Pool Pitch: Pool the cleanest sport.

L.S. Dennis

Years ago some pool rooms (upscale rooms admittedly) used to have little sinks stationed at each table. Most likely cost prohibited at most pool rooms but what a great idea.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Years ago some pool rooms (upscale rooms admittedly) used to have little sinks stationed at each table. Most likely cost prohibited at most pool rooms but what a great idea.
Yeah but its also tough to play pool with damp hands. Even when drying off well it seems to take a few minutes before your hands completely dry and the cue doesn't feel "sticky" anymore.

OneHandedBreak

No handed breaks too
Depends on whether or not you subscribe to germ theory...

Quick, name another species that worries about this crap to the point of injecting each other with toxins to stay healthy? I'm waiting...

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Depends on whether or not you subscribe to germ theory...

Quick, name another species that worries about this crap to the point of injecting each other with toxins to stay healthy? I'm waiting...
There is a bigger explanation to it

But Rappacini's daughter (classic literature) sums it up.

Growing up in a poisonous garden to develop immunity to the toxins. The species being plants as the answer.

Sounds like most people from NYC.

Pool is the most multi-generational sport. You should expect an shaky old man/woman to be as good in pool as a young 20 something.

I would dare to say pool is the sport easiest to think you are good at it, without actually being good at it.

You make one draw shot, you can make any draw shot.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
There is a bigger explanation to it

But Rappacini's daughter (classic literature) sums it up.

Growing up in a poisonous garden to develop immunity to the toxins. The species being plants as the answer.

Sounds like most people from NYC.

Pool is the most multi-generational sport. You should expect an shaky old man/woman to be as good in pool as a young 20 something.

Your reply is strange❓❓❓❓❓

justnum

Silver Member
Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pool has been plagued for years with bad incidents, that give the sport a black eye.

Until Pool is all under one organization, it will have problems.

justnum

Silver Member
Pool has been plagued for years with bad incidents, that give the sport a black eye.

Until Pool is all under one organization, it will have problems.

Sounds like a group of people that aren't easily controlled. That is an asset in some situations.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
It's probably because they aren't easily controlled that they're all so unclean :(

justnum

Silver Member
So what do you personally plan to do to make Pool better❓❓❓❓❓❓

I have been promoting it and trying to drive traffic into pool rooms or pool events.

Recruiting for a pool room is not easy. The wait is long, the results are less satisfying.

A re imagining of pool is needed. I got some personal projects to help with but progress is slow.

eg9327

Most sports involve players touching something on the floor or being in a field.
Sports that spread germs quickly.

Billiards is one the few sports you can compete in and not really need to change clothes when you are done.

In billiards most equipment is kept spotless. Clean habits are practiced during the game as well, pros clean their cue often.

How is billiards different than traditional American past times? Main idea

I have writers bloc anyone have a pick
I play mostly at bars. The equipment is rarely pristine. The tables are dirty and so are the balls. I sanitize after every game. I believe you re incorrect.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been promoting it and trying to drive traffic into pool rooms or pool events.

Recruiting for a pool room is not easy. The wait is long, the results are less satisfying.

A re imagining of pool is needed. I got some personal projects to help with but progress is slow.
I'm sure they are thrilling.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Just keep doing what you're doing, standing on the sidewalk outside.
Given the option of approaching you or taking the nearest escape route, the rooms will soon have plenty of people. Even if they never heard of billiards in their life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-132115__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-132115__01.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 42

justnum

Silver Member

I discovered a beautiful model to make pool art with.

But it seems most pool players want pics of guys at the pool table.

Is there a hidden meaning to this? Are most pool players interested in same sex relations? Every pool room I go to its like a teenagers room with posters of men, sometimes I think I am in a horny teenage girls room because of all the posters of men.

I am asking if I make a bunch of prints to give out, would pool players in general rather have a pic of a man or a woman.

I plan to get a booth a billiard expo and sell stuff.

I have videos, tutorials, cue wraps, cue sleeves, shot diagrams and other computer aids for billiard instruction.

Cleaning up the sport starts with putting new product out there.

justnum

Silver Member
We've seen your cue wraps, videos and tutorials.

you havent seen the newest socially minded billiards technology. i should have a sales demo ready for juneteenth.

i will give you a promo code for early access. thanks for sharing

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you havent seen the newest socially minded billiards technology. i should have a sales demo ready for juneteenth.

i will give you a promo code for early access. thanks for sharing