What happened to Deanoc?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it's called karma, but then you have to believe it really happened don't you. At the time I didn't think it was ah, as reported. As the true story of when, where, how and by whom the Jackpot cues were really made I became convinced it was all part of the scam.

"Woe is me somebody got my expensive custom cue and won't return it."

Was it a poor old befuddled man? Or a hustlers move to elect some sympathy and avoid scrutiny of the cues? Each of us can judge for ourselves based on the the now known facts.

9ballscorpion

Yes it's called karma, but then you have to believe it really happened don't you. At the time I didn't think it was ah, as reported. As the true story of when, where, how and by whom the Jackpot cues were really made I became convinced it was all part of the scam.

"Woe is me somebody got my expensive custom cue and won't return it."

Was it a poor old befuddled man? Or a hustlers move to elect some sympathy and avoid scrutiny of the cues? Each of us can judge for ourselves based on the the now known facts.

Interesting theory.

I just found it hard to believe that he would mistakenly ship a Tascarella, instead of a Jackpot cue. And then he did not remember who he shipped it to, so that made it even harder to believe.

He just makes a public post saying something like "Whoever has a Tascarella that I mistakenly sent you, then please mail it back to me". I am sure I have the wording wrong, but I recall his saying something along those lines.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
There would be no Drama if everyone treated each other with respect, and in a way that they would only treat their close friends. But some would cheat, and steal even from their own friends too, so that is just the reality of this world. Dean attempted to deceive the entire forum into buying one of those Schmelke cues, with the Logo removed, and advertise them as Customs, hand made by Jack Potter of Libra cues. I just do not get why anyone would defend someone doing something like that, and say that it was just fine, and no harm done, just because the customers were supposedly happy with what they got. He still attempted to deceive the entire forum, and anyone who would believe his BS story about the cues being custom made by Jack Potter.
Really! OMFG that's what happened?

Holy shit I had no idea!

Why wasn't this mentioned before?

Does anyone else know anything about this they could share?

This is like the biggest thing ever!!!

There should be countless threads and endless chatter about this!!

Get the tar and feathers ready!!

9ballscorpion

Really! OMFG that's what happened?

Holy shit I had no idea!

Why wasn't this mentioned before?

Does anyone else know anything about this they could share?

This is like the biggest thing ever!!!

There should be countless threads and endless chatter about this!!

Get the tar and feathers ready!!

Yeah, you know about it, and think that it was no big deal, and there was no wrongdoing.

JC

Coos Cues
Yeah, you know about it, and think that it was no big deal, and there was no wrongdoing.
No Justin I think what Dean did was wrong but it wasn't the worst thing that ever happened. It was shady but not on some level of criminality.

I had this scumsucker called Jeff Forney steal $3000 from me on a lathe deal here on AZ a few years back. Sold me some small items first to gain my confidence then flat stole my money on the big one.

Should I make a new thread about that every week? Will you organize your gang of cacklers to whine about it for me?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Justin I think what Dean did was wrong but it wasn't the worst thing that ever happened. It was shady but not on some level of criminality.

I had this scumsucker called Jeff Forney steal $3000 from me on a lathe deal here on AZ a few years back. Sold me some small items first to gain my confidence then flat stole my money on the big one.

Should I make a new thread about that every week? Will you organize your gang of cacklers to whine about it for me?
Did he use the U S Mail in any of those transactions? If so did you file a mail fraud complaint with the USPIS?

9ballscorpion

Very sorry to hear that you got ripped off.

People get ripped off by someone who they do not know, and they lose faith in ever being able to trust anyone who they do not know ever again.

Dean should have been smart enough to know that those cheap Production cues would not be able to pass as true high quality customs, from a reputable cue maker, and calling them Jackpot cues seems fine, but clearly stating that Jack Potter was the cue maker who was building them was way out of line.

If it had not been found out that the cues were from Schmelke, then who knows how long the deception would have continued.

If I had done something similar to what he was doing, then I think that I would be behind bars, because it was Fraud.

Off topic, but it kind of makes me think about a lot of deception going on in cue sales. I see so many cue sellers who are either lying about what they are selling, or they were lied to about what they purchased, and then passed the same info onto their new listing.

It makes me think that these Jackpot cues might be passed off as true customs by Jack Potter sometime in the future, on the 2nd hand market. Maybe ebay, for example, because there is a whole world of cue buyers out there that do not visit AZB, or know the story.

JC

Coos Cues
Did he use the U S Mail in any of those transactions? If so did you file a mail fraud complaint with the USPIS?
It's a long story I ended up getting some of my money back with the assistance of the police that were local to him.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

If Jeff was still active, you would beat the drum nonstop

If someone said "Hey what happened to Jeff?" you would absolutely share your story

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recall Dean mistakenly sending someone a Tascarella(?), instead of a Jackpot(?), but the thread was getting so long, and it did not look like the Tasc was ever going to be found, or sent back to Dean.

I just wonder what became of that story, and if the cue was ever found, or sent back to Dean.

Some accused Dean of making the whole story up(?) just to get more Jackpot cue sales(?).

Sorry if any of my info is wrong about any of this, but I do recall Dean saying that he mistakenly sent someone a Tascarella cue.
I am pretty sure Dean had to eat the cost on that Tasc. Last I heard it never made its way back home. A true Jackpot of a cue for $600.00, there didn't seem to be any consternation regarding the maker.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I remember Jeff Forney. He kept turning up under various aliases ripping many people off. If it hasn't caught up with him yet, in a big way, it will.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone can play great with a Dale Perry too. But if I sell you a DP, but call it something else, I’ve committed fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He also fails to mention that the "cue that plays great" was cored by Vigus...so evidently the cue didn't play great enough.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Jeff isn't Dean there is no comparison.
tenor.gif

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Deans antics are closer to yours than to Forney's

At least he had the cues when he offered them for sale.
If he had these cues in hand, it's even worse. If they were drop-shipped, then he would be able to claim ignorance. Flawed and hollow cues, hand-selected to screw the customer.

You cried about a refund harder than a customer who actually got screwed. Even your cuemakers asked you to chill, talk about a dead horse.

Keep riding the Dean bench though, it's ok, as the gif said.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I am pretty sure Dean had to eat the cost on that Tasc. Last I heard it never made its way back home. A true Jackpot of a cue for $600.00, there didn't seem to be any consternation regarding the maker.
I think it's at least as likely that it never happened or he misplaced it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk