Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I said, when Efren was IN MY SHOP and I ASKED HIM DIRECTLY about aiming he declined to talk about it and said to us all that he would talk about when he retired.

Neslie O'Hare made a comment about Efren showing her something and it would have been prior to 1997 when that would have occured. So HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW what Efren was doing and saying to ANYONE else back then?

This is how you operate. You put words in people's mouths. What a terrible terrible unethical human being you are. Neslie DID NOT say Efren told her there are only three shots in pool. How would you know what Efren said or meant? Are you a mind reader with the power to go back 25 years and pluck thoughts from people's heads.

And yes, Efren did the same pointing to where the cue ball should be when he was at my place. I had 10 people there by the way all of whom will attest to what I say. He also would correct the spin if he thought that the shooter was going to use the wrong amount or was addressing the ball in the wrong place. I have all of this on video as well.

You have completely missed the point. The POINT is that you want to call EVERYONE a liar who relates something that you don't agree with.

I hate you. Seriously you are a terrible human being and deserving of every bit of hate than comes in your direction. I had made an effort to not use the word hate and not to actually hate anyone or anything. You and Lou and Pat and others who act like you are the reason that hate is the right word to use in conjunction with your unethical character.
Take a chill pill barton . http://jbstein.com/proaiming.htm
I did not call everyone a liar . You tried to steer me into that . That's how you manipulate.
You already tried to do that the first time you orgasmically posted Rodney beat the 13-ball ghost after being shown a much better aiming system by Steve .
As usual , you play your victim card.
You hate me ? Meh!

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Take a chill pill barton . http://jbstein.com/proaiming.htm
I did not call everyone a liar . You tried to steer me into that . That's how you manipulate.
You already tried to do that the first time you orgasmically posted Rodney beat the 13-ball ghost after being shown a much better aiming system by Steve .
As usual , you play your victim card.
You hate me ? Meh!

So my point stands. You are either calling her a liar or Efren or both.

Orgasmically? No I posted what Rodney said in public. No one paid him to do that.

My point is that you dismiss whatever anyone says in praise of cte regardless of skill level. You don't respect any view that doesn't adhere to your own narrow one.

You're super fake and a horrible person. I am not in the least victimized by you. Just annoyed every time I see you post anything because it's almost always negative.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Gail and I frequently vacation in Mexico.

Every once in awhile a chihuahua will run up on the beach and start barking. It’s no big deal.

Lou Figueroa
Oh no son, we want you alive and healthy to enjoy being a helpful example to future cte students.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only the lord knows how long it took to make that video. Notice none of the shots are consecutive. We could all do this if given the time and film.

Three railer side pocket, take 315 and Action!

This was a fun drill, it took me about 15-20 tries to get all six in a row.

You removed the video (?) but was it similar to this? I play straight pool mostly and rarely bank. Definitely not an expert and even I did OK save one goof or cling or something on that 4 ball. New cloth helps, too. I really only practiced this 4 or 5 times before recording and I think I nearly got them all on the second practice warm up.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You removed the video (?) but was it similar to this? I play straight pool mostly and rarely bank. Definitely not an expert and even I did OK save one goof or cling or something on that 4 ball. New cloth helps, too. I really only practiced this 4 or 5 times before recording and I think I nearly got them all on the second practice warm up.

Great job. Now you can duplicate Stan's videos easily.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ray Martin:
I use parts of the cue ball. In other words, if you were to have a straight in shot, you're aiming with the middle of the cue ball to the middle of the OB. Now let's say the OB stays in the same place and you move the cue ball six inches to the left. Now you're aiming with only a part of the cue ball. I'm not going to stress 1/2 ball, 1/4 ball here, because that's way too broad -- the difference could be two degrees or a sixteenth of an inch! The important thing to remember is the spot on the OB never changes. It is a constant.

Ray likes objective constants.......

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Tommy Kennedy:
I look at the OB straight ahead, and then look little by little to the right or left of the ball. I keep going until I see the spot where it's going to hit the bigger part of the pocket.

