Breaking News: Lawyers, Loopholes, Covid 19 & Room Owners

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I find it interesting that Canada is not having the problems that the USA is and they are on the same continent. There are 8 other countries that have almost no deaths and few cases, but here there's all this madness about individual rights, vaccines and the importance of the economy?

These other places don't have a vaccine or a pharmacological solution and they are doing just fine, there is a reason.

Vietnam is the big winner here....still a death rate of zero...most of their cases are due to
returning citizens.
And their population is about 97 million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/viet-nam/

The stats on Canada are deceiving in comparison to the USA...we have about the population
of California spread out in the second biggest country in the world...area wise.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A couple more things: 45-48,000 deaths were in nursing home/care facilities. Almost all were blamed on covid. Really?? Lastly, about 97% of 'reported'(did they actually have it?/) covid related deaths in US are people over 60 w/ pre-existing conditions. Like i said earlier, the number of US deaths DIRECTLY related to covid is WAAAY less than the numbers that the 'scare me-dia" puts out every day.

In Canada, estimated over 80% of COVID deaths were in nursing homes...
...a little creative reporting, methinks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vietnam is the big winner here....still a death rate of zero...most of their cases are due to
returning citizens.
And their population is about 97 million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/viet-nam/

The stats on Canada are deceiving in comparison to the USA...we have about the population
of California spread out in the second biggest country in the world...area wise.
Yeah right. That Vietnam number is really reliable. Please.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you guys see the Philippines death numbers? They are almost nothing. Or the Puerto Rico numbers, also almost nothing. Or the Greece numbers (My parents are from Greece), almost nothing.

I don't believe any of the numbers I read. In Greece and in the Philippines and in Puerto Rico, people live on top of each other, and the countries/territories are pretty freaking poor. Yet they are doing like 100x better than the USA? Come on. None of these number make sense.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you guys see the Philippines death numbers? They are almost nothing. Or the Puerto Rico numbers, also almost nothing. Or the Greece numbers (My parents are from Greece), almost nothing.

I don't believe any of the numbers I read. In Greece and in the Philippines and in Puerto Rico, people live on top of each other, and the countries/territories are pretty freaking poor. Yet they are doing like 100x better than the USA? Come on. None of these number make sense.
Puerto Rico and Greece are two of the most corrupt, broke-dick countries on earth. Wouldn't believe either one if they told me water was wet.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
So, does anyone know what pool halls and pool tournaments are doing in other countries? Life as usual or shut down or somewhere in between?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The United States is 4% of the world’s population but accounts for 26% of the total COVID-19 infections.
And with certainty, the body count will continue since the U.S. also accounts for 23% of the total deaths.

It took 99 days to reach a 1,000,000 infections from the first case in the U.S.......99 days to reach a million.
Then it took another 43 days before we reached 2,000,000 infections. That’s half the time to double in #.
After that, it only took less than 1 month, 28 days to be exact, to reach 3,000,000 infections, another mil.
Well, we cut that almost in half to 15 days before we reached the 4,000,000 infections plateau...Yahoo.

Anyone wanna start a pool on what the numbers will be for infections and deaths by Labor Day,
Halloween, Election Day....how about by 1/1/21? Time to face the truth as a nation, we’ve failed.
Until there’s stringent social distancing mandated nationally, the virus will win & time is running out.

The failure is moving people into overpopulated cities where this spreads easily.....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Puerto Rico and Greece are two of the most corrupt, broke-dick countries on earth. Wouldn't believe either one if they told me water was wet.

Right. Philippines probably the worst of the three. So when people point to country xyz and say its great there because the number are so low, and horrible here because the number are so high, well then either the numbers are true and there really is a difference in policy/personal behaviour, or the number are fake on one or both sides.

I'm voting the numbers are fake by miles.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the kind of statement put out by political organizations and conservative bloggers as propaganda and feeds well into the conspiracy theories some people seem to prefer over science when facts don't seem very appealing.

Here's an article by Scientific American. The CDC also has strict guidelines on cause of death. I'm not putting this out there to argue with you, but I feel compelled to present another opinion because some people may take your statement as fact when it's not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/

Over 4 months we are at just double a bad flu year for deaths. If they had properly safeguarded nursing homes and shopped for the elderly you'd see 40% less deaths.

This is being continued fir political reasons now. There is no evidence closing stores saves anyone.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Over 4 months we are at just double a bad flu year for deaths. If they had properly safeguarded nursing homes and shopped for the elderly you'd see 40% less deaths.

This is being continued fir political reasons now. There is no evidence closing stores saves anyone.

Sorry, I usually respect your opinions but a bad flu year is 50k deaths. We are 5 months into this, half a year, and we have nearly 3 times that. Last year was 80K flu deaths - but that was a 40 year record. The "bad flu" description people were juggling went out the window after New York but the reasoning that caused it now plagues many other states. The complications from this virus are also a lot worse than the flu. Quite a few people have lung tissue damage that may not ever go away.

I do agree that closing stores is a dumb kneejerk reaction to problems stemming from other issues. The states are struggling to fight the real problems. In CA, the outbreak is now among younger people. family gatherings, and social interaction. Farm workers are also a major contributor (housing and communal dining). Yet we close barbershops and restaurants.

Making this thing political, the conspiracy propaganda and finger pointing has contributed to our downfall. America is powerful and rich. We are spending billions on a cure. We will be the leader getting the world out of this mess regardless of political squabbling.

Last edited:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If everybody had applied social distancing and mask wearing from the beginning of re-opening, 70% of the death toll would still be alive.

The virus started this, the people unwilling to social distance and protect themselves and others are allowing to to continue.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That's the kind of statement put out by political organizations and conservative bloggers as propaganda and feeds well into the conspiracy theories some people seem to prefer over science when facts don't seem very appealing.

Here's an article by Scientific American. The CDC also has strict guidelines on cause of death. I'm not putting this out there to argue with you, but I feel compelled to present another opinion because some people may take your statement as fact when it's not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/

The failure is moving people into overpopulated cities where this spreads easily.....
Big factor to me...antifa, BLM, protests, riots and looting.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This thread is a good example of why you can’t have even a pool forum without politics.
.....this is very pertinent to our pool world.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This thread is a good example of why you can’t have even a pool forum without politics.

By the way, I am not in favor of states opening and closing businesses like that without cause, for example: that business has specifically violated rules or had employees test positive for active infections. We still have a long way to go in this epidemic. The rules for closing businesses need to be reviewed.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If everybody had applied social distancing and mask wearing from the beginning of re-opening, 70% of the death toll would still be alive.

The virus started this, the people unwilling to social distance and protect themselves and others are allowing to to continue.

I think there is a lot to this. In my area there was plenty of video coming out from bars,parks and other social gatherings and masks were not in use and folks where hanging out right on top of each other.

Big factor to me...antifa, BLM, protests, riots and looting.

Oh now you have done it lol!:D

I agree. Almost no news story/commentator seems to mention the impact of the protests as well. There where huge nation wide daily gatherings for a few weeks. There were masks in use but plenty of non masked folks screaming and yelling for hours. That has to be a factor too.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
An update to my orig post:

The State of CT has backed off and is allowing our pool rooms to remain open with the current distancing and sanitizing protocols.

Currently CT is doing really well with .6 % positive covid testing.

stay safe everyone!

best,
brian kc

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

The State of CT has backed off and is allowing our pool rooms to remain open with the current distancing and sanitizing protocols.

stay safe everyone!

best,
brian kc

Wow and you were able to do that without even tossing a single molotov cocktail. Great job conserving gasoline!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

stay safe everyone!

best,
brian kc

Awesome!!! Good Pool Player during game behavior is basically "social distancing" anyway.

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

It seems like the more people think this is a conspiracy the more likely they are getting sick and dying. I mean, why would people listen to someone who spent their whole life learning and understanding science when we have Bill from the Internet? That guys knows the REAL truth.

As far as pool, I would never listen to an instructor or a pro player. They don't anything compared to a politician. Obviously those guys know way more, right.

Back in reality, the very simple fact that the infection and death rate were low was that we were distanced. Businesses were closed. Now they are opening and safely wrapped in a conspiracy theory people are killing themselves off because they just don't understand statistics. Everything is a conspiracy because the internet said so.

The more people have been exposed to knowledge, the dumber they have gotten.