626 is it legit?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think if a record is made like that one , It wouldn’t be without witnesses or a referee and not made in a personal space . Wow that’s a huge number !

Mosconi’s record took place during a 14.1 exhibition match. Having defeated his opponent, Mosconi kept shooting until he reached 526. Schmidt’s record took place during an intentional attempt to break Mosconi’s record. After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Leonardo Dicaprio Bravo GIF

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might just as well, shut this pee-branch down, too.
The rest have been shot so full of holes, they won’t hold air/water.
Doesn’t require much effort.
Did you bring any proof?
Mosconi’s record took place during a 14.1 exhibition match. Having defeated his opponent, Mosconi kept shooting until he reached 526. Schmidt’s record took place during an intentional attempt to break Mosconi’s record. After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Echoes, echoes, I say.
There seems to be a sound problem here with ECHOES, I say.
Must be a bad connection or worse, a pest.

Pest? Yes, let's go with that.

Let's see, you have 590 posts. I have lots of time on my hands so I looked at them all.

588 of your 590 posts (99.66%) are about JS626.

That is beyond weird.

You either want to poke him in the butt or you have a hairy sense of envy/jealousy.

Which is it?

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pest? Yes, let's go with that.

Let's see, you have 590 posts. I have lots of time on my hands so I looked at them all.

588 of your 590 posts (99.66%) are about JS626.

That is beyond weird.

You either want to poke him in the butt or you have a hairy sense of envy/jealousy.

Which is it?
Hello "haystj"!

In the rump or envious/jealous. Interesting observation. Very interesting indeed, haystj.

By the way, is that your picture in the avatarD you use? I am guessing you are about 60, is that close?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello "haystj"!

In the rump or envious/jealous. Interesting observation. Very interesting indeed, haystj.

By the way, is that your picture in the avatarD you use? I am guessing you are about 60, is that close?
What do you find interesting about that statement DoubleCross?

That be me, and I am a fair bit south of 60- so I would say not close.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COPYKAT_49
left out on a rock in Sixty-one.
nobody keeps score

See! I told you that you weren’t done with me Uno.

Without people like me there’s no need for secondary accounts like yours.

We need each other my friend!

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong
saw
contact azb housepro
it is not i
need(covered)
looonnnggg way from friend
I won’t be contacting any mod.

I like you being here.

You’re a funny guy.
You make me laugh.
You amuse me.

Please don’t turn the other cheek now.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi’s record took place during a 14.1 exhibition match. Having defeated his opponent, Mosconi kept shooting until he reached 526. Schmidt’s record took place during an intentional attempt to break Mosconi’s record. After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record.

The more I think about it, the less likely I believe it is that two guys at the BCA -- who are not dyed-in-the wool 14.1 players -- gave whatever they saw a through once over.

As I've said before, for a run that long, it'd be like asking someone who was not a serious 1pocket player to watch an extended end game. Like maybe fours hours worth.

Lou Figueroa
not happening

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more I think about it, the less likely I believe it is that two guys at the BCA -- who are not dyed-in-the wool 14.1 players -- gave whatever they saw a through once over.

As I've said before, for a run that long, it'd be like asking someone who was not a serious 1pocket player to watch an extended end game. Like maybe fours hours worth.

Lou Figueroa
not happening

Well, here is the thing. I am not a biased, unreasonable person like some ( and when I say some I mean 2 that is most likely 1 acting as 2 ) that doesn't see the potentially valid point you are bringing up.

Why would the "governing body" compromise their reputation by not making sure the run was valid? EVERYBODY knows there isn't a financial windfall if the run was totally legit. So no upside for the BCA, but the downside to certifying the run when it wasn't legit is HUGE.

Why would JS put this out if the run wasn't legit? Can you imagine what would happen to his life if this wasn't legit? He has spent countless hours playing pool and it would basically take all of it away.

