ground that runs up and hits somebody in the back and then goes hide behind the teacher.

I also know john got his whacker in a twist so badly over making an ass out of himself right here on AZB that he had his friend physically stalk me. The plan was supposedly for the two to physically attack me once they knew how to find me. john was living in Florida at the time and his friend near me. Seemed about par for the course, a pair of them needed to jump one old man.

john has set a record. Few if any will dispute that. Some like I will wonder how he suddenly posted a run far better than his recent personal best set in weeks of intense effort after twenty years of chasing the record. 490 was a significant outlier in itself. I suspect that with the pressure he had placed on himself and the incentives offered he might have gotten a little creative to get over the line. Nobody but john will know for sure and most pool players won't care if he cooked the books a bit or not. Pool has a long history of chem players. Did he or didn't he? I didn't care enough to bring the issue up but considering all the things that could mellow him out a bit I suspect his nerves might have been aided a little. Nobody will ever know and few if any will care.

Hu

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you get in confrontations repeatedly over stuff on the internet, perhaps it’s you that has the problem, not everyone else.

And the post about drugs was a cheap shot.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you get in confrontations repeatedly over stuff on the internet, perhaps it’s you that has the problem, not everyone else.

And the post about drugs was a cheap shot.
Ditto. Another keyboard character assassination. Low rent to say the least.