Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Leave me alone out of this one fatso.
I never mentioned Nikki Benish and did not call anyone a liar despite all your manipulation and steering .
You're the liar.
Objective my eye . You had no clue why you kept missing on your video and use a ghost ball template b/c aiming to ABC whatever was failing you .
Sorry, Neslie O'Hare is the one you are calling a liar. As for calling people liars....well when you say that they are reporting something that you claim they were not told then you are not saying that they are telling the truth are you? I mean she was pretty SPECIFIC about it so it seems like a lot to have been just "lost in translation". Furthermore it is probably a decent assumption that they weren't discussing this over dinner and were on a pool table so that she could put it into practice during the instruction.

Sorry son, I tell it as I experience it. I make videos warts and all for the purpose of inviting discussion about things that interest me. If you don't want to be outed for calling people liars then don't say that what they claim to do and what they claim to experience is not what they are doing and experiencing.

Which video? Happy to discuss any video I have made. If I had "no clue" why I missed a shot then I am pretty sure that I worked on it until I got the solution. What have you done to promote this game and keep people interested? All I see you do is knock and be negative.

Does Tyler Styer use CTE? Does he know how to use the ABC perceptions? Does he have a clue why he makes or misses shots? See the thing is that you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS duck these questions. Being asked directly to CLARIFY your statements is seen as "manipulation" and "steering" but the impetus for the questions is due to your statements implying that CTE users don't actually use CTE and are not being truthful about the results that they are having.

I can't call you names like "fatso" and other ad hominems. Any labels I have applied to you are based SOLELY on the content of your character which is completely based on your conduct in this forum.

What is your purpose for participating in CTE threads?

This thread was started to announce the arrival of Stan's book. Every post you have made in this thread has been negative towards CTE, Stan and CTE users. Maybe you would appreciate it if someone stalked you and spoke negatively about your cues in EVERY THREAD. We get it that you don't like CTE, don't like Hal Houle, don't like Stan, don't like me.... you have made your distaste known ad nauseum. Imagine if you simply ignored CTE threads and let those who want to discuss it just discuss it in peace. Guess what would happen? People would geek out about it and talk in their specific terms and enjoy comparing their experiences and results. Their time spent on AZB would be pleasurable and they wouldn't have to wade through hundreds of posts with your negative BS and our rebuttals to that crap.

The CTE group on Facebook had 368 members as of a couple days ago discussing CTE with Stan with ZERO DRAMA. I bet Mike Howerton would like the CTE discussions here to be drama-free and they can be when you and the other knockers just leave. If this were my forum I would ban you all for a month just to see what the CTE threads do. I can tell you what will happen, people will discuss this method in peace and be focused on improving their understanding and use of it. Those who have a decent grasp would help those who don't. You could have all the negative thoughts about those people that you want to have and if you were not allowed to stick your negativity into the threads those people could just do their thing without your bullying and knocking.

You all should consider yourselves lucky that I don't have the resources to buy AZB should it ever be for sale. My first act as owner would be to both ban you and, if possible, purge all of your posts in the aiming forums. I would absolutely censor you and cut you off from this section because you bring NOTHING positive to it at all. And your cohorts would be banned right along with you. Not because we don't want to answer questions about CTE but because YOUR questions are never about actually learning it but are intended to discredit and denigrate.

I can promise you this though, if you try any of this crap on any Facebook forums that I moderate or admin then I will boot you from all groups that I am able to. So if you want to continue being a knocking bully here then go for it as long as you are allowed to. I am just the same as any other member but my participation on AZB along with other prominent industry members has dwindled significantly because of people like you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I read that as he is referring to the contact point. Even then it's only "constant" for a certain range of speeds and cut angles, not to even mention sidespin.
Well he is referring to something that he says "never changes" and parts of the ball. Without more elaboration on his part we can't get much more than that out of this brief statement. Point being that he isn't saying "just feel it".