He wants to put it out and hopefully monetize it to the maximum extent possible. He is being careful about this, and rightfully so because as you have seen on here some folks won't believe it no matter what and openly proclaim a "deep state" cover up. 🙄

At the end of the day, the "I don't believe folks" only have one leg to stand on,,, and that is they haven't seen the complete tape themselves.

There are many logical supportive reasons on the other side why the run of 626 is legit.

So: Many reasons (he did it) vs. one reason (he didn't do it).

I'll go with the many.

* Disclaimer: I think if we could put anyone alive today in a time machine to play Willie in his prime, it would be no contest. Willie destroys everyone alive today at 14.1. So I'm not comparing the 2 against each other. Willie was just more focused on winning championships rather than high runs.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, here is the thing. I am not a biased, unreasonable person like some ( and when I say some I mean 2 that is most likely 1 acting as 2 ) that doesn't see the potentially valid point you are bringing up.

Why would the "governing body" compromise their reputation by not making sure the run was valid? EVERYBODY knows there isn't a financial windfall if the run was totally legit. So no upside for the BCA, but the downside to certifying the run when it wasn't legit is HUGE.

Why would JS put this out if the run wasn't legit? Can you imagine what would happen to his life if this wasn't legit? He has spent countless hours playing pool and it would basically take all of it away.

He wants to put it out and hopefully monetize it to the maximum extent possible. He is being careful about this, and rightfully so because as you have seen on here some folks won't believe it no matter what and openly proclaim a "deep state" cover up. 🙄

At the end of the day, the "I don't believe folks" only have one leg to stand on,,, and that is they haven't seen the complete tape themselves.

There are many logical supportive reasons on the other side why the run of 626 is legit.

So: Many reasons (he did it) vs. one reason (he didn't do it).

I'll go with the many.

* Disclaimer: I think if we could put anyone alive today in a time machine to play Willie in his prime, it would be no contest. Willie destroys everyone alive today at 14.1. So I'm not comparing the 2 against each other. Willie was just more focused on winning championships rather than high runs.

Not everyone is pure as the driven snow and not everyone executes their duties with all due diligence.

JS has not called fouls on himself in previous run attempts. DH has made other charges against him, from first hand experience, of less than gentlemanly conduct. And, given the current state of the BCA and the unknown14.1 credentials of the two guys there who watched the video, who knows if they carefully watched it or just pulled out a rubber stamp. Did they, as during the public showings, pay more attention to their cheese whiz nachos and drinks, as the video played at double-speed, or did they carefully watch every shot? At this point I feel the latter is more likely than the former and that's one of the reasons I remain with questions.

All I know is that I would need a looooong time to *carefully* watch a 600+ ball run with my full undivided attention before I gave it my blessing.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liars/cheats/thieves, birds of a feather stick together.
You started this post with an outright lie. Here is the thing, no well, needed. You and many of the other js??? posters have constantly posted your lies, biases, and serious innuendos about Danny Harriman and I, xradarx, are one and the same individual posting here as two different members. You and those same posters have professed to issue strange doctoral advice that these two that y’all claim are schizophrenic and need to seek mental health help.
I call BULLSHIT on all your’s and their posts that refer to either of us as being anyone other than who we represent ourselves to be.
I have and still suggest that y’all contact AzBhousepro, and report either of us who you claim are one user posting as two, or stop with the BULLSHIT accusations, and move on!
Signature not necessary on this post either, UNO
Well this is certainly a rare post for you as one could make the argument it’s not directed at the JS626 run.

On the other hand Charlie, you really should take it easy it sounds like you’re getting yourself worked up.

I won’t be contacting the mods and filing a hurt feelings report, I’m not a snowflake and I can pretty much handle anything that I read on these boards.

Additionally, it doesn’t take someone with a high degree of intelligence to login on one account using their home network and another account using their cell phone via a 4G network.

ou often times represent yourself around here as someone who is of the age of the greatest generation.

I would think the least you could do is try to act like it.

Thanks Uno.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You're killing me Smalls.

One of the best lessons I learned in the military was the day I reported to a three-star at the Pentagon for a job interview.

