You heard it here first

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Vulnerable to an oxidation environment....
...so more than just your stroke may get rusty.

‘Course, they’re working on the downsides, including conducting electricity...
...big change from wood, which is an insulator.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
‘Course, they’re working on the downsides, including conducting electricity...
...big change from wood, which is an insulator.

So....there could be lightning in your stroke???

Maniac (can't save my game)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So....there could be lightning in your stroke???

Maniac (can't save my game)

thumb_freakingnews-com-captain-marvel-gomer-pyle-pictures-freaking-news-53818934.png

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
China already has plenty of fabricators using it (I've not read of one fabricator outside of lab experiments fabricating outside of Chine). You can find it readily available in...

3-D printers (small volume)
Screen protectors (conductive)
Paneling (brittle) (replacements for Carbon fiber)
Solar panels (tempered polymers) (crack guard)
Roofing sealants (self adhesive types)
Excavating mesh (replacement for ABS)

Would this be better than a Predator REVO? Sure. Would this be cheaper? LOL!

I learned about this material about a decade ago for conducive touch screens for mobile devices (its most notable usage). I've never seen it in a reasonable price point as a drop in replacement (outside of screen protection that is). All the uses I've listed I actually read through IT channels, usually the computing side of the machine that is using the material.

Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I confess

I actually found about auto manufacturers that are using it to build car parts. Ford is going to build a car with a lot of body parts. The old advertising super lite, stronger than steel.

There was a very small car built in Europe in the 1950's named graphene.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
your carbon fiber shafts may soon be obsolete.

Next hottest thing

GRAPHENE

I don’t want to burst your bubble since I want you, Chuck, to bring us (me) a graphene Shaft. But since I said “you heard it here first” when talking about graphene and shafts a while ago, I’d love it if you were the first to actually bring it to reality.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=6321900&highlight=Graphene#post6321900

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=5438828&highlight=graphene#post5438828

Freddie <~~~ onto the next material

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I actually found about auto manufacturers that are using it to build car parts. Ford is going to build a car with a lot of body parts. The old advertising super lite, stronger than steel.

There was a very small car built in Europe in the 1950's named graphene.

Do you recall the builder?

I remember the dimunitive Dauphine by the French firm Renault, but cannot place the Graphene.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Really? Callaway is using it in golf balls. Not that exotic anymore.
They sprinkle a little on them and market the crap out of it. Truly using it as the primary substrate in a cue is an entirely different exercise. It's like the difference between serving cookies at your dinner table and building a gingerbread house to live in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They sprinkle a little on them and market the crap out of it. Truly using it as the primary substrate in a cue is an entirely different exercise. It's like the difference between serving cookies at your dinner table and building a gingerbread house to live in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not just "sprinkled in " as you put it. They use it as part of the core. https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/chrome-soft/balls-2018-chrome-soft.html Using it in a cue would be no big stretch.