Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
STAN SHUFFETT BOOK.jpg
This is THE BOOK, detailing exactly how CTE Pro One can improve your game. In Stan Shuffett's own words:
"Nearly six years of blood, sweat, and tears have all been worth it. Connie and I are beyond pleased!
I left it all on the table: 38 chapters/440 pages of what’s been in my head for the past 15 years.
Book should be ready to sell late this month.
My new website is being reconstructed.

My CTE TRUTH SERIES will be posted to YouTube just prior to book release."

I'm thrilled for Stan to have completed this incredible journey. I've written a book myself so I know how difficult it can be. While I haven't seen the book just yet, I'm looking forward to seeing it and reading it, especially after getting a sneak preview of Stan's CTE Truth Series videos. There are well over a dozen CTE Truth Series Videos that will provide you with more accurate information than ever seen before. The props that Stan uses in the CTE Truth Series videos will dispel many of the inaccuracies that have been posted about CTE in the past as well as help you to visualize exactly how CTE Pro One works and I can only expect the book to be even more definitive.

During this pandemic, I have been fortunate enough to review on my own, videos and magazine articles where some of the world's top players refer to using the Edge of the Cue ball to aim including Efren Reyes and C J Wiley. Stan's Truth series illuminates the secrets of CTE that Hal Houle purposefully failed to provide when he first discussed this aiming system. As most of you know, Hal was known for being devious in explaining CTE and that created a lot of misunderstanding about it. Stan has spent the last 15 years learning those secrets and has explained them better than ever in the CTE Truth Series, which you will be able to watch on YouTube very soon.

For the serious student of the game, the CTE Truth Series by itself will be an eye opener.

I am certain that Stan Shuffett has indeed accurately assembled the details of how CTE Pro One works and how it can improve your game. I can't wait to read his new book. It is likely that this "pool book" will become the pool book of the decade. What a great way to start off the New Year of 2021!

JoeyA

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 580094This is THE BOOK, detailing exactly how CTE Pro One can improve your game. In Stan Shuffett's own words:
"Nearly six years of blood, sweat, and tears have all been worth it. Connie and I are beyond pleased!
I left it all on the table: 38 chapters/440 pages of what’s been in my head for the past 15 years.
Book should be ready to sell late this month.
My new website is being reconstructed.

My CTE TRUTH SERIES will be posted to YouTube just prior to book release."

I'm thrilled for Stan to have completed this incredible journey. I've written a book myself so I know how difficult it can be. While I haven't seen the book just yet, I'm looking forward to seeing it and reading it, especially after getting a sneak preview of Stan's CTE Truth Series videos. There are well over a dozen CTE Truth Series Videos that will provide you with more accurate information than ever seen before. The props that Stan uses in the CTE Truth Series videos will dispel many of the inaccuracies that have been posted about CTE in the past as well as help you to visualize exactly how CTE Pro One works and I can only expect the book to be even more definitive.

During this pandemic, I have been fortunate enough to review on my own, videos and magazine articles where some of the world's top players refer to using the Edge of the Cue ball to aim including Efren Reyes and C J Wiley. Stan's Truth series illuminates the secrets of CTE that Hal Houle purposefully failed to provide when he first discussed this aiming system. As most of you know, Hal was known for being devious in explaining CTE and that created a lot of misunderstanding about it. Stan has spent the last 15 years learning those secrets and has explained them better than ever in the CTE Truth Series, which you will be able to watch on YouTube very soon.

For the serious student of the game, the CTE Truth Series by itself will be an eye opener.

I am certain that Stan Shuffett has indeed accurately assembled the details of how CTE Pro One works and how it can improve your game. I can't wait to read his new book. It is likely that this "pool book" will become the pool book of the decade. What a great way to start off the New Year of 2021!

JoeyA

How do I purchase a copy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been waiting on something definitive from Stan for a long time. With Hal gone, Stan is the one that not only knows the system but has proof that he can teach it. Unless the price is more than a poor boy can stand I will buy this book. I do wish that all pool instructional books had a spiral bound version to late flat.

Joey, I think I wished you a Merry Christmas but missed New Years. May it be a wonderful year for you and your family in spite of the curse of covid!

I'll see you soon.

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
“Who knows? I may be totally wrong about pricing and this may be largely a labor of love for Stan. We will see soon I guess.”

Definitely will not replace the traditional “three shortest books” known to man.

After years of back and forth on AZB I think it is safe to say that a short version doesn't get CTE across, much less CTE and Pro One.