The article showed that even back in the late 90s some pros were using versions of objective aiming. In fact this topic well predates Hal Houle's introduction of his 3 Angle description. Hal wasn't the only person exploring aiming beyond the ghost ball method.

Just that Hal's is what seems to have raised the ire of the geometers because they could never get a 2-D diagram like they can with GB. Ghost ball however, as I have said is in fact simple to diagram, simple to show using just three balls but actually not as easy to do in 3d space as expected given the simplicity with which the concept can be imparted. Hence the plethora of GB aim training tools and templates and large amount of differing instruction on how to implement it.

I once did an experiment where I asked people to place a real ball where the ghost ball would be. The only requirement is that they could only place the ball once. They could take as much time as they wanted and look from every angle as long as they felt they needed but once the ball was placed that was it. Then we would check it and see how they did. The failure rate was WAY higher than I expected it would be. I expected people to fail because I had already observed how people try to place a GB and fidget with it to get it into place. I didn't expect that they would be so far off as they were.

And this is my point. I think that GB is not very stable as a visualization method for getting to the right shot line. As a result there is a lot of guessing and uncertainty and that leads to second guessing and steering and "body english". I think that pros who say that they use Ghost Ball have likely found the most objective way to do it and are not likely to be imagining a fully formed phantom ball that is a perfect 2.25" with a glowing center that they can line up center ball to.

I think that there are better ways to aim that are WAY MORE objective, to the point that the user is not guessing at the aim and where the user feels like it's totally objective. And the reason I think this is because I have experienced it. Earlier tonight I stopped at the Pool Dojo, a training facility here in OKC. I picked up a house cue and picked a set of hole reinforcers that were on the table and commenced to running through the CTE aiming visuals for the shot to see if I could consistently make the object ball in all six holes. I accomplished it with less than four attempts per shot. Directly into three holes, banked into the others, single rail, two rails, three rails. Could I do this with ghost ball? No I can't. Could I do it with pure feel? Probably but I am positive that it would take longer and not be as consistent.

Could someone with more experience with CTE do it better than me? Absolutely. Could a pro who "just sees it" do it better than me? I would think so. Could a pro who uses CTE do it better than the pro who "just sees it"? I would bet that they could.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This one is confusing. Doesn't seem like you could pocket the ball with a line paralell to the cueball edge to the contact point. I don't understand either how using left english could be "the same line"? How would that even work? I guess it could only work with some sort of pivoted cue after then lines were first identified, but then the aim lines are no longer paralell. Using multiple paralell lines as reference points is all well and good, but it seems the actual system here got garbled some way. Now, if he said paralell to the contact point to contact point line, THEN it would make a lot more sense.
Without further clarification it would be hard to glean what exactly he is doing here. This article was a "filler" piece of sorts not an in-depth inquiry to suss out details and perceptions in a concrete way. What I got out of it is that Nick is starting with things he can clearly identify such as the edge and the contact point and has a shaft reference to the left or right of the contact point that works for him.

I can tell you from personal experience having talked to a lot of pros that if you get them to open up they will often talk about how they aim with objective references. Not any sort of "named" or "branded" system per se but just using a couple consistent reference points that they have discovered works well for them. A few pros asked me not to reveal what they said to me because to them they were doing something that no one else knew about and they wanted to keep whatever advantage they felt they had by virtue of the aiming method they came up with.

I fully agree that more table time and deep focused practice will sharpen the senses and allow a person who "just feels it" to get into a state where they do "just see it". But I will say that it is my experience that part of reaching that level is discovering aiming tricks that are objective and help the advanced player maintain that consistency.

