Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Lastly, everyone knows he accomplished the run on a Brunswick 4'x8' that was a regular part of that pool room's inventory and the only Brunswick in the house.

Other than that, Mosconi's record has been recognized by everyone in and out of pool for over 60 years. Even JS acknowledges it was "the record" he was shooting for ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Except everyone who "knows" it was actually an 8.5 footer, an "oversize eight".

Glad to see we are acknowledging JS as the authority on records finally.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The folks on the Mosconi affidavit were not attempting to provide a governing body's certification -- it just said: this is what I witnessed.

I would also argue that the fact that they were willing to attend a 14.1 exhibition that night, and then urged Mosconi to continue on past 200, is ample evidence if their knowledge and passion for the game of straight pool. Lastly, everyone knows he accomplished the run on a Brunswick 4'x8' that was a regular part of that pool room's inventory and the only Brunswick in the house. Since Mosconi was on tour working for Brunswick he chose that table. IOWs, it was a regular, normal pool table and not a specially engineered "high run" table. The balls he used were most likely his own, Centennials with a blue dot CB. Oh, and Mosconi did it on *one* go, almost as a lark.

Other than that, Mosconi's record has been recognized by everyone in and out of pool for over 60 years. Even JS acknowledges it was "the record" he was shooting for ;-)

Lou Figueroa
How do you know that "they" urged him to continue? Is it in the original copy of the affidavit that you have examined?

You are getting a little ridiculous, just say no matter what happens, what you see, it will never be enough to convince you that the new record is valid. Period. End of discussion. Everyone is a liar and a cheat, except you.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I was kinda hoping this had finally run its course. Silly me
I know why - could it b that u know the directors and producers of their theater western show well uh little too well? Mosconi's record has been surpassed - Show Me verifiable evidence that it is so - non silly me.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except everyone who "knows" it was actually an 8.5 footer, an "oversize eight".

Glad to see we are acknowledging JS as the authority on records finally.

That is not what I said.

I said, when asked about how Mosconi's run became the record, that JS acknowledged it.

Lou Figueroa
that is all

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know that "they" urged him to continue? Is it in the original copy of the affidavit that you have examined?

You are getting a little ridiculous, just say no matter what happens, what you see, it will never be enough to convince you that the new record is valid. Period. End of discussion. Everyone is a liar and a cheat, except you.

I believe it is in his autobiography.

He said something about wanting to make a nice run for the room owner, who was a friend, and then when he got to 200 the crowd urged him to keep going.

Or it could have been in one of the newspaper accounts. If you need a citation I’ll get that for you tomorrow when I have bit more time. Right now I’m busy and just have time for a drive-by version of Whack-A-Mole.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The folks on the Mosconi affidavit were not attempting to provide a governing body's certification -- it just said: this is what I witnessed.

I would also argue that the fact that they were willing to attend a 14.1 exhibition that night, and then urged Mosconi to continue on past 200, is ample evidence if their knowledge and passion for the game of straight pool. Lastly, everyone knows he accomplished the run on a Brunswick 4'x8' that was a regular part of that pool room's inventory and the only Brunswick in the house. Since Mosconi was on tour working for Brunswick he chose that table. IOWs, it was a regular, normal pool table and not a specially engineered "high run" table. The balls he used were most likely his own, Centennials with a blue dot CB. Oh, and Mosconi did it on *one* go, almost as a lark.

Lou Figueroa
This of course is accurate, i would only add that Mosconi did not take the 'easy street' - nor did he need some shady theater show (open only to the 'semi public') - to reach 526. Mosconi's 526 = Legit. As 4 j.s.'s 626 that = fake news media and big sponsor corruption on American Pocket Billiard History Adjudication.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Lou you would have to be a member of Congress to expect anyone who responds to a 140 page thread to have read all of it.

My response was directed at D.H who keeps calling the J.S record fake news. When I look up new post's (that's what I read). You responded to a conversation between myself and D.H. If you are here to defend a conspiracy theory or are speaking on behalf of D.H (be prepared for recurring questions).

Respectfully
Ha ha the fact that the only venue j.s's CLAIM can be seen = a theater - is the true conspiracy. Yes the fact that after two yrs - no one can see the run in unedited form - from the comfort of their home would lean towards the 626 = fake news - yes. If u believe their little theater show is legit - cool beans 4 u - but be prepared for rebuttle. I ain't clowning around wit u either. If u think I am a clown u should travel here to Show me state - I give u something to laugh at - while u take a sabbatical from consciousness - after learning more about honesty.

Last edited:

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have a right hook that u would not want any part of, it would leave u snookered and frozen in yo tracks.
Danny you have crossed the line. Instead of spending time threatening people you don't know (about a record you were not involved in) you would be wise to re-invest your time.

I sincerely hope you would consider returning to get your high school diploma. Or maybe you could invest your time on the BANK POOL WORLD RECORD... I have been told it is the purest game around.

Please drop me your address and I will send you (and Rico) some BETA tapes for the video machine. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJAxaaZ3UEQ&ved=2ahUKEwiplca1vdvuAhWig-AKHSfUAtkQz40FMAJ6BAgBEC0&usg=AOvVaw35SL80UCI4o4wHGTHOSYBb.

Warm regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.