I have to respect what Stan was able to do with Landon. He has coached others too, I have no idea who all. I noticed Gerda Hofstedder credited his coaching to kicking her game up after years of second tier performance. Hard to argue that Stan is not the real deal as a coach/instructor. That is enough reason to be curious about what he is teaching.

Hu

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After years of back and forth on AZB I think it is safe to say that a short version doesn't get CTE across, much less CTE and Pro One.

I have to respect what Stan was able to do with Landon. He has coached others too, I have no idea who all. I noticed Gerda Hofstedder credited his coaching to kicking her game up after years of second tier performance. Hard to argue that Stan is not the real deal as a coach/instructor. That is enough reason to be curious about what he is teaching.

Hu
They've brought up Hunter Lombardo and Tyler Styer as proponents. Plans got bushwacked. Granted these guys can play but in watching them, aside from some of the detectable sweeps, what I see is regular pool AND they still get outta line and miss - just like real pool. Srsly though, I must be a glutton for controversy. My take on pool is the physics and mechanics have all been identified and along comes CTE that says forget "line of centers". All you need is three angles and detail on how to adjust. Nevermind that this alone doesn't make sense but the sellers here have sidestepped all queries as to how this is supposed to work. So, once again, how is CTE a direct replacement for pool physics?

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
They've brought up Hunter Lombardo and Tyler Styer as proponents. Plans got bushwacked. Granted these guys can play but in watching them, aside from some of the detectable sweeps, what I see is regular pool AND they still get outta line and miss - just like real pool. Srsly though, I must be a glutton for controversy. My take on pool is the physics and mechanics have all been identified and along comes CTE that says forget "line of centers". All you need is three angles and detail on how to adjust. Nevermind that this alone doesn't make sense but the sellers here have sidestepped all queries as to how this is supposed to work. So, once again, how is CTE a direct replacement for pool physics?

I have competed at many things over the years. Without fail, there were those that were convinced that the basic natural laws didn't apply to something else they believed. Physics applied to the rest of the world but not this! No such thing as pool physics, pool is bound by the same laws as the rest of the universe. However, people can be wrong about the "Why" and right about the "How". One of the smartest men I ever knew was barely literate with maybe a third grade education. He was in my opinion sometimes mistaken about why something worked but if he told you something worked, write it on a rock! He worked at the state laboratory farm and I often thought how peculiar it was that after someone became an undergraduate in agriculture going for a PhD, then they were sent to the laboratory farm for Red with his second or third grade education to teach them how to farm and work with livestock!

Anyway, I have seen both long distance and up close that there is value to CTE for some people. I'm not too concerned about being able to sort the wheat from the chaff but I need time to do it. Having the material in front of me from an authority on the subject will give me that time. As far as I know Stan is the leading expert on CTE. He is certainly the leading expert on Pro One since it is his invention or adaptation.

I am not looking for magic. Perhaps realistic expectations will make Stan's material all the more valuable for me.

Hu

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you've been at it long enough to know what you need. Me, ahmma stay with refining what I know. If you have any epiphanies, please inform us.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have been waiting on something definitive from Stan for a long time. With Hal gone, Stan is the one that not only knows the system but has proof that he can teach it. Unless the price is more than a poor boy can stand I will buy this book. I do wish that all pool instructional books had a spiral bound version to late flat.

Joey, I think I wished you a Merry Christmas but missed New Years. May it be a wonderful year for you and your family in spite of the curse of covid!

I'll see you soon.

Hu
I believe that you and MANY OTHERS will be thrilled with just the Truth Series videos and the book will be the icing on the cake. I just got my first Covid-19 vaccine shot so I am getting itchy but I'm not sure if it is because I want to start playing pool or if it's a by-product of the vaccine. ;-)
I have competed at many things over the years. Without fail, there were those that were convinced that the basic natural laws didn't apply to something else they believed. Physics applied to the rest of the world but not this! No such thing as pool physics, pool is bound by the same laws as the rest of the universe. However, people can be wrong about the "Why" and right about the "How". One of the smartest men I ever knew was barely literate with maybe a third grade education. He was in my opinion sometimes mistaken about why something worked but if he told you something worked, write it on a rock! He worked at the state laboratory farm and I often thought how peculiar it was that after someone became an undergraduate in agriculture going for a PhD, then they were sent to the laboratory farm for Red with his second or third grade education to teach them how to farm and work with livestock!

Anyway, I have seen both long distance and up close that there is value to CTE for some people. I'm not too concerned about being able to sort the wheat from the chaff but I need time to do it. Having the material in front of me from an authority on the subject will give me that time. As far as I know Stan is the leading expert on CTE. He is certainly the leading expert on Pro One since it is his invention or adaptation.

