Your next shot?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I like the way you think, I would most likely use the 10 ball though. The 15 keeps the 2 ball covered if you enter the corner slow. I think a half ball hit on the 10 and put them on the back of the 6 is a good shot. I think using 1/2 ball hits for defense shots are under rated for most players. You only have to figure out the speed for one ball with a half ball hit, they are going to travel the same distance no matter what.
I would prefer the safe off the 10, but honestly didn't think the 15 was preventing the 2 from dropping in that bottom corner.

Figured the safe off the 15 put the CB in roughly the same spot, but insured that the 2 wasn't an option for the opponent.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Can’t even screen shot the post. I clearly see the white part of the ball on the stripes. I clearly see the white part of the numbers on the solids. I do not clearly see the cue ball. And as others have confirmed, it’s not clearly visible at all. And if I need a better screen, tell Apple.
you obviously do..., need a better screen, or better settings. Maybe the others are also dealing with the unfortunate circumstance of buying apple products.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
It's actually easier then it looks, I've gotten out several times now. It's a low percentage proposition though. On the other hand, I was able to hide the cue behind the 12, three times in a row.
So to be clear.... is it easier now because you had several attempts at it...? I've always thought this game would be easier if I could have one or two attempts at all the hard shots. ;)

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would prefer the safe off the 10, but honestly didn't think the 15 was preventing the 2 from dropping in that bottom corner.

Figured the safe off the 15 put the CB in roughly the same spot, but insured that the 2 wasn't an option for the opponent.
Wrong corner though, keep between the cue ball and two ball if you end up short on the safe. But anything is going to be better than trying to shot a ball in the hole in this situation.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you bend the 10 around the 6?
I see no cue ball , so I thought it was ball in hand anywhere or behind the line. both of which allow the cueball to go around the 6 to the bottom rail and break out the 5. These are hard to do when you have to be psychic to tell which ball is where.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I would probably play a safe off the 10 and get behind the 12 down table going two or three rails off the 10, seems somewhat natural. Also would get the 10 over by my ball tied up with the 5.

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd play a safe off the side of the green striped ball with low left. Going 2 rails to behind what looks like is a purple striped ball. It would criss cross below side pocket to behind the purple striped ball. Leaving the one as the only real option to shoot as a bank in the side. Also breaking out the cluster at the same time.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 goes in the side. Cue ball bumps ten into long rail. Ten ball comes right back into cue ball. This leaves easy shot on ten, opening up 14. Very difficult to get on 12. I got out on fifth try. Getting cue ball behind the 12 is probably a better option.
We think alike.
If that isn't the 9 up table, I'd go 15 in the side. The only risky part is a possible bad angle on the 10. If it rolls good, then move the 14 out in the open and finish the out.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We think alike.
Yep, 15 in the side. Screenshot makes this shot look tough, but it’s not. I set the balls up very carefully. In all the times I tried it, never missed the 15. I’m just an average shooter. No worries on the ten. As it turns out, the 15 and 10 are so close together that the outcome never changes much.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So to be clear.... is it easier now because you had several attempts at it...? I've always thought this game would be easier if I could have one or two attempts at all the hard shots. ;)
Nope, three attempts didn’t change my skill set or make the shots easier. It provided knowledge on the outcome. Bumping multiple balls, on successive shots, and accurately predicting where they all end up, is beyond my skill set.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Nope, three attempts didn’t change my skill set or make the shots easier. It provided knowledge on the outcome.
That was kinda my point... Hit it this way, it ends up like this. Make an adjustment, and get the outcome desired.

If you indeed managed the bank 10, carom off the 5, and get out on the first and subsequent attempts, then consider me floored.... well done

Edit: My bad... I only read your reply to me, and didn't realize that you were playing the 15 in the side. Thought we were discussing the 10 bank / carom off the 5.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I see no cue ball , so I thought it was ball in hand anywhere or behind the line. both of which allow the cueball to go around the 6 to the bottom rail and break out the 5. These are hard to do when you have to be psychic to tell which ball is where.
So what ball is the one near the foot spot that a select few seem to have a problem identifying...? Assuming it's so off colour on your screen that it doesn't appear like a CB, then what ball is it...? I woud hazard a guess that the next possibility miss judged colour might be yellow, but then what colour is the 1 ball on the long rail...?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
So what ball is the one near the foot spot that a select few seem to have a problem identifying...? Assuming it's so off colour on your screen that it doesn't appear like a CB, then what ball is it...? I woud hazard a guess that the next possibility miss judged colour might be yellow, but then what colour is the 1 ball on the long rail...?
An even more select few seem to have forgotten that there are two yellow balls in a rack. :)

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who are still confused.... The following took less than 3 minutes in Paint. Really.

CropperCapture[204].jpg

And in case the 11 is really the 15, just go with the diagram and we'll all get out of this alive. :poop:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
An even more select few seem to have forgotten that there are two yellow balls in a rack. :)

pj
chgo
Forgive me for continuing but with all the odd colours used on pool balls these days. Is it still only the 1 and 9 that contain yellow...? Of course the 9 also has the tell tale indication of the white stripe.

Maybe I owe apologies to the screen impaired

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Yep, 15 in the side. Screenshot makes this shot look tough, but it’s not. I set the balls up very carefully. In all the times I tried it, never missed the 15. I’m just an average shooter. No worries on the ten. As it turns out, the 15 and 10 are so close together that the outcome never changes much.
You aren't going to make the 11 in the side, but let's just say you did, you have nothing left. As most others have said, ducking is the only option.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
15 goes in the side. Cue ball bumps ten into long rail. Ten ball comes right back into cue ball. This leaves easy shot on ten, opening up 14. Very difficult to get on 12. I got out on fifth try. Getting cue ball behind the 12 is probably a better option.
Are you a gambler?