SOFT Tip thats stays soft

Peter750

Hi all,

I'm searching for long time a tip which plays soft and STAYS soft, have now ZAN soft but after some weeks it is totally changed hardness from perfect playing soft to hard with high sound and glazing with therible high sound when contacting the ball.

I don't care for single or multipe layer but important the soft feeling and stays soft instead of hardening up after playing.

So any good suggestions to try?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my understanding is all soft tips will compact over time changing their softness

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm searching for long time a tip which plays soft and STAYS soft, have now ZAN soft but after some weeks it is totally changed hardness from perfect playing soft to hard with high sound and glazing with therible high sound when contacting the ball.

I don't care for single or multipe layer but important the soft feeling and stays soft instead of hardening up after playing.

Ultraskin makes a Pro Soft(61hardness)which is really soft. Even it firmed up some it would still be pretty soft. Most layered softs usually do firm up a bit, some just do it more than others. Tried an Elkmaster?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my understanding is all soft tips will compact over time changing their softness

This. It's just the nature and characteristic of leather, whether layered or one piece. All "soft" tips will eventually, and rather quickly, compact to a medium density. You just have to find one that plays the way you prefer. I use a Kamui tan soft - not the clear base - on my CF shafts and am very pleased with it's performance. YMMV

Peter750

Hardening i can understand but was expecting (with the zan soft) not in 2-3 weeks a 100% different feeling, all kamui same period befor ethe go drom soft to hard?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hardening i can understand but was expecting (with the zan soft) not in 2-3 weeks a 100% different feeling, all kamui same period befor ethe go drom soft to hard?

It depends on how much you play, how often, style.....but, yeah.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

Have you tried the Tech No dud by Outsville Billiards. I find it feels soft and holds it's shape well. Make sure to tell your installer to use a carbon edged blade and dampen the sides of the tip before trimming to cut down on heat.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a Pro soft(61.8 Durom.) Ultraskin. They are reallly soft and if it firms up it will still be pretty soft.

Hoogaar

Registered
Also interested in this. I've been using a Kamui super soft for 4-5 years and whenever I've had a brand new one installed, I love it...for a while.

I recently got a new cue with a medium layered tip, and honestly it doesn't feel any harder than my 6 month old Kamui SS.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I would recommend a genuine G2 soft. Fantastic tip. "Amazing grip." 😎

Reactions: bbb

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Im no shortstop, but have had good luck with the Predator Victory Soft. Of course after whacking some around it mushrooms, you trim it and go from there, but it maintains feel pretty well. I've previously used Kamui, Elkmaster, Longasi, Tiger Sniper, etc...the gamut of tips and I'm liking the Victory out of all of them. And they last longer than others I've tried. Even the medium Victory is pretty nice.