Brunswick Being Sold?

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, old news. I think perhaps the next move is for KPS to sell the billiard business. Finding a buyer might be hard. But at the right price everything sells.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I can't say one way or another whether who the parent company of Brunswick Billiards is, or will be, matters.

Please explain why this story is important.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Maybe I’m coming to the party late?

Yes, a little late. There have already been threads discussing the progress of Brunswick Billiards as it exited the Brunswick Corporation.

Here it was moved into a "Life Fitness" division, which I guess happened about the time that Brunswick exited bowling entirely: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=392227

And here is a post discussing the sale of Life Fitness, including Brunswick Billiards, to a private equity firm, hidden inside a long thread:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6456911&postcount=67

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't say one way or another whether who the parent company of Brunswick Billiards is, or will be, matters.

The parent company sets budgets or at least approves them. The new owners may have a different opinion about the value of promotion. They may also look for a way to merge or sell with/to a Chinese company. They may give the billiard part of Life Fitness more autonomy.

Sales like this often bring large changes.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Not sure why he would have to explain his topic.... He is just a lil late to find out, I just did a couple of weeks ago.

I think it is maaayyyybbee because Brunswick has been making pool tables since 1845.

I am going to assume mostly because it has to do with pool and this forum is about pool.

:)

Trent from Toledo

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Diamond should buy Brunswick, that way they'd have a decent table to sell finally.

LSHLITGTSU

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Diamond should buy Brunswick, that way they'd have a decent table to sell finally.

LSHLITGTSU
I think I deciphered most of your message. Is "long" the second L?;)

And isn't bear baiting illegal in your state?

CropperCapture[373].png

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Translated

LSHLITGTSU

Translation : an easy table to play on. A group of us took a ride to a room that has nothing but Gold Crown 1's . The easiest way to describe their play was sloppy but I guess a lot of people prefer that.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Translation : an easy table to play on. A group of us took a ride to a room that has nothing but Gold Crown 1's . The easiest way to describe their play was sloppy but I guess a lot of people prefer that.
I think the goal was to make a table that beginners would not find too hard. I have heard one room owner actually say that was why all of his pockets were large. One pocket is certainly a different game on 5 1/4 vs. 4 1/4.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

All will be revealed soon my son

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I have a 10'er with ~ 4 1/8 to 4 1/4 corners.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the BlueLabel Diamonds. I wish they'd buy the rights to the Gold Crown and just s%*t-can the rest of the line. Only table Bruns. makes that's worth buying. Like to see it built 100% in the US again.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes

I love the BlueLabel Diamonds. I wish they'd buy the rights to the Gold Crown and just s%*t-can the rest of the line. Only table Bruns. makes that's worth buying. Like to see it built 100% in the US again.

I grew up like a lot of players on here with Anniversaries and Gold Crown 1's. I would love to see them tweaked a little and brought up in playability also and yes made here in the States.