Funny pic/gif thread...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started sending PT109!a private message but decided I would man up and post this in public
I dont get it ( insert embarrassed emoj)
Could someone explain it please?🤷‍♂️
I apologize in advance for being a dunce

it's a reference to the movie Deliverance from 1972, one of the best movies ever. in it, the city boys on a canoe trip runs into appalachian locals, some of whom plays banjo and some of whom are into raping city boys

on a side note i played in a short-lived rock band called The Griner Brothers when i was young, also a reference to the appalachian locals in that movie:

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
it's a reference to the movie Deliverance from 1972, one of the best movies ever. in it, the city boys on a canoe trip runs into appalachian locals, some of whom plays banjo and some of whom are into raping city boys
Thanks
I guess i need to watch the movie
I was in college in 1972 and didnt see many movies

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks
I guess i need to watch the movie
I was in college in 1972 and didnt see many movies

i highly recommend you do that. great authenticity, dialogue, theme, score, acting.. and you get to see burt reynolds bow-fishing. not many movies have bow-fishing in it.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
kids.jpg

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

on a side note i played in a short-lived rock band called The Griner Brothers when i was young, also a reference to the appalachian locals in that movie:

Great movie!
Saw that movie with a date.
Not a real good choice for date night in retrospect.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Don't worry...Be happy...

gifs_19.gif
Aboard a friend's sailboat in the Caribbean...needed water. Young (maybe 15) guy at the water dock. My friend began to tell the kid how to tie to the cleat. Kid gave my friend a bit of a scornful look, and did just that! Couldn't stifle my laugh...