How (not) to move a 7' Diamond table...

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
Those guys were real professionals. They even put the legs back on..not sure if i should laugh or cry.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The real question. Is it discounted now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda speechless! You have a good attitude about it all, probably much better than I would in that situation. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely file this one away and if ever faced with moving a Diamond I'll just call the professionals.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Shouldn’t be any different than a Valley Bar Box Move.

Strap a carpeted furniture dolly onto the side with two long ratchet straps.

Use a bottle jack to lift one end.
Remove the two end legs.
Lower the table down.
Lift the other end.
Remove those two legs.
Lower the table down.
Lift and flip the table up onto the strapped-on furniture dolly.
Roll it out of the room.

Sometimes the simple way, is the best way.

I guess it is the 1pc slate and the fact that it permits the table to be moved as a single piece...as opposed to 3pc slates' increased likelihood of becoming unjoined, when moved assembled?

Question for Diamond owners or folks who have moved them- what makes them more difficult to move than other tables?

What I mean is I have moved gold crowns, oldhausens, and valleys....all pretty much the same way. Remove slate, remove legs, get some buddies with carrying straps, move table, move slate, move legs....reassemble and level.

Diamond has people moving it for boatloads of money, special dolleys that cost a bunch, here we have special brackets engineered...Is there something different about the way they are put together that makes it more difficult to move them?

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Remove the two legs.
Lift the other end.
Remove those two legs.

Tilt it up onto the furniture dolly.
Roll it out of the room.

Best way to move a Diamond: The Diamond cart and $$$$.

I dont even understand the chain of events shown in the pictures. Not to mention how much time and effort all that took and the table is UPSIDE DOWN?? WTF???

Trent from Toledo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Those guys were real professionals. They even put the legs back on..not sure if i should laugh or cry.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums
They did, but managed to reverse them end for end.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No chance these schmucks were true rednecks. Because a true redneck may leave to go get more beer, but there’s no way they take a U-Haul back without getting the job done. Those guys were just good old fashion idiots.

The Southern Hemisphere does not refer to rednecks from the south...
...it refers to people south of the equator.....:smile-us-down:

pt.....a northern redneck

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Southern Hemisphere does not refer to rednecks from the south...
...it refers to people south of the equator.....:smile-us-down:

pt.....a northern redneck

I went to FSU, you can't expect me to have any reading comprehension. But I know rednecks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Remove the two legs.
Lift the other end.
Remove those two legs.

Roll it out of the room.

Did it ever occur to you that the sides of a Valley and a Diamond are completely different in design? When was the last time you seen a Valley with busted off rail skirts?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Remove the two legs.
Lift the other end.
Remove those two legs.

Roll it out of the room.

I move them all the time by myself, not a big deal if you know what you're doing.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond bar box weights 800#

To move it you unbolt the top rails / skirts off as a unit. The slate isn't bolted down so it comes off. You will need 4 guys to slide slate off a long side about 40
% and then let down on edge beside the box. Slate is about #600. Lift it using 2 moving lift straps. Not that hard.

We did it with a 9 foot Diamond. Same process,but a lot heavier slate.

You can't just flip the whole table on its side.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

To move it you unbolt the top rails / skirts off as a unit. The slate isn't bolted down so it comes off. You will need 4 guys to slide slate off a long side about 40
% and then let down on edge beside the box. Slate is about #600. Lift it using 2 moving lift straps. Not that hard.

Your weights are off 9ft 1" slate weight is 618lbs, 7ft is about 420lbs 1" thick. I flip them on their sides in a cart all the time.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member

Not sure why you did that. Diamond ProAms and barboxes are designed to be flipped on the side onto a special transport cart. I owned 2 Pro Ams and that is exactly what we did to move them. That is how Diamond installers move them.

Here is a video from Diamond on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI1m6GzapKE

These guys tried to rig their own cart.

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
But WikiHow says to do it this way!

Attachments

• F4EE2FBE-BC29-4307-935E-2BAAA5EC9107.jpeg
    F4EE2FBE-BC29-4307-935E-2BAAA5EC9107.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 440
  • F85FDB42-AADB-45B2-9473-F3D734521B83.jpeg
    F85FDB42-AADB-45B2-9473-F3D734521B83.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 44B031A8-D1D3-4A13-82C7-30EFFC1D4221.jpeg
    44B031A8-D1D3-4A13-82C7-30EFFC1D4221.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 432
  • D1233041-989B-45AA-A28B-0859A3BA9DE0.jpeg
    D1233041-989B-45AA-A28B-0859A3BA9DE0.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL UPDATE PART ONE

Loved all the funny one-liners. I was hoping someone would post funny lines and you guys didn't let me down! It really helped me through the traumatic experience.

Of course, a few comments I didn't quite understand but hey, these are the forums...

Thanks for piping up RKC. I don't know if you remember stopping by here to fix my foolish DIY attempts to level the table many years ago.

Sorry I'm not a better picture-taker...

So the table started upside down (see top of this thread). The mover, the new owner and an innocent bystander were here and helped finish the move.

First step is to remove two legs and tilt it back over to the upright position. Good thing the room was cleared out and large enough to spin it. It would have been a little more difficult otherwise.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Add the two legs back.
3.jpg

Putting custom cart in place - mover says it works for Diamond or Valley table...
4.jpg

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL UPDATE PART TWO

It took a couple of attempts, but the table is on the dolly!
5.jpg

The legs have been removed and placed inside the doors at the bottom. The dolly arms have been secured and it's a "go"! The mover decided to move it out through the garage through the back door rather than down the sidewalk through the front door...
6.jpg

The tiles in the kitchen / breakfast room are old and perhaps poorly installed, but the weight of the table on the small dolly wheels sure did a job on at least three of the tiles! The crunching sound hurt my ears! I figure I'll vacuum up the shreds and apply duct tape... (WD-40 not warranted here... :lmao:)
7.jpg

Table on the trailer! Next door neighbors were PISSED! that the alley was blocked, because it's probably at least two miles to back up and come around from the other side from here... And they were angry with ME of course...
8.jpg

Here's the empty room. No table. Ready for next stage in life! Lots of pool stuff will be coming up on ebay pretty soon!
9.jpg

BlackMDX

Registered
You were a helluva lot more tolerant of these guys than I would have been. They should reimburse you for the damage they’ve done!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL UPDATE PART TWO

Here's the empty room. No table. Ready for next stage in life! Lots of pool stuff will be coming up on ebay pretty soon!
View attachment 537385

Pool is great for all stages of life. Why are you giving up the pool life all at once? Don't sell all your equipment so fast--you might want to go down to the pool hall and hit a few sometime down the road.