From his Twitter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720-195037.jpg
    Screenshot_20200720-195037.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 796

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meh...he only won a record seven World Snooker Championships.

Look forward to his insightful commentary at the upcoming Crucible. Nothing like a former pro commenting on the different style of players.

Fun instructional video. No messing around. No selling anything. Just fast moving nitty gritty ‘stuff’. Best part is last third is from Crucible in Sheffield.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0bTfvGCW4A&t=1455s

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could do one more, if I can line em up. ga-ron-teed.

(what is a 'lineup'?)

He might be talking about the practice game were you line up balls from the foot spot down the string and pocket the bottom ball playing position for the next bottom ball.

A drill like that would make sense in snooker.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's a "line up" snooker drill? Here you go:

CropperCapture[607].jpg

Played like regular snooker: red, color, red, color, .... colors in order. 36 consecutive shots if you do it right. Hendry did 10 of those in a row. 360 consecutive shots.

I imagine he was doing three balls per minute on average, so it would have taken two hours.

Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 553249

Played like regular snooker: red, color, red, color, .... colors in order. 36 consecutive shots if you do it right. Hendry did 10 of those in a row. 360 consecutive shots.

I imagine he was doing three balls per minute on average, so it would have taken two hours.

Lol there might not be a single AZBer that could do it once and he did 10 in a row?

The cueing of guys like Hendry and Ronnie is just insane

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

View attachment 553249

Pretty wild and very impressive.

Is this a documented all time high for just him, or is this the high for just in general?

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty wild and very impressive.

Is this a documented all time high for just him, or is this the high for just in general?

Part of his practice routine. There's more discussion about it after what I screen shotted.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice routine
Normal day at the office
360 balls in a row
Sorry, on the bounce
He did it all the time
Maybe every day i don’t know
Watch his cue stick you can see it

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lol there might not be a single AZBer that could do it once and he did 10 in a row?

Most pros are better than even money at the English line-up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah...I can't do that.

:grin-square:

View attachment 553249

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice routine
Normal day at the office
360 balls in a row
Sorry, on the bounce
He did it all the time
Maybe every day i don’t know
Watch his cue stick you can see it

his cue stick famously got smashed to pieces by thai airways

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

On a 6 X 12 table I wouldn't be surprised if nobody on AZ could do this complete drill one time.

I've personally played a lot of snooker on the big table and the idea of completing this drill 10 times blows my mind.

I have an easier time believing a chicken wire/ flex seal motor boat.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a 6 X 12 table I wouldn't be surprised if nobody on AZ could do this complete drill one time.

I've personally played a lot of snooker on the big table and the idea of completing this drill 10 times blows my mind.

I have an easier time believing a chicken wire/ flex seal motor boat.

It really isn't super hard... I've done it many times. No 147s... I'm not going red-black, etc. Mostly blues and pinks and a bulk colour when you get out of shape. They reds below the black are the hardest and I would start with the lowest with bih.

ArizonaBill

Registered
Doing it ten times in a row without missing a single ball is very difficult for anyone even a pro. Stephen did this on a regular basis. I think the most line ups I've ever done in a row was 3 and I only did it once in my life.