2021 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

JC

Coos Cues
Eeked one out tonight 7-6 after blowing a big lead got 3 straight to close out Casper. Huge lucky extra rail bank in the last rack after I screwed it up.

It's a study in poor aiming, poor decision making, poor positional play and luck. Don't look to me for a role model kids.

I make small errors repeatedly that keep me from the next level. At least 4 maybe 5 of my losses were snatched from the jaws of victory late in the rack due to various problems in my execution. A slightly better player would have probably only lost one of these racks due to bad layout. Maybe even none as the balls were breaking well.

Been without my contact lens' for a week or so due to severe eye allergies so this one was mostly blind.

Anyone with constructive advice for me I'm all ears and no ego at this point.

Had to re upload muted, the music studios didn't liky my playlist

Last edited:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I posted that I haven’t been playing much pool so I decided to try and start practicing some. A couple days ago while hitting some balls I decided to play the 9 ball ghost a set to 7. Never even thought about recording it. After a couple blown outs and a miscue I found myself down 3-6.

I told myself “ you only need 4 in a row”. I run 3 in a row to get to 6-6. Break and the balls roll out perfect. I run to the 5 when my 3 year old granddaughter walks in. While I’m making the 6 she get her little stool and stands next to the table right by the 7. The 8 was right in the middle of the table and I was deciding whether to play for the side or the corner. I walk over to check the angle. I tell her don’t touch the balls. As I’m walking back she grins and rolls the 7 into the 8 it goes into the cue ball. I laughed and told her she had just saved poppa from the ghost.

JC

Coos Cues
Had the ghost 3-0 last night then I fell apart. Then 4-4 when I got a couple to get to 6-4. Then I fell apart again and lost 7-6.

I am a 609 fargo. The ghost by my best estimate is around 620.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So......I have been playing with the Tiger Sniper tip and found out the SVB plays with a HOW medium tip (ya right) so I ordered 2 HOW tips and my buddy is a cue maker and a cue repair guy so he installed the tips on my cues. I have 3 Synergy cues, my buddy install the two HOW tips and he installed a Kamaikaze Elite tip on my 3rd cue. There is absolutely no way in hell that SVB is using a HOW tip. Worst tip I have ever played with so I grabbed he cue with the Kamaikaze Elite tip and........Holy Balls......This tip is amazing. I started shooting just as well as I was with the Tiger Sniper tip and each day my game has improved. I believe I've found the magical tip. LOL. I played for 2 hours tonight and shot very well. Played the ghost in 9-Ball and won 7-1 then played the ghost in 10-Ball and won 7-1. Had some amazing runouts and amazing shots. Unbelievable control with the Kamaikaze Elite tip.

Here are the two videos, hope you enjoy.

(37) 29-Mar-2021 9-Ball Ghost Challenge 7-1 Win - YouTube

(37) 29-Mar -2021 10-Ball Ghost Challenge Win 7-1 - YouTube

JC

Coos Cues
So......I have been playing with the Tiger Sniper tip and found out the SVB plays with a HOW medium tip (ya right) so I ordered 2 HOW tips and my buddy is a cue maker and a cue repair guy so he installed the tips on my cues. I have 3 Synergy cues, my buddy install the two HOW tips and he installed a Kamaikaze Elite tip on my 3rd cue. There is absolutely no way in hell that SVB is using a HOW tip. Worst tip I have ever played with so I grabbed he cue with the Kamaikaze Elite tip and........Holy Balls......This tip is amazing. I started shooting just as well as I was with the Tiger Sniper tip and each day my game has improved. I believe I've found the magical tip. LOL. I played for 2 hours tonight and shot very well. Played the ghost in 9-Ball and won 7-1 then played the ghost in 10-Ball and won 7-1. Had some amazing runouts and amazing shots. Unbelievable control with the Kamaikaze Elite tip.

Here are the two videos, hope you enjoy.

(37) 29-Mar-2021 9-Ball Ghost Challenge 7-1 Win - YouTube

(37) 29-Mar -2021 10-Ball Ghost Challenge Win 7-1 - YouTube
I liked the old brown Kamikaze tips better than the elite but the supplier dried up. You could install them and say they were kamui unless someone knew to count the layers.

On a related note you could probably beat the ghost with a mop handle.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked the old brown Kamikaze tips better than the elite but the supplier dried up. You could install them and say they were kamui unless someone knew to count the layers.

😂😂😂 thanks bro! My buddy ordered 10 Kamikaze platinum tips, and 10 premium brown tips. He wants me to compare all 3. I'll let everyone know which one plays the best.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Ya I agree... For how often you ended up real good on the 1 in the 10 ball set, you really should kick it up to the "Pro" ghost.

I don't break well enough for the pro-ghost so I baby stepped it to BIH only if I don't have a viable opening shot, don't count luck, (which by all accounts doesn't happen all that often anyway), and 10 ball last, so no combo/carom winners.

That's the way we play the game locally, so opted to follow the same rules with my ghost challenges. Seeing as push-outs aren't a ghost option, I replace them with the BIH.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't played in a couple months. Here I go! I will post my scores soon. Videos if sets are any good.

Edit:
First set lost 1-7.
Second set lost 0-7.
Third set lost 3-7. Last set starting now.
Fourth and final set lost 3-7.

Conclusion: Dennis vs Sky powerhouse runout osmosis does not work;)

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the ghost 3-0 last night then I fell apart. Then 4-4 when I got a couple to get to 6-4. Then I fell apart again and lost 7-6.

I am a 609 fargo. The ghost by my best estimate is around 620.
I think the ghost is closer to 650, maybe 680.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow pool players. So I decided that it is way too much pressure trying to 7-0 the ghost so I've decided to just play to beat the ghost and post my victories. Should be at least one post per week.

Here's a challenge where I missed in the first rack then ran 6 straight and missed a shot I usually never miss then ran out the next rack for a 7-2 win.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Hello fellow pool players. So I decided that it is way too much pressure trying to 7-0 the ghost so I've decided to just play to beat the ghost and post my victories. Should be at least one post per week.
I'll maintain that I think you play too strong to play the normal ghost. Don't worry about the 7-0 and just switch it up to 'pro' ghost.

It's basically no BIH after break, and a foul is a loss. It's really the only way the 9b ghost is much of a challenge. ...and if nothing else it provides you with a real world measure on how you'd put racks together against a real opponent.

When I do play 10b ghost, I do so with my own 'semi-pro' rules. If I have an open shot on the 1 then I won't use the BIH. I usually lose but that's due to very difficult shape to the 2, and my weak assed break....lol