We talked for awhile and then he said, “Major, the one thing I expect from you is to tell me when I’m full of shit and about to march off a cliff — are your balls big enough to do that?”

I managed to squeak out a relatively confident, “Yes, Sir. I’ve got your back.”

After a pause he said, “Figueroa, I don’t ever want you to swallow everything I say just because of what I wear on my shoulders.”

And I said, “Got it, General.” And we did good together for two years with congressmen, the media, and the public on USAF personnel issues,

So when I hear that I should believe something because two guys at the BCA said so, I think back... and kinda laugh.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best lessons I learned in the military was the day I reported to a three-star at the Pentagon for a job interview.

We talked for awhile and then he said, “Major, the one thing I expect from you is to tell me when I’m full of shit and about to march off a cliff — are your balls big enough to do that?”

I managed to squeak out a realitivrly confident, “Yes, Sir. I’ve got your back.”

After a pause he said, “Figueroa, I don’t ever want you to swallow everything I say just because of what I wear on my shoulders.”

And I said, “Got it, General.” And we did good together for two years with congressmen, the media, and the public on USAF personnel issues,

So when I hear that I should believe something because two guys at the BCA said so, I think back... and kinda laugh.

Lou Figueroa
Small possibility you don’t understand what I’m laughing at- hint- it wasn’t you questioning the BCA.
Maybe I’m the one missing it but at least I’m laughing

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Not everyone is pure as the driven snow and not everyone executes their duties with all due diligence.

JS has not called fouls on himself in previous run attempts. DH has made other charges against him, from first hand experience, of less than gentlemanly conduct. And, given the current state of the BCA and the unknown14.1 credentials of the two guys there who watched the video, who knows if they carefully watched it or just pulled out a rubber stamp. Did they, as during the public showings, pay more attention to their cheese whiz nachos and drinks, as the video played at double-speed, or did they carefully watch every shot? At this point I feel the latter is more likely than the former and that's one of the reasons I remain with questions.

All I know is that I would need a looooong time to *carefully* watch a 600+ ball run with my full undivided attention before I gave it my blessing.

Lou FigueroaThis is accurate

Lou Figueroa
This is accurate, when I competed in 2nd TAR match against j.s./bca - in our one pocket leg of the all around j.s. stopped play and argued about a jump cue, he then ensued with verbally slandering me cause I would not allow him break the rules and use his jump cue. The owner of TAR Big Chad saw what john was doing and told him to shut the fu#9 up and play, no one from TAR ever had to reprimand me for player misconduct. I have seen his act - when he is losing - he throws a little tantrum. I think what were seeing now (626 corruption and no video evidence for public to clarify) is just another tantrum. In an interview after our match j.s. admitted that he was just trying to anger me (with his attempt to argue about rules). So as the late Big Chad would say shut the f up john/bca bureaucrats - and admit the chopped video 626 is a fake. Eventually he will have to answers some very pertinent questions concerning fake news and or a failed attempt at surpassing Mosconi's true record - guaranteed.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
The run should be easy to verify, IMO. All one needs to look for are missed shots, or the tip accidentally hitting the cb during warm-up strokes. Pretty sure JS was playing CB fouls only as he announced in prior runs (and has also been played in major 14-1 tournaments in the past and major 9 ball tournaments). Any serious but plateuted C or B player can do that. One doesn't need to be a 200 ball runner. Cleaning balls is done in every major cue sport these days. That should not be an issue. The rack being off an 1/8" or 1/4" one way or the other should not be an issue. It happens in every tournament, from local weekly event to Zuglan's iron fist tournament. The equipment should not be an issue. Everyone and their mother who cared knew the second JS did it. They could have went to the room and inspected the table right after to verify for themselves it was to some made up spec that who knows who wrote. Unless JS went in there the night before with a grinder, and made the slate opening 1/2" bigger on the radius all the way around, I'd bet dollar to doughnuts the table is a regular table that was in that pool hall for 20 years (or whenever the pool hall bought it).