Tommy uses an objective constant for a starting point.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nesli O'Hare:
The technique I use was taught to me by Efren Reyes. According to Efren, there are three kinds of hits on any OB. First, there's looking at the center of cue ball to the point of aim if the shot is a full ball hit. If not, you can divide the OB into four quarters, sighting your cue ball edge to the point of aim. When using inside english with a medium to hard stroke, you don't change the point of aim. With outside english, you aim a sixteenth of an inch fuller on the OB than you normally would. But, all bets are off when using a soft stroke, because of deflection, etc.

Neslie O'Hare (called a liar by Joey Bautista) is describing an objective method of aiming.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Mary Guarino:
I aim with the shaft of my cue stick. If you're hitting a staight-in shot, obviously, you cue is in the center. I imagine the cue ball is in quarters. In example for 15 degree cuts, you split the quarter. For a thirty degree cut I split the edge with my shaft and 45 degree cuts I use the edges of my shaft.

Mary (now Kenniston) used the objective shaft aiming method. Now she uses Center to Edge aiming.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nick Varner:
What I do is use parallel lines. The first line I see is a line from the edge of the cue ball toward the contact point on the OB. I keep my shaft on a parallel line to that and if you're cutting the ball to the left of that line, it will be on the right. But if you're using left english, it will be the same line, and with center or right english, it will be parallel. Once I shoot, my eyes are actually focused on the contact point on the OB.

Nick Varner like to use objective lines and shaft placement to aim.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
THE FINAL SECRET There you have it, the secrets of aiming from dozens of the top players who do it best. But then again, is the secret really out? #2 ranked CJ Riley offers that you must aim before you get down on the ball by lining up correctly, of course, but adds that as far as his aiming method itself, "There are certain things you don't tell. Last time I wrote anything about aiming, somebody copied it and started selling it."

CJ Wiley likes objective aiming. (based on the videos he has made on the subject)

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Ray Martin:
I use parts of the cue ball. In other words, if you were to have a straight in shot, you're aiming with the middle of the cue ball to the middle of the OB. Now let's say the OB stays in the same place and you move the cue ball six inches to the left. Now you're aiming with only a part of the cue ball. I'm not going to stress 1/2 ball, 1/4 ball here, because that's way too broad -- the difference could be two degrees or a sixteenth of an inch! The important thing to remember is the spot on the OB never changes. It is a constant.

Ray likes objective constants.......
I read that as he is referring to the contact point. Even then it's only "constant" for a certain range of speeds and cut angles, not to even mention sidespin.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Nick Varner:
What I do is use parallel lines. The first line I see is a line from the edge of the cue ball toward the contact point on the OB. I keep my shaft on a parallel line to that and if you're cutting the ball to the left of that line, it will be on the right. But if you're using left english, it will be the same line, and with center or right english, it will be parallel. Once I shoot, my eyes are actually focused on the contact point on the OB.

Nick Varner like to use objective lines and shaft placement to aim.
This one is confusing. Doesn't seem like you could pocket the ball with a line paralell to the cueball edge to the contact point. I don't understand either how using left english could be "the same line"? How would that even work? I guess it could only work with some sort of pivoted cue after then lines were first identified, but then the aim lines are no longer paralell. Using multiple paralell lines as reference points is all well and good, but it seems the actual system here got garbled some way. Now, if he said paralell to the contact point to contact point line, THEN it would make a lot more sense.

JC

Coos Cues
Sorry didn't mean to remove it. Sort of what you were doing but I shot the ball into all six pockets in rotation from the same position. I'm sure it's easy peasy for most of you.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Nesli O'Hare:
The technique I use was taught to me by Efren Reyes. According to Efren, there are three kinds of hits on any OB. First, there's looking at the center of cue ball to the point of aim if the shot is a full ball hit. If not, you can divide the OB into four quarters, sighting your cue ball edge to the point of aim. When using inside english with a medium to hard stroke, you don't change the point of aim. With outside english, you aim a sixteenth of an inch fuller on the OB than you normally would. But, all bets are off when using a soft stroke, because of deflection, etc.

Nikki Benish (called a liar by Joey Bautista) is describing an objective method of aiming.
Leave me alone out of this one fatso.
I never mentioned Nikki Benish and did not call anyone a liar despite all your manipulation and steering .
You're the liar.
Objective my eye . You had no clue why you kept missing on your video and use a ghost ball template b/c aiming to ABC whatever was failing you .

Last edited: