Do you carry your own cue ball to pool halls??

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I carry 3. When the table is open, I use an Aramith Super Pro red logo ball. Occasionally, at one location, we use two tables. In that case, I have two Aramith Red Circle balls.... that way there are no complaints about using different cue balls from one table to the other.

Of course, it's up to the home team/location on what equipment is to be used.

Last edited:

Scrunge19

Registered
I have two setups that I take to different places. My road cue/case goes to bars, restaurants, etc. and has a spare cue ball in it. My other case has my custom cues in it and doesn't have a cue ball since i know the pool hall has quality equipment.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if you want to be prepared to deal with different condition, play with what is at the pool room, bar, or sports bar. Might give you more experence.

Reactions: Pin

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Our LO was very proud of his new measle cue ball that he brought to the pool hall. The problem was that it was significantly larger than all of the object balls which had worn down over the years.

I take my own complete set of balls, usually.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two setups that I take to different places. My road cue/case goes to bars, restaurants, etc. and has a spare cue ball in it. My other case has my custom cues in it and doesn't have a cue ball since i know the pool hall has quality equipment.
Yep, that's me- no way a $2000 cue goes into a bar, or my custom cases either. One trip to a smoking bar and your Linen wrap and case interior are done forever - however I never carry any spare cue balls in any of my cases.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found myself shopping for one of the kids at the mall and there's a store that sells some crappy tables and various video machines, and I happened to see a measle ball in the display case so I grabbed it and put it in my case. So now I'm that freaking nerd.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should I get one??

I take my own set, minty fresh, out of the Diamond ball polisher.

Sometimes Cenetenials, sometimes Super Aramith. I also take two RC CBs. One is to practice and play 1pocket and 14.1. The other is for the rare 9ball match I might encounter. Then I switch to the udder CB so the udder guy can chew it up with his break cue and phenolic tip.

Lou Figueroa

PracticeChampion

Years ago when I played alot of leagues several of us carried our own cue ball. Our side of town used good balls but the other bars across town used heavy mud balls, almost zero English could be used. There bar there rules so we wasn't always able to use ours but many welcomed a good ball

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you can practice all you want with whatever you want. but when i play you are never going to use your own balls.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis - brand new Dynsphere Bronze
Any other cloth - slightly used Cyclop Zeus

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fact,I keep 2. One of them is a Red Circle I raised from a marble ;). The other,depending on where I'm going could either be a nice clean bar table ball,or the normal Aramith Pro Cup or measle ball. Tommy D.
That made me spit coffee.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Should I get one??
Yes... cheapest insurance you can buy when playing away from home.

I carry a full set of tournaments with a measles CB. Only break out the set if there's action. The CB only if I managed to luck in to one of the garbage sets within the pool room. The original tournament CB stays at home so I don't have to worry about my opponent's break/jump having a some diamond encrusted phenolic tip messing it up.