One thing Nick Varner said to me specifically on this subject is that after he reached professional level he never missed a shot because of his stroke he only missed because he was aimed incorrectly. He said this to me in Charlotte at the BCA Expo when I was able to talk to him a bit about aiming. Obviously I can't verify that but that is what he said.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
From experience, I always found the people who have never fought or trained in fighting or in no shape to fight are the bravest or have the most bravado. I have seen many fights from people who have absolutely no business getting in fights . When I was in high school, I got into at least 3 fights . Had no clue what I was doing . Then in college, I became a boxing gym rat . Two of the boxers in our gym got world title shots . I mean real pros . If you've never seen pro boxers train, you wouldn't know how hard those fkkrs hit . And none of the boxers in my gym were bigger than lightweights ( except one pug named Allan Alegria who was in line to fight for Aaron Pryor's belt when he vacated it ) . Most were feathers and lighter because this was in the south of the Philippines. These fkkrs could freaking hit . A pro bantamweight could easily knock out a heavyweight on the street. Easily .
When I came here I hung around for a very short while at the old Westminster Boxing Club where Jackie McCoy trained his fighters back then.
There were a ton of Mexican monster fighting machines in that gym .

And oddly enough, I've never been in a fight since then . I walked away from so many fights I can't even count it .
No one was talking about any sort of violence. Context matters, try to keep up. EVEN IF I wanted to be violent with any of you knockers and I had the opportunity to do and could do so without incurring harm or legal trouble it wouldn't change anything. None of you would stop being harassing, bullying knockers on this forum on this subject. And you would get sympathy and get well cards. The only time violence solves conceptual issues is when ideology is imposed by force and force is the only way to change the status quo. Otherwise knocking you out doesn't make you suddenly believe in CTE aiming or stop harassing people over CTE aiming. Wouldn't stop me if you knocked me out either. When I healed up I would be right back here.

When I said Lou deserves what is coming I am referring to the videos I will produce which feature him playing and missing shots and selling out. Basically the premise is when a solid PSR and four hours of practice a day are not enough. "Bank good miss straight in" to quote a man who gets "lucky" on the pool table more than any other human.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Sorry, Neslie O'Hare is the one you are calling a liar. As for calling people liars....well when you say that they are reporting something that you claim they were not told then you are not saying that they are telling the truth are you? I mean she was pretty SPECIFIC about it so it seems like a lot to have been just "lost in translation". Furthermore it is probably a decent assumption that they weren't discussing this over dinner and were on a pool table so that she could put it into practice during the instruction.
Save it barton. YOU are the one calling them a liar .
You even said if a pro told you he aims this way , you still can't go by it . You calling them a liar then ?
If Mr Moori handed you Moori tips, you still can't be sure it's the real Moori? Guess who said that too? Is Moori a liar./
Quit playing your game .
I can tell you over and over again how this all began. But, go pound sand .
And I only came back here again because you made another lie .

Heck if I were a mod to that CTE FB group. I'd ban you . You've been doing it wrong for more than a decade .
And they're calling you on it too at YT. No visual sweep or pivots. And you actually expect balls to go in without giving it a quality stoke . Then you pull a GB TEMPLATE and pretend you're still aiming yay to ABC but you are lining up the center of the CB to the center of the GB .

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Save it barton. YOU are the one calling them a liar .
You even said if a pro told you he aims this way , you still can't go by it . You calling them a liar then ?
If Mr Moori handed you Moori tips, you still can't be sure it's the real Moori? Guess who said that too? Is Moori a liar./
Quit playing your game .
I can tell you over and over again how this all began. But, go pound sand .
And I only came back here again because you made another lie .
Still can't go by it? No I never said that. What lie Joey? You can say whatever you want about origins but the fact is that you and your cohorts are in EVERY CTE thread knocking, bullying, harassing and DOING NOTHING to promote pool.

Moori? Did I say that? If I did then post the thread so that we can see the CONTEXT in which it was said. I don't recall ever saying that if Mr. Moori were to hand someone a tip that they couldn't be sure it was made by him but IF I did then I am positive I provided the context and reasoning for the statement.

