SOFT Tip thats stays soft

Peter750

Hi all,

I'm searching for long time a tip which plays soft and STAYS soft, have now ZAN soft but after some weeks it is totally changed hardness from perfect playing soft to hard with high sound and glazing with therible high sound when contacting the ball.

I don't care for single or multipe layer but important the soft feeling and stays soft instead of hardening up after playing.

So any good suggestions to try?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my understanding is all soft tips will compact over time changing their softness

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm searching for long time a tip which plays soft and STAYS soft, have now ZAN soft but after some weeks it is totally changed hardness from perfect playing soft to hard with high sound and glazing with therible high sound when contacting the ball.

I don't care for single or multipe layer but important the soft feeling and stays soft instead of hardening up after playing.

So any good suggestions to try?
Ultraskin makes a Pro Soft(61hardness)which is really soft. Even it firmed up some it would still be pretty soft. Most layered softs usually do firm up a bit, some just do it more than others. Tried an Elkmaster?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my understanding is all soft tips will compact over time changing their softness

This. It's just the nature and characteristic of leather, whether layered or one piece. All "soft" tips will eventually, and rather quickly, compact to a medium density. You just have to find one that plays the way you prefer. I use a Kamui tan soft - not the clear base - on my CF shafts and am very pleased with it's performance. YMMV

Peter750

Hardening i can understand but was expecting (with the zan soft) not in 2-3 weeks a 100% different feeling, all kamui same period befor ethe go drom soft to hard?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hardening i can understand but was expecting (with the zan soft) not in 2-3 weeks a 100% different feeling, all kamui same period befor ethe go drom soft to hard?

It depends on how much you play, how often, style.....but, yeah.