question for lou ,pat ,and dan

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
did any of you buy the book to see whats in it before trying to tear it down???
just askin

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
They don’t even watch the free as in beer truth series videos, what makes you think they’ll want to get the book?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I don't think it's entirely fair to criticize them, when Stan has said he won't sell it to them? At least not to Lou.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't check the aiming forum for new posts that often and just saw this. I watched the first 8 truth videos and found it to be more of the same. My interest in the CTE debate is in understanding how a method like this could possibly do the aiming for you simply because the table is 2x1 in dimension. Let's face it. That's the selling point for CTE. They say is it not a magic bullet but what Stan is really saying is that you do not need to know when a shot looks on from of years of trial and error. When Stan says CTE is 100% objective he is dancing around the issue. He should just come out and say what that implies: CTE does the aiming for you. How many here believe that?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding?

You're the biggest poster here.
When CTE people left AZ the aiming forum died and I removed my bookmark to this forum. I only have a bookmark to the 14.1 forum and Ask the Instructor. I just never added the bookmark back in so I only see new posts when I remember to check. Of course I see posts in my email where I've been active.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You must be a real a masochist to deal with all that acronyms ( good lord ), pivoting, eye switching and long winded talk that gets more and more confusing . Good Lord, on a freaking straight-in shot alone. you gotta deal with side of the cueball to blah blah , pivot to center . Don't forget to lead with the left eye then switch to the other eye then go parallax . Don't forget the half tip pivot .

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
You must be a real a masochist to deal with all that acronyms ( good lord ), pivoting, eye switching and long winded talk that gets more and more confusing . Good Lord, on a freaking straight-in shot alone. you gotta deal with side of the cueball to blah blah , pivot to center . Don't forget to lead with the left eye then switch to the other eye then go parallax . Don't forget the half tip pivot .
CTE actually simplifies aiming to a rinse-and-repeat set of steps. Sure if the shot is perfectly dead straight in, aligning center-to-center is easier than CTE. It's all the other angles and banks that complicate traditional target-shooting aiming. With CTE they are all very similar in execution. A few more steps than a perfect straight in shot, but a lot less guessing/estimating with any shot. If that were not true, I would have thrown out the idea years ago.

TBH the execution is not nearly as complicated as you make it out to be. We go into a lot of gritty details in these threads for the purpose of clarity/explanations/completeness, but in reality you don't have to go through all of that consciously once a decent level of proficiency is attainted. When I talk I don't think about every letter of every word, or every phrasing of every sentence I'm speaking. With CTE the choice of perception is quick, seeing SL/AL is quick, and the shot line is right there to see.

Last edited: