Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookoo
Cookoo
not sure but Mosconi's family should sue the bca,charlie and john for trying show how a cow can jump over the Moon. Yer tax payers $ keeps my friend with Navy intell employed. If he says the tape is good - that would clarify any of my doubts. I would be happy to provide his name to proper chain of command - so we can getr done. Don't think teem schmit will be too interested in my offer though -as they are holding on to their tapo' with a cowardly white knuckle grip. they (powrs that b) would rather u go to their home theater smokey mirror medicine show - to think of viewing that is certainly an upchuck - hence lou's proverbial cow over the moon theory - very good Lou - that did give me a chuckle'. what else u got schmitt nuthuggers?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I think it's safe to say that I do have strong feelings on any possible fake news pertaining to 14.1. There was a fellow who asked me for a lesson in 14.1 locally here, I asked him what his motivation was regarding 14.1 and why he wanted to improve. He said he and his wife were purchasing a new home and planned on purchasing a 9' table and he wanted to learn Straight Pool - I was impressed - but then came time for the lesson 1st Thing he asked me was if I'd heard of this new record of 626:-0 from john schmidt (andy vollaria). I asked him where he heard this news (i had already read the yellow journalism here on az unfortunately)? His response was "well haven't you seen it - its all over facebook"? He ended up getting a bar table at his house, nice guy but painfully normal and I no longer give him pool lessons, I do wish him the best with his bar scenes and future intoxication for braking' news. :)

The night of the 626 record, you felt a slight sting. That's pride fugging with you. Fuk pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. - Marcellus Wallace

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The night of the 626 record, you felt a slight sting. That's pride fugging with you. Fuk pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. - Marcellus Wallace

So funny.

Why does he keep referring to Schmidt/ pseudonym?

Is he implying people who don't use their real names have something to hide?

So bizarre that he accuses/ condemns people of things that he also does.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ask again: does anyone know if the first 200 was recorded?

It’s something worldpro posted and I’m wondering if anyone can definitively say whether that is indeed so. Please hold the ironic, sarcastic, suppose to be funny responses.

Lou Figueroa
thank you
very much

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I ask again: does anyone know if the first 200 was recorded?

It’s something worldpro posted and I’m wondering if anyone can definitively say whether that is indeed so. Please hold the ironic, sarcastic, suppose to be funny responses.

Lou Figueroa
thank you
very much

He just made that up
Just like the "doctored table"
Just like this nda someone else made up

Several folks posted here that they seen it ask them
Ask bill marop

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why choose to ask people that have NOT seen it?
Its pure speculation
Your seeking the truth and admitting to choose to look anywhere but

Well, in the first place, this is where the discussion, a long one, has been taking place.

Second, as has been pointed out, people who have been to the viewings have posted in the thread.

Third, I have a lot of respect for worldpro. It should come as no surprise to anyone that he has many connections throughout the pool world and is a super high level player with deep knowledge and experience when it comes to all things 14.1. So, if he posted it, I’m willing to listen.

Fourth: cause I wanna. Get over it.

Lou Figueroa

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Im well equiped

Yer question is rhetorical and I noticed u said maybe - so that is yer subtle hint that u may not believe the claim either. My equipment is fine, it's not the arrow. I prefer news that u can trust and traditional maple shaft - asbani. My 351 is legit - guaranteed, I did not need the carbon fiber junk the last time I defeated handily on a pro spec diamond why would I need one now? Do u think the way he has marketed this so called run (hiding the tape) is or has been a success? If you do then yer entitled to yer opinion - as dim whited as it might b.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
me too

Well, in the first place, this is where the discussion, a long one, has been taking place.

Second, as has been pointed out, people who have been to the viewings have posted in the thread.

Third, I have a lot of respect for worldpro. It should come as no surprise to anyone that he has many connections throughout the pool world and is a super high level player with deep knowledge and experience when it comes to all things 14.1. So, if he posted it, I’m willing to listen.

Fourth: cause I wanna. Get over it.

Lou Figueroa

I would really like some clarity as well, he knows some yahoo at the bca (who probly can't spell Straight Pool) so that is his proof of announcing he has surpassed a 70 yr old celebrated sports history record. I really feel bad for this fake news generation, Trump is right bout 1 thing - do not trust the media - they have a political agenda that they would rather hide in the shadows. Mosconi's family should sue bca and who ever else is behind this hidden tape debacle for all they can. it's a new record cause some one at bca said so? political piggies will oink now and again while rolling in the mud - but the human kind do have to sweat a little when attempting to pull a move on the public. bca's credibility is worth about as much as a warm bucket spit to me but I guess since they have been 'doing business' since 1800's they are the gospel - what a joke. Oink on bca.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I would really like some clarity as well, he knows some yahoo at the bca (who probly can't spell Straight Pool) so that is his proof of announcing he has surpassed a 70 yr old celebrated sports history record. I really feel bad for this fake news generation, Trump is right bout 1 thing - do not trust the media - they have a political agenda that they would rather hide in the shadows. Mosconi's family should sue bca and who ever else is behind this hidden tape debacle for all they can. it's a new record cause some one at bca said so? political piggies will oink now and again while rolling in the mud - but the human kind do have to sweat a little when attempting to pull a move on the public. bca's credibility is worth about as much as a warm bucket spit to me but I guess since they have been 'doing business' since 1800's they are the gospel - what a joke. Oink on bca.

And lets us NOT forget the New World Record Holder, Mr. John Schmidt. But, you can just call him Mr. 626, he won't mind.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Maybe someone in this thread is proficient enough to just break the "new record" so the focus won't be on the context/information/evidence/reporting?

Personally, I'd rather see all of the effort spent trying to disprove John spent on trying to improve pool. But, that hope and $3 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

-td

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
u broke

Maybe someone in this thread is proficient enough to just break the "new record" so the focus won't be on the context/information/evidence/reporting?

Personally, I'd rather see all of the effort spent trying to disprove John spent on trying to improve pool. But, that hope and $3 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

-td

ur a broken record, change subject when in doubt - sorry no sell. Would u bet yer last dollar their tape is genuine, yer hope of sweeping hidden tape corruption under the rug and play like it's all good won't do?

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
ur a broken record, change subject when in doubt - sorry no sell. Would u bet yer last dollar their tape is genuine?
Wow. That's the pot calling the kettle black. How many of your posts are of the "broken record" variety?

I see your signature says you are one of the best - perhaps Mr. 626 is a little better? No?

Maybe you break a record so your name is at the top of the list...

-td [edit: I don't care if the tape is genuine.]

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of guys here whistling past the graveyard, lol.

Lou Figueroa
“...but at the length truth will out.”
William Shakespeare

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Stick to topic at hand

As I have stated before, I care not to view any 14.1 on 5" pockets and phony rigged conditions. So I myself am not interested in viewing the tape in it's entirety, however I would like to fact check their claim and or integrity of recording play time, so would the other 14.1 purists - but they choose to cowardly hide the evidence. So I am not interested in any social mediates giving me add vice' pertaining to my game as I have already run over schmitt on professional equip 400 to 255 for ten large (TAR) So if u believe their hidden tape is genuine or legit - u may state why. If yer like me and think it's a sham - u may state yer reason for that. If yer attempt is to give me suggestions about how to handle possible media corruption that may exist here - through my own practice sessions - it will fall on deaf ears. Also u will make yerself' look stupid as I am world class 14.1 player. As far as talking about integrity of Straight Pool runs - I have more longevity than any person ya'll have ever tried to correlate wit. Oh and word to bca and other coward fake news organizations this will probly not go away. Also I wish no ill will towards the bca or schmitt or anyone on his team, i just would like to see if the tape can pass the geek squad test.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of guys here whistling past the graveyard, lol.

Lou Figueroa
“...but at the length truth will out.”
William Shakespeare
What do you think "the truth" is exactly?

I think the tape should have been released on YouTube a long time ago and posted as such before any of the conspiracy theory talk started. But despite the small and fervent peanut gallery's consistent aspersions against the 626, there exists substantially more evidence that nothing untoward happened than there exists evidence that something nefarious did.

John had made super long runs of 400 plus multiple times over a period of years, with people watching on stream and in person. In the immediate run-up to 626 he came closer and closer over time, including a run stopped by the bizarre Ghost of Willie shot at 434. Bob Jewett and others went through the probabilities in the weeks before the 626 and came to the conclusion that it was only a matter of time that Schmidt would reach 527 given his performances leading up to the run. Afterward, people have watched the run at screening events. The BCA watched the run and signed off.

On the other side, there is no evidence, only suggestions and speculation. The best argument, which is in reality a political argument, is that "we haven't seen the tape." That's not actually evidence that there is something wrong with the run - it's simply the absence of a piece of positive evidence. Anyone paying attention would realize that John holding the tape while he tries to figure out a way to make money off of it is not evidence of the run being false. It's evidence of him wanting to make money. Everything else is just speculation.

But hey, if being a contrarian makes you happy then contrary away. Schmidt probably loves it that he has a small group of people keeping his name on the forum and keeping 626 in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.