Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
You know Cus D’Amano started hypnotizing Tyson in his teens. Telling him he didn’t exist, only the task at hand, you’re a f’n monster, kill kill kill lol. The whole thing was like a perfect storm. Mike was all messed up from his early years, a genetic freak, and he ran into a world class trainer that knew he only had a few years left to live and he wanted to create this heavy weight killing machine before he went.

And to get so famous so quick and have people wanting to touch you like some kind of god. Women falling underneath you, able to destroy almost anyone on the planet with a punch or two, sleazy people crowding around trying to pick off you. It’s craziness and no wonder he lost his sh!t for a little while:)

he’s doing alright now though. Check out the Tyson Ranch and get your smoke on.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tyson

You know Cus D’Amano started hypnotizing Tyson in his teens. Telling him he didn’t exist, only the task at hand, you’re a f’n monster, kill kill kill lol. The whole thing was like a perfect storm. Mike was all messed up from his early years, a genetic freak, and he ran into a world class trainer that knew he only had a few years left to live and he wanted to create this heavy weight killing machine before he went.

And to get so famous so quick and have people wanting to touch you like some kind of god. Women falling underneath you, able to destroy almost anyone on the planet with a punch or two, sleazy people crowding around trying to pick off you. It’s craziness and no wonder he lost his sh!t for a little while:)

he’s doing alright now though. Check out the Tyson Ranch and get your smoke on.

Cus was Tyson's father figure. When he died Tyson lost direction. Also, from a personal standpoint he had the bad luck to have weak competition. Had he been in the era of Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, he probably would have been tested far more severely and would have probably stayed grounded. Way too many walkovers while still a kid and no father ruined him I believe. Foreman was more the brainwashed one. Losing destroyed him for awhile. We will never know if he was doped or his trainer otherwise sold him out. After the fight his trainer told him he had to, he had to. Never a clear explanation that I know of. I have daydreamed many a time what it would have been like if Tyson and Frazier in his prime had met, an awesome pair of "little men" in the heavyweight division.

To get things back on topic, how many seconds would glen last in the ring with any of the above?

Hu

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Mike Tyson is currently touring, doing a performance called 'Undisputed Truth II'. I went to see this performance, this past Saturday. It was excellent. He's funny, inspirational, and quite the story teller. If you get the chance, check it out.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Tyson is currently touring, doing a performance called 'Undisputed Truth II'. I went to see this performance, this past Saturday. It was excellent. He's funny, inspirational, and quite the story teller. If you get the chance, check it out.

Mike is not educated but far from dumb-There are a couple of pages on the net devoted to Mike Tyson's quotes. Read them and you will see though my favorite isn't among those on the net. A female holy roller reporter during a press conference suggested he should quit boxing and turn to Jesus for help. He told her "Quit your job and see if Jesus will help you."

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the day there was a really top-notch high performance car mechanic in my area. He was very good at what he did but communication and being on-time really meant nothing to him. He got away with it for a couple yrs but people finally had enough and went elsewhere. He folded up soon after. Same with this guy. People, working on a pool table isn't black-magic. There are other tech's who can/will do the work in a timely manner. On top of that he seems to be abrasive as hell. Why bother? Go somewhere else.

I used to be into hot rods and ran into this a lot. One of the locals who was a "savant" head porter/machinist stalled me out for about a year and then disappeared over a weekend leaving only some furniture and a few heavy work tables and a drill press. Took mine and several other peoples parts with him too. The landlord of the building told me and some others the guy was always a few months behind on rent but managed to pay "something" every month so he let it slide.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to be into hot rods and ran into this a lot. One of the locals who was a "savant" head porter/machinist stalled me out for about a year and then disappeared over a weekend leaving only some furniture and a few heavy work tables and a drill press. Took mine and several other peoples parts with him too. The landlord of the building told me and some others the guy was always a few months behind on rent but managed to pay "something" every month so he let it slide.
Sounds almost exactly like the guy i'm talking about. Apparently they're everywhere.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I'v only been on here a few years, is this like the first thread made where something like this happened?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds almost exactly like the guy i'm talking about. Apparently they're everywhere.

LOL could be the same guy! This was in Austin Texas around 2000.

There is another nationally known guy based out of Texas that really took advantage of a bunch of Corvette and Viper people a few years back. He was basically running a Ponzi scheme with parts. He is "legit" now apparently ..even been on Leno's car show.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL could be the same guy! This was in Austin Texas around 2000.

There is another nationally known guy based out of Texas that really took advantage of a bunch of Corvette and Viper people a few years back. He was basically running a Ponzi scheme with parts. He is "legit" now apparently ..even been on Leno's car show.
Wasn't Hennessey was it? Heard a few stories but they're still open.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't Hennessey was it? Never heard of them being illegit.

Yes. If you do some digging he had a crappy rep for a while there. Seems to be ok now maybe. One of my viper buddies sent a car there from Austin for HP upgrades and when he popped by to see how things were going he was denied access to the shop so he called the police. They made the employees show my buddy his car and a bunch of stock parts that had noting to do with the upgrade were gone...doors, hood,wheels and trunk..wtf! The icing on the cake was no performance work had been done! He decided not to press charges as long as they gave him the car right then as it sat. A local Sealy wrecker guy drove it back to Austin for a fast cash payment. Took a bunch of money to get the car back to normal too.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. If you do some digging he had a crappy rep for a while there. Seems to be ok now maybe. One of my viper buddies sent a car there from Austin for HP upgrades and when he popped by to see how things were going he was denied access to the shop so he called the police. They made the employees show my buddy his car and a bunch of stock parts that had noting to do with the upgrade were gone...doors, hood,wheels and trunk..wtf! The icing on the cake was no performance work had been done! He decided not to press charges as long as they gave him the car right then as it sat. Took a bunch of money to get the car back to normal.
Wow. That is brutal. Looks like he may have totally revamped his business. Well, they do things bigger in Texas. ;)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
just a discolored spot on the ground

Beating a dead mule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The subject has been beaten until there isn't even a mule anymore, just a discolored spot on the ground! However, this is when the funny and off topic posts appear which are often far more entertaining than the original subject!

Just ping on glen once in awhile so he knows he isn't totally forgotten. As threads go, this one should have gone a long time ago but what tha hell!

Hu

johnnyaims

Registered
Jerimy Chambers finished my new GC rails this last weekend and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, Friday!!! I'm stoked, pictures to come soon...