To glove or not to glove

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Come on down to south Louisiana where Humidity is always spelled with a capital "H" and I guarantee a lot of non-glove shooters might have to make some changes. Not all, but more than you might imagine. Most pool shooters up north have low humidity and their bridge hand is usually dry enough to shoot both wood and CF w/o a glove. Down here I can shoot w/o a glove in some of the winter months when the humidity is low but I always wear a glove to maintain consistency.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on down to south Louisiana where Humidity is always spelled with a capital "H" and I guarantee a lot of non-glove shooters might have to make some changes. Not all, but more than you might imagine. Most pool shooters up north have low humidity and their bridge hand is usually dry enough to shoot both wood and CF w/o a glove. Down here I can shoot w/o a glove in some of the winter months when the humidity is low but I always wear a glove to maintain consistency.

We have air conditioning in Florida... 😁

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chalky fingers prove to the wife you were out shooting pool. Duh. :)

I always keep a cube of chalk in every vehicle. That way if I get side tracked for a few hours I can put a couple blue chalk marks on my shirt about table top high.

"Where the hell have you been???"

"Girl. I can't lie. I have been making wild passionate freaky love to a beautiful blond for hours."

"Ha! I see that chalk on your shirt. You have been down at the pool hall with those bums again!"

"Can't fool you no matter how hard I try. You got me."

Hu

Armour

Registered
Any recommendations on a glove for large hands? The reason I ask is because I wear a 3X golf glove and I only see 2X pool glove. I know they will stretch but that may be a bit much for a stretch.

terpdad

Registered
I have a glove on the way. I would prefer not to use one & probably won't most days, but sometimes my basement gets awfully humid & the shaft catches on my bridge hand.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I wasn’t addicted to playing with a glove. I try to keep my cloth perfectly clean. And the glove leaves Little pieces of black lint.

Rusty in Montana

Up here in what's called high alpine dessert we get humidity at times but nothing like in the south .
I've tried a glove when they first came out and I just didn't like the feel or lack of when I was playing pool .
I'd rather just wash my hands and wipe down my cue with a clean handkerchief ha ha feel free to call me old school I'm ok with that .

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We use a glove, but mainly due to CF getting gritty and such during gameplay. Yes, you can wipe down the CF anytime, but with a glove, we can play a full tournament without the need to wipe it down. And the consistent feel and smoothness is there. My son Jin has hands that get very sweaty so he needs one regardless.