Important VISUALS info for CTE PRO ONE

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I speak English. An important part of pool playing ;)

Let’s try to clarify what you just stated. Stan says in this very thread, and has always said the same things : “CTE is a visual system” and “The target is CCB”. So the final movement is... CCB. Once you are on the 2-line perception, look at CCB. That is your target. That is your aim line. There is no fidgeting from there to find the aim-line. You already have it. You can choose to go there by a manual pivot or visual sweep. The manual pivots are a means to an end, and great for checking shots. Anyways, the book and truth series are now imminent, maybe that is the final movement ;)

In bold....this is not true, right? I mean, the ccb you look at from the 2 line perception is not the final ccb solution or the aim line, because from this position you are actual at an offset from the final ccb, and this is why you must pivot or sweep from one side or other to arrive at the ccb line that actually pockets the ball.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In bold....this is not true, right? I mean, the ccb you look at from the 2 line perception is not the final ccb solution or the aim line, because from this position you are actual at an offset from the final ccb, and this is why you must pivot or sweep from one side or other to arrive at the ccb line that actually pockets the ball.
I had the same thought, but you are braver than I. :)

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had the same thought, but you are braver than I. :)
It's not bravery. The system is well defined when it comes to that offset, else there would be no need to pivot or sweep to a final ccb solution.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
In a sense ccb is the final solution, since what follows is a (supposedly) predefined amount of pivot/sweep. Of course, that begs the question, "why pivot/sweep to a final aim line that's already defined?". The obvious answer is "the pivot/sweep is performed by feel", as is finding the correct 2-line "perception" in the first place (which makes CTE entirely subjective, by the way).

Good luck getting a CTE "objectivist" to realize or admit any of that.

pj
chgo

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

Did you try it? [edit] ah, I forget the details I work with. So just to be sure, I’m holding off this conversation until after truth series and book. Which sound like any day now.

Last edited:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This ha nothing ton do with the subject other then for my own knowledge.
I see a lot of people posting clips of other peoples you tubes. How do you do it ? Is there a program to download that isn't loaded with malware or viruses. I've looked at some , but learey of the crap thats hidden in them. If you know of somehow or what to do, you could pm me and I'll just delete this post.
Thanks

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This ha nothing ton do with the subject other then for my own knowledge.
I see a lot of people posting clips of other peoples you tubes. How do you do it ? Is there a program to download that isn't loaded with malware or viruses. I've looked at some , but learey of the crap thats hidden in them. If you know of somehow or what to do, you could pm me and I'll just delete this post.
Thanks
If you're on a PC, open a separate youtube window and drag the URL of the clip right into the reply box. I "format" the box with 2 or three lines. Enter Enter Enter and drag the link to the middle line. That way you won't have any difficulty getting a cursor above or below the clip.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're on a PC, open a separate youtube window and drag the URL of the clip right into the reply box. I "format" the box with 2 or three lines. Enter Enter Enter and drag the link to the middle line. That way you won't have any difficulty getting a cursor above or below the clip.
Sorry if this bothers others, I aplogize. I tried to pm you, but it said OOPS you can't pm straightline when I clicked on the envelope. Everything has changed and I can't find how to even do things anymore. If you could pm me and explain it more. I don't know where the reply box is. I am on a PC.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this bothers others, I aplogize. I tried to pm you, but it said OOPS you can't pm straightline when I clicked on the envelope. Everything has changed and I can't find how to even do things anymore. If you could pm me and explain it more. I don't know where the reply box is. I am on a PC.
It's not that hard. Just go to youtube and highlight the URL for the video. Copy and paste it into your AZ post.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just post here it couldn't be any less content than provided here. Or start a thread asking. The reply box is the thing you post in.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
In a sense ccb is the final solution, since what follows is a (supposedly) predefined amount of pivot/sweep. Of course, that begs the question, "why pivot/sweep to a final aim line that's already defined?". The obvious answer is "the pivot/sweep is performed by feel", as is finding the correct 2-line "perception" in the first place (which makes CTE entirely subjective, by the way).

Good luck getting a CTE "objectivist" to realize or admit any of that.

pj
chgo
Isn't anything an individual does that involves eye-hand coordination subjective? That doesn't mean that the method used to accomplish the task is.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Isn't anything an individual does that involves eye-hand coordination subjective? That doesn't mean that the method used to accomplish the task is.
If it's objective it can be described so anybody can duplicate it. Describe what I want to see when viewing the aim line and CTE line to arrive at the "CCB perception".

pj
chgo

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it's objective it can be described so anybody can duplicate it. Describe what I want to see when viewing the aim line and CTE line to arrive at the "CCB perception".

pj
chgo
I believe I've already done that. We've discussed that already. I'm not going to keep repeating previous.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

pj
chgo
It's objective but

pj
chgo
But, Hal only told one person the whole secret....