I am not looking for magic. Perhaps realistic expectations will make Stan's material all the more valuable for me.

Hu
Hu,
Tyler Styer plays about as well or better than most of the professional players and here is what Tyler had to say: "

Tyler Styer

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · January 2 at 4:05 PM ·
Stan Shuffett
, I can not express how happy I am for you. I have only the smallest idea on the amount of time and effort you have put into this book. Based on the perfect indent left in your couch, where you sat and did all of your editing, I'd say we're in the few thousand hour range... and that's not including time on the table. We can add another 15 years of that.
Each time I've been to your house, there was a night or two where you would wake up at 2, 3, or 4 AM to hit balls. You put in countless hours testing new ideas, new shots, different variables, and so on. It showed me what dedication truly is. Yours is unmatched... by anyone.
You taught me, in my opinion, the most important part of the game. Having the correct alignment through center ball when you're down on a shot... Knowing what to look at, and why, is truly irreplaceable in the game we play. It's everyone's biggest question... "How do you aim?" Of course you can hit a million balls to learn how to pocket a ball, but I'd rather hit a million balls, doing things your way, every single time. I've come from the inside or outside of every ball I've shot for the last 8 years.
Thank you for answering my questions at all hours of the night for about 4 years... plenty more to come... Not one time did you say, "hey I'll get back to you, I'm busy right now." You were on it every step of the way, and I can't thank you enough for that.
I tried my best to leave you alone for this last stretch. I feel
Hunter Lombardo
did enough talking for the both of us.
😜
Hes been a great addition to the CTE team and its been a pleasure brainstorming with him. I think a tall glass of Barefoot Merlot is in order the next time we all get together in Greensburg.
Connie Colvin Shuffett
, thank you for being so supportive and being Stan's rock every step of the way! Your editing and photography skills won't go unnoticed!! I cant wait to see your work in this book!
Last but not least, I want to thank
Landon Shuffett
for the professionalism he brought to the game as a Jr player, and as a young pro. Without your demeanor and rock solid fundamentals, I wouldn't be where I am today. You were and still are a great role model for myself and many others.
🙏

To my hundreds of students and fans that have had curiosity in CTE in the previous 6 years, thank you for being so patient. I gave Stan my word that I wouldn't teach any new material until his book release. I would have been selling you short letting you spend hard earned money on old information when new material was on the horizon.
If you've read this far, you can truly see how much this old timer means to me, and how much he has impacted me as a person and as a player. Enjoy his free online truth series on YouTube and seriously consider purchasing his book. There's 50 years of experience and 20,000 hours of knowledge packed into this book. He gave 6 years of his life to make it available to you.
This wasn't for money. It was for the love of the game..."

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Joey A: In a match against J Banares, Anton Raga is shown doing an incremental sweep. He took four test strokes in sweeping from far left to far right on the ball. It was a short thin one to the corner that needed lots of outside. Was this CTE or something else?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Joey A: In a match against J Banares, Anton Raga is shown doing an incremental sweep. He took four test strokes in sweeping from far left to far right on the ball. It was a short thin one to the corner that needed lots of outside. Was this CTE or something else?
Stan's sweep has nothing to do with the cue stick. It is a visual sweep. The sweep replaced the manual pivot, which was something definable and shown to be in conflict with physics. The sweep took care of that because it was no longer measurable. Pivoting 1/2 tip with a 10 inch bridge results in something concrete. Sweeping your head into the shot from 4 feet away is hard to measure, but let's see what the book says.

This book has got to be the longest tease in all of publishing. Now we're waiting on the website to be redone? Why couldn't the website have been redesigned sometime over the 3 or 4 years that fans have been patiently waiting on the book to be finalized? Seems like an odd way to do things, but maybe the final result will make the wait worthwhile.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan's sweep has nothing to do with the cue stick. It is a visual sweep. The sweep replaced the manual pivot, which was something definable and shown to be in conflict with physics. The sweep took care of that because it was no longer measurable. Pivoting 1/2 tip with a 10 inch bridge results in something concrete. Sweeping your head into the shot from 4 feet away is hard to measure, but let's see what the book says.

This book has got to be the longest tease in all of publishing. Now we're waiting on the website to be redone? Why couldn't the website have been redesigned sometime over the 3 or 4 years that fans have been patiently waiting on the book to be finalized? Seems like an odd way to do things, but maybe the final result will make the wait worthwhile.

Dan, do you actually think he'll sell you a copy?

Lou Figueroa