REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Major advances have been made in facial recognition technology. They could use current tech and know quickly about similar faces of different people.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Ocean City the place were crime happened, has limited resources. Dollars & Cents.

I am sure they hope suspect is snagged, so they can go get.

But I am sure case is open, but new crimes are more priority.

I live near a large AZ City who has all sorts of missing person cases. Only 2 Detetives work all cases, and they get more cases weekly.

I know this as family friends son is missing over 5 years. His truck also went missing.

Best guess is he is dead, dumped in desert, and truck went south of US Border.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Ocean SPRINGS is comitted to solving this case. The case is OPEN and being worked. Think positive thoughts. Mike was one in a million in many ways. The fact we are all so involved in his case is testament to his character. His many, many friends will not rest easy until his murderer is found and punished.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Ocean SPRINGS is comitted to solving this case. The case is OPEN and being worked. Think positive thoughts. Mike was one in a million in many ways. The fact we are all so involved in his case is testament to his character. His many, many friends will not rest easy until his murderer is found and punished.
I am sure the Ocean City PD works ever lead they get, but I am sure they do not get a lot of leads. I would think they are waiting for some police agency to call say we're think we got your suspect. Or they have contact with someone match discription. Case is over 10 years old, so it is a waiting game.

Pool players are in Pool Rooms, Bars with Pool Tables, someone hopefull see the suspect, calls local Cops, and say I think we have a guy wanted for murder where I am at now. Then hopefully the local Cops will come, and find out if indeed the suspect was found.

Lots of big cases are just one good tip away from catching a prime suspect.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I believe the suspect knows to stay out of the billiards bars & arenas knowing we players are looking for him.
I suggest look for him around at other sports events.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Stupid people make mistake, and redo old habits. Smart people can change, and lead new lives. One mistake is all it will take to catch the suspect.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This guy may be in jail somewhere right now. Maybe he is stupid enough to talk to a cell mate. He also may be too smart to do that. Best chance might be a former girl friend, and then again he may be a loner. If a perp keeps his mouth shut it can be very hard to catch him.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This guy may be in jail somewhere right now. Maybe he is stupid enough to talk to a cell mate. He also may be too smart to do that. Best chance might be a former girl friend, and then again he may be a loner. If a perp keeps his mouth shut it can be very hard to catch him.

Well I understand there is a reward, money motivate people, people like money, if the information is put infont of enought people, the guy will be caught, unless dead.

Communication that the guy is wanted, and anyone turning in get reward. If convicted, could be problem, the conviction. Then turner inner gets nothing but credit for catch suspect.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone was going to talk it would have happened by now. Homicides by drifter types are rarely solved and adding 10yrs to the equation makes it even less likely. This is the definition of a 'cold case'.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If someone was going to talk it would have happened by now. Homicides by drifter types are rarely solved and adding 10yrs to the equation makes it even less likely. This is the definition of a 'cold case'.

Truth..........very cold. Not saying never to be solved, just unlikely. Unibomber only got caught because someone recognized the message he rote.

Unibomber was very sharpe excentrick person, but got caught because of mistake.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth..........very cold. Not saying never to be solved, just unlikely. Unibomber only got caught because someone recognized the message he rote.

His brother.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I understand there is a reward, money motivate people, people like money, if the information is put infont of enought people, the guy will be caught, unless dead.

Communication that the guy is wanted, and anyone turning in get reward. If convicted, could be problem, the conviction. Then turner inner gets nothing but credit for catch suspect.
I have a standing offer of $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderer of Mike Surber!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Jay I hope you have to make that offer good.

Means someone else will pay for murder.

Mike's killer will be put away.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Surber's brother, Steve, has put up a $10,000 reward for info leading to info & arrest of Mike's murderer.

We have also opened a "Go Fund Me" account for donations to add to the reward. We are hoping that folks who can spare a few bucks will sweeten the pot so as to re-kindle and sharpen interest in the apprehension of this suspect. The account is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-find-...m_89_2&rcid=r01-151249854321-634f1936b01f47b2

Steve also has put up a PayPal account for those who prefer that method of donation: paypal.me/pools/c/7ZRWK4xBkh

If the URLs don't link, please copy/paste it into your browser.

In addition the FBI "Seeking Information" page, which also includes a poster for download, is: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

There is also a Face Book page started by Ray Hansen called "Catch a Killer":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

Please forward this information to your friends. Thank you!

Thanks to JAM and my wife for their involvement in this cause which is dear to us all.

~Doc

I’m assuming that law enforcement (the FBI) has looked into similar cases of murder, assault and robbery that have the same if not a similar fact situation as the Surber case. In other words is this a stand alone set of facts or is this a pattern or script the murderer followed or follows.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I’m assuming that law enforcement (the FBI) has looked into similar cases of murder, assault and robbery that have the same if not a

similar fact situation as the Surber case. In other words is this a stand alone set of facts or is this a pattern or script the murderer followed or follows.

If you ask Cops, or F.B.I., I am sure answer will be can not comment. On going investigation.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to wonder if this guy somehow got his karma somewhere else. Maybe he tried to rob the wrong guy and got himself killed. I do know one thing. That this type of crime will work every time until the last time, when it doesn't work, and it backfires on them. Been a lot of bad guys who got done in by their "victim." Especially now, when so many people are packing concealed.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to wonder if this guy somehow got his karma somewhere else. Maybe he tried to rob the wrong guy and got himself killed. I do know one thing. That this type of crime will work every time until the last time, when it doesn't work, and it backfires on them. Been a lot of bad guys who got done in by their "victim." Especially now, when so many people are packing concealed.

The hardcore guys tend to run together and often end up preying on each other. I strongly suspect the guy is a career criminal. Makes me think he is probably locked up on another charge or met the fate he deserved even if not at a deserving hand. If only for more perfect justice, I hope he met an end from a would be victim. If he met his end from a fellow felon he is just as dead but not as perfect karma.

Hu

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

His sister in law read his manifesto and showed his brother and both recognized the Unibomber's style and beliefs.
There are currently 68 unsolved homicides in my state and we're #47 population wise.