What lie did I tell Joey? That you are a terrible person? That's truth based on your conduct here. That you're a knocker? Also evidenced by your conduct. What else? That you contribute nothing positive to the subject of CTE aiming? Also true as clearly evidenced by your posts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Heck if I were a mod to that CTE FB group. I'd ban you . You've been doing it wrong for more than a decade .
And they're calling you on it too at YT. No visual sweep or pivots. And you actually expect balls to go in without giving it a quality stoke . Then you pull a GB TEMPLATE and pretend you're still aiming yay to ABC but you are lining up the center of the CB to the center of the GB .
WTF are prattling about?

Calling me on what? Ghost Ball template? You're able to read my mind and see what I see and know what I think? No visual sweep or pivots? How would you know? I have shown the half ball pivot, the half tip pivot, the air pivot and the pirouette pivot.

I do it well enough to satisfy Stan and others who use CTE so hope you don't mind if your silly assertions are given the consideration that they are worth. I expect balls to go in without a quality stroke? Hmmm, I guess that is why I mention frequently that a bad stroke can throw the cueball off of a perfect shot line and offer myself as an example of what not to do. Three strikes in one post already, good job.

You appear to be quite the stalker but terrible at keeping notes. The burden of proof is on the accuser son. If you want the readers to follow your nonsense you need to give them links to your "evidence." Let's see them and we can continue the conversation.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Kennedy:
I look at the OB straight ahead, and then look little by little to the right or left of the ball. I keep going until I see the spot where it's going to hit the bigger part of the pocket.

Tommy uses an objective constant for a starting point.
That has absolutely nothing to do with CT.E. That is also how I aim.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
WTF are prattling about?

Calling me on what? Ghost Ball template? You're able to read my mind and see what I see and know what I think? No visual sweep or pivots? How would you know? I have shown the half ball pivot, the half tip pivot, the air pivot and the pirouette pivot.

I do it well enough to satisfy Stan and others who use CTE so hope you don't mind if your silly assertions are given the consideration that they are worth. I expect balls to go in without a quality stroke? Hmmm, I guess that is why I mention frequently that a bad stroke can throw the cueball off of a perfect shot line and offer myself as an example of what not to do. Three strikes in one post already, good job.

You appear to be quite the stalker but terrible at keeping notes. The burden of proof is on the accuser son. If you want the readers to follow your nonsense you need to give them links to your "evidence." Let's see them and we can continue the conversation.
Wait, are you arguing you used CTE properly in that video ?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wait, are you arguing you used CTE properly in that video ?
In what video? I have made lots of videos. I do lots of things improperly. I use CTE as best I can and sometimes don't focus properly on aquiring the visual. In fact as much as I am cheerleader for the value of CTE more importantly I am an example that CTE is not a panacea for unfocused effort and bad fundamentals. However even with those two handicaps in place CTE still gets the shooter on the correct no-imagination shot line consistently and thus more shots can be made.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
In what video? I have made lots of videos. I do lots of things improperly. I use CTE as best I can and sometimes don't focus properly on aquiring the visual. In fact as much as I am cheerleader for the value of CTE more importantly I am an example that CTE is not a panacea for unfocused effort and bad fundamentals. However even with those two handicaps in place CTE still gets the shooter on the correct no-imagination shot line consistently and thus more shots can be made.
Yeah, but you used a ghost ball template instead of using CTE objectively .

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't say that did I? I said that Tommy said that he starts with an objective reference, the center to center.
You imply that because people use reference points to begin their pre shot routine that that somehow validates CTE.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You imply that because people use reference points to begin their pre shot routine that that somehow validates CTE.
No I said that the pros mentioned use objective references as evidenced by the English words you "transcribed" into English words from the article whereby many pros were surveyed as to how they aim.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I said that the pros mentioned use objective references as evidenced by the English words you "transcribed" into English words from the article whereby many pros were surveyed as to how they aim.
So what is your point in mentioning these objective references?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Also Dan, the reason for highlighting the usage of objective references is to establish that some professional players were aiming using objective references long before Hal ever posted anything on the internet.

That is part of building a case. Great to hear that you also start the aiming process using an easy to find constant objective reference line, center to center. Which center is it though?

A right sweep or left sweep center?