Sixteen pool halls in NY win injunction to reopen

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Shots fired!!!!

You do realize you're arguing medical facts with a licenced medical professional right? Probably should pick a different target with your theories.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
If Medical professionals knew anything we wouldn't be the fattest and unhealthiest country in the world. Most never cure anything, they prescribe medication and thats it. Sad really

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Medical professionals knew anything we wouldn't be the fattest and unhealthiest country in the world. Most never cure anything, they prescribe medication and thats it. Sad really

Medical professionals can not force their patients to follow their advice except maybe in a hospital--even there patients can refuse care. Medical professionals also helped keep my elderly parents alive with challenging health issues into their 80's. Your post is stupid and misguided.

Let's hear some more reports of people in the NY area that finally had a chance to play some pool.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Medical professionals can not force their patients to follow their advice except maybe in a hospital--even there patients can refuse care. Medical professionals also helped keep my elderly parents alive with challenging health issues into their 80's. Your post is stupid and misguided.

Let's hear some more reports of people in the NY area that finally had a chance to play some pool.

I'm not the one who brought it up, maybe you should be running your mouth to them?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not the one who brought it up, maybe you should be running your mouth to them?

I was responding specifically to your post:

Medical people are awesome from my experiences.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shots fired!!!!

You do realize you're arguing medical facts with a licenced medical professional right? Probably should pick a different target with your theories.

Right back out you cowboy...what are you like a phlebotomist or something? Vet tech?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
These are services a society requires. Apply whatever label you want, but a bus ride, a park, food for children who would otherwise be undernourished, clean water...all necessary to the degree that it makes sense to have such core needs overseen by government.

The buses are shut off, the parks, too. Illegal to use. Food for children is being denied and the systems for getting more being destroyed by the statists lockdowners, ask Flint about water, etc.

Persons do all of these things. There is no magic entity doing those. Liberty allows these things to get done without any threats or violence.

The pool halls are open!!!!!!!!

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'd like to give a big

THANK YOU

to those who organized this protest, if you will. Whoever got this going, you're the man.

Jeff Livingston

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The buses are shut off, the parks, too. Illegal to use. Food for children is being denied and the systems for getting more being destroyed by the statists lockdowners, ask Flint about water, etc.

Persons do all of these things. There is no magic entity doing those. Liberty allows these things to get done without any threats or violence.

The pool halls are open!!!!!!!!

Jeff Livingston
governments are still providing services. Not sure why you are citing limited examples of short term status.

Some services are too necessary to be subject to our free market whims.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I dropped by Amsterdam Billiards Sunday afternoon and played for about fifteen minutes. The place was immaculate and looks beautiful. Players are required to wear masks, and at least in my assessment, that's as it should be. Only about five tables were in use. I shot two racks of straight pool and one rack of nine ball, officially ending my eleven month layoff. It felt good to be hitting balls again even though my playing skills had, not unexpectedly, declined since I last played.

The bar being closed was a bit of a downer, as I like a tea, coffee or soda while I play, but for now I have to do without. None of the players I know there were present, so there was no social element in going there, and as someone who has averaged over 23 hours a day in the home for over ten months, it would do me a lot of good to see some familiar faces.

Hopefully, the regulars will return soon. Solo practice is not something I enjoy much, and I hope to be able to make a game with someone down the road.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
governments are still providing services. Not sure why you are citing limited examples of short term status.

Some services are too necessary to be subject to our free market whims.
Wrong thread for this...sorry.

See me on npr.

Jeff Livingston

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dropped by Amsterdam Billiards Sunday afternoon and played for about fifteen minutes. The place was immaculate and looks beautiful. Players are required to wear masks, and at least in my assessment, that's as it should be. Only about five tables were in use. I shot two racks of straight pool and one rack of nine ball, officially ending my eleven month layoff. It felt good to be hitting balls again even though my playing skills had, not unexpectedly, declined since I last played.

The bar being closed was a bit of a downer, as I like a tea, coffee or soda while I play, but for now I have to do without. None of the players I know there were present, so there was no social element in going there, and as someone who has averaged over 23 hours a day in the home for over ten months, it would do me a lot of good to see some familiar faces.

Hopefully, the regulars will return soon. Solo practice is not something I enjoy much, and I hope to be able to make a game with someone down the road.
Very good! Thank you for sharing!!

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right back out you cowboy...what are you like a phlebotomist or something? Vet tech?
Hey buddy, I was defending you. IDK something about someone being the reasons IM STILL ALIVE makes me trust their medical opinion a bit more.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey buddy, I was defending you. IDK something about someone being the reasons IM STILL ALIVE makes me trust their medical opinion a bit more.

People live to 80 or more now....huge part of that is vaccines. These vaccines have zero potential to cause illness.

The lawyer bringing this case said yesterday that he's opening the lawsuit to all New York state pool halls looking to join. If he will take it in a contingency fee basis I'd give up 3/4 of anything he could recover...why not?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Lol. I thought you were talking to SBC also and didn't know he's in the Medical field.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vaccine is absolutely FDA approved.

In this country, so far, you cannot be made to take a vaccine.

That said you'd be s cool to pass on a vaccine that is 95% effective. I had my second vaccination Wednesday. Will be good to know I've cut my odds of getting this by 95%.
I was notified before receiving the vaccine that it is not FDA approved., only "authorized emergency use."

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Why would you take experimental ,non approved treatment?
just call it a health supplement

most health supplements on the market are not approved by federal agencies.

As for New York Players and pool reopening. I doubt leagues or tourneys will be in NYC.

I will pay and attend any billiard classes at a major pool hall in NYC for a series of days.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Since when are medical professional in charge of how much I eat, sleep, drink, or excersize ?
And if they were, how could you possible take the position that we live in a free country !
I dont have the time to explain this to you