World Cup Of Pool (9-14 May2021) $250K Prizemoney

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the chances anyone is gambling on pinball or the arcade fighting game between matches?

1620732668598.png

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Thanks for that. I stand corrected.

.... but the point is that Matchroom was strapped, because teams dropped out at the last second before the event. That they still managed to fill the field was really quite remarkable.
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Canada's replacements for Alex and John were on route to the event when covid protocols stranded one player in Toronto. He had already flown to Toronto for his connecting flight to England. Before boarding the second flight he was asked to produce his negative covid test for the second time. Unfortunately the test results were now packed with his luggage and already on the plane. They denied to access to the second flight.

Normally you don't gain access to your checked baggage between connecting flights. I travel internationally a decent amount so I'm hazarding a guess and saying what probably happened was his full size carry on was with him as he flew to Toronto, but while waiting to board the flight to England they asked for all willing to check their carry on at the gate, (that happens a lot). This is most likely where the mishap happened.

I realize it's old news, but I can't imagine how this player feels. Not only did he drop everything in a moment's notice in an 'all for not' effort, but his teammate was supposedly already on the plane expecting to play for the first time on the world stage.

Reactions: sjm

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Canada's replacements for Alex and John were on route to the event when covid protocols stranded one player in Toronto. He had already flown to Toronto for his connecting flight to England. Before boarding the second flight he was asked to produce his negative covid test for the second time. Unfortunately the test results were now packed with his luggage and already on the plane. They denied to access to the second flight.

Normally you don't gain access to your checked baggage between connecting flights. I travel internationally a decent amount so I'm hazarding a guess and saying what probably happened was his full size carry on was with him as he flew to Toronto, but while waiting to board the flight to England they asked for all willing to check their carry on at the gate, (that happens a lot). This is most likely where the mishap happened.

I realize it's old news, but I can't imagine how this player feels. Not only did he drop everything in a moment's notice in an 'all for not' effort, but his teammate was supposedly already on the plane expecting to play for the first time on the world stage.
Wow! That's a sad story.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, cool cat Slovakia fights back to win hill hill after Czech had them on ropes. That final rack may be rack of the tournament so far.
Clearly underrated, this rookie lowest ranked Slovakia pair are through to quarterfinals.

USA v Australia up next about 1 hour from now
Then Great Britain C Appleton /Boyes v South Africa
The last match will be an interesting one Great Britain A (Shaw/Melling) vs the belles of Belarus :D

bel.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Netherlands looks best to this point, but I'm rooting for all the underdogs, especially Slovakia.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Pagulayan has also withdrawn from the World Pool Masters. Billy Thorpe will take his place.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any ranking that has Majid higher than Roberto Gomez is obviously flawed not mention Melling lower as well???

yep, old merits. same with mark gray, mike dechaine, etc.

(boyes still not the best they could throw out there, but i assume him being quarantined and tested played a part in that decision)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any ranking that has Majid higher than Roberto Gomez is obviously flawed not mention Melling lower as well???
Yep Majid is overrated there just like how he overrates himself. His supreme confidence in his own abilities is more like arrogance. It is a blessing he is not playing or commentating. :ROFLMAO: