The Young Guns Match-Up

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nevermind. :) Day two, 1st session.

Yeah that just ended 20/30 min ago or so about 90 min later than yesterday's first session afterwards a TWO hour break-Im thinking they will shorten that today but i dont really know that.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I clicked the bell to be notified. It rang, but I can't find a live link. Their page sux.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler with his big break closed out strong 14-2.

Tyler 66-60.

If Bergman can break like Tyler his fargo would be 710++.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tyler with his big break closed out strong 14-2.

Tyler 66-60.

If Bergman can break like Tyler his fargo would be 710++.

14-3 -- from 52-57 to 66-60, including the last 9 in a row.

[maybe you mean 810++ for Bergman if he had Tyler's break]

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really appreciate everything Ra does for pool but he’s needs to step out of the booth every once and awhile. His non stop style is a little much for a race to 100. Better to have Sal and someone else knowledgeable calling the games and him pop in every so often to promote.

I disagree. It's not easy to maintain such a high level of energy throughout a long match like this and Ra does it, and he does it well imo. If you really listen to what he has to say, it becomes clear that Ra is no dummy about pool. He knows what's going on out there on the table and often makes good observations that add to the commentary. I think he and Sal make a good team and are doing a terrific job of calling this match. JMHO as always. :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm happy to see Ra Hanna and Sal stepping out there and putting on this match. It's a very interesting match-up with two of the top young players in the country. The camera work is excellent and the production qualities are damn good for a first time effort. Ra is a man that is up to something in the pool world and you're going to hear a lot more from him in the future. You can bet on that!

People are constantly complaining about the state of pool and when someone comes along that is up to changing that he gets knocked on here. I say we applaud this man and support him by watching his shows and donating to his broadcast. Just so you know, I have zero stake in his endeavors, other than supporting his success!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm happy to see Ra Hanna and Sal stepping out there and putting on this match. It's a very interesting match-up with two of the top young players in the country. The camera work is excellent and the production qualities are damn good for a first time effort. Ra is a man that is up to something in the pool world and you're going to hear a lot more from him in the future. You can bet on that!

People are constantly complaining about the state of pool and when someone comes along that is up to changing that he gets knocked on here. I say we applaud this man and support him by watching his shows and donating to his broadcast. Just so you know, I have zero stake in his endeavors, other than supporting his success!
Agree. Great stream with two young U.S. sharpshooters.

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. It's not easy to maintain such a high level of energy throughout a long match like this and Ra does it, and he does it well imo. If you really listen to what he has to say, it becomes clear that Ra is no dummy about pool. He knows what's going on out there on the table and often makes good observations that add to the commentary. I think he and Sal make a good team and are doing a terrific job of calling this match. JMHO as always. :)

I agree Jay, I think Sal and Ra are doing a great job. That being said, I wonder if they could get someone else to jump in the booth every once in a while if for no other reason than to change it up a bit because of how long the race is? The person doesn't even have to actually be there. I've watched some recent videos where Railbirds TV had Skyler commentate remotely on some matches Maybe Ra can get Jeremy Jones, or another pro, to step in sometimes. Someone to commentate that is firmly in Tyler's camp along with someone on Chris's side might be interesting as well, as long as they're both knowledgable. It might draw a little more interest as well as a different view.

Scrunge19

Registered
It's possible to be a good promoter and a not so good commentator. You're correct that the production value has been very good, but I'll agree to disagree on Ra's commentary. He spends way too much time talking to/about the chat room and shouting out his friends. To blow smoke and say that he's doing everything perfect is to rob him of constructive criticism needed to improve his commentating.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
It's possible to be a good promoter and a not so good commentator. You're correct that the production value has been very good, but I'll agree to disagree on Ra's commentary. He spends way too much time talking to/about the chat room and shouting out his friends. To blow smoke and say that he's doing everything perfect is to rob him of constructive criticism needed to improve his commentating.
I think Sal does it perfect. Ra is a little chattier than needs to be for my liking but maybe that's better for the younger crew. You can't fault the camera work, lighting and production value. Great setup. For those who didn't think Tyler was a good Mosconi pick...go watch the last 10 racks. If both could improve their safety/kicking/tactical portion of their games they would be Top tier but this is a common issue with most of the younger players. It was true of a 21 year old SVB. When he would get into ticky-tacky safety play he would look uncomfortable. The only players who seemed good at that was Alex P and Corey. They fell out of their Mom's being able to execute those things.