The only video you need about aiming.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Barton.
I enjoy watching you put a leash on the "French Poodle".....now if you can stick a muzzle on him also, you'll have a well trained and disciplined pup.
(watch The Poodle or The White say something about "Harmonica Low is being disrespectful"). As usual in their mundane little worlds, they're permitted to dish it out, but then whine like pups when they get it back.
French Poodle needs distemper shots though. Take him to the vet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(Regards from "Harmonica Low")
View attachment 597670
Joe - I actually like your posts. I read them every chance I get. One little correction, though. It's Harmonica Low Joe, not just Harmonica Low. ;)

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's happening for me tonight...!!! :)

Going to hit balls with one of top shots in the nation. Maybe we'll mix it up a bit. Battles are good when he's a quart low and I'm in gear...lol

I hope you had a great winning night!

This game can be brutal on those rare days when you can't seem to do anything right. I have a choice between two tournaments today, not sure which one I'll do: 9ball, king of the hill format or 8ball race to 2 double elimination. The 9ball is open to all players, the 8ball is just for A players. I don't like king the of hill tournaments and I don't like a quick race to 2! But I like playing, so I'm going to pick one. I think there's more money in the 9ball tournament, and it's close to the house. So.... hell, I don't know. 🤔

All I know is I'll be playing pool for about 12 hours today, rather than participating in any AZ Billiards Aiming Forum entertainment. You peeps have a great weekend.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
JV wants to see a straight pool run. You make a video of your highest run in the coming week and I will as well. We post them at high noon Oklahoma time on Friday and if yours is higher I will send you $100. If mine is higher I will simply say there you go.

Then we can do some bank pool and bet $20 a rail...... The proof will be on the table....
Just when I thought we were going to put all the bs behind us John. I wanted to see some of your straight pool game because I thought I may be able to pick up on the CTE pivots/sweeps I've read about. Nothing nefarious about it, just what I thought was general interest in your game.

However there I was this morning, sitting on my couch catching up on my AZB interest, drinking a coffee with ~4hrs sleep and I stumble across this. I was out last night till 4am, playing at one of the local halls that will be closing permanently next friday. Another casualty of covid lock downs unfortunately. Drank more than I usually would and tipped the owner waaaay more than any reasonable person would have, but we were teammates and they're moving to the East coast, so last night was the night.

Figured why not... I just happened to move my el'cheapo security camera back into the table room, so let's make a 14.1 video. It's uploading now, and about a 1/3 of the way there so I'll probably wait to post this until it's done. I'll take on your 14.1 challenge but lets make this fun. We both have till your "high noon" deadline to post our best effort between now and then. I'll assume the honour system for not posting something from prior to this challenge being made. Anyways... High Noon this upcoming friday. Highest run wins, cue ball fouls only, honour system. Winner gets to choose where the loser makes a charitable donation for the amount of $100. What do you say...? We can have some fun and a needy cause gets the benefit.

I know we're both busy with the various aspects of life so how about we don't keep our efforts in our back pocket till the deadline. That way we don't burn excessive time chasing our own numbers and the rest of the group can enjoy the battle throughout the week. Your call, but I'll update when it's note worthy...

My effort this morning was a 56. I screwed up on the count, so ignore the '57' in the video. An unfortunate habit I have when tallying 14.1...lol. The run also starts after a missed shot. Not sure if you want to make it a stipulation that it must begin with a typical break shot or not. Etiher way I'm cool with it and we can disqualify my run from this morning.

As far as the bank pool challenge goes. You have me at serious disadvantage. My table is really slow and the rails are for the most part dead. Combine that with not really being much of a bank player...lol. Well, the $20 a rail could get out of hand real quick 😨 I'll have to pass on that one.

If that means you would prefer not to do the 14.1, that's cool.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yawn all you want to. Mohrt and others have posted banking videos. I did a live video where mohrt called out the aiming and I made the ball in multiple pockets from the same position.

You can and do find a way to be negative about everything cte. And just be honest about implying Stan is a fraud. You have and continue to.

Also for the record, Stan has zero obligation to disclose jack shit about his playing experience but he has fully disclosed it or else you wouldn't know about it.

Again, the proof is on the table. Maybe with cte someone can learn to bank at a championship level in five years instead of ten.
I get it. You are a good friend of Stan's and you know where he's coming from so you trust him. I don't think he is a charlatan and I've said that many times. I do believe he is wrong about how CTE is supposed to work and his explanations are really guesses and should not be used as selling points.

People who do not know Stan from shinola deserve an independent demonstration from people who are not banking champions. Not hard to understand, really. What is a more powerful endorsement for JB Cases -- JB saying how great they are or some guy who just bought a case?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
JV wants to see a straight pool run. You make a video of your highest run in the coming week and I will as well. We post them at high noon Oklahoma time on Friday and if yours is higher I will send you $100. If mine is higher I will simply say there you go.
Figured why not... I just happened to move my el'cheapo security camera back into the table room, so let's make a 14.1 video. It's uploading now, and about a 1/3 of the way there so I'll probably wait to post this until it's done. I'll take on your 14.1 challenge but lets make this fun. We both have till your "high noon" deadline to post our best effort between now and then. I'll assume the honour system for not posting something from prior to this challenge being made. Anyways... High Noon this upcoming friday. Highest run wins, cue ball fouls only, honour system. Winner gets to choose where the loser makes a charitable donation for the amount of $100. What do you say...? We can have some fun and a needy cause gets the benefit.

My effort this morning was a 56.
You there Huckleberry...? ;)

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Just when I thought we were going to put all the bs behind us John. I wanted to see some of your straight pool game because I thought I may be able to pick up on the CTE pivots/sweeps I've read about. Nothing nefarious about it, just what I thought was general interest in your game.

However there I was this morning, sitting on my couch catching up on my AZB interest, drinking a coffee with ~4hrs sleep and I stumble across this. I was out last night till 4am, playing at one of the local halls that will be closing permanently next friday. Another casualty of covid lock downs unfortunately. Drank more than I usually would and tipped the owner waaaay more than any reasonable person would have, but we were teammates and they're moving to the East coast, so last night was the night.

I know we're both busy with the various aspects of life so how about we don't keep our efforts in our back pocket till the deadline. That way we don't burn excessive time chasing our own numbers and the rest of the group can enjoy the battle throughout the week. Your call, but I'll update when it's note worthy...

My effort this morning was a 56. I screwed up on the count, so ignore the '57' in the video. An unfortunate habit I have when tallying 14.1...lol. The run also starts after a missed shot. Not sure if you want to make it a stipulation that it must begin with a typical break shot or not. Etiher way I'm cool with it and we can disqualify my run from this morning.

As far as the bank pool challenge goes. You have me at serious disadvantage. My table is really slow and the rails are for the most part dead. Combine that with not really being much of a bank player...lol. Well, the $20 a rail could get out of hand real quick 😨 I'll have to pass on that one.

Are those cues in the background Dufferins? I have a few that look really similar. Great playing cues but I wish they were about 2" longer.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Are those cues in the background Dufferins? I have a few that look really similar. Great playing cues but I wish they were about 2" longer.
The full length house cues...? Ya, they usually get thrown in when you buy a table from a retailer around these parts. Most have some level of bend in them. I'm not blaming the quality of the cues themselves. In their former lives they lived in a less then adequately climate controlled home.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The full length house cues...? Ya, they usually get thrown in when you buy a table from a retailer around these parts. Most have some level of bend in them. I'm not blaming the quality of the cues themselves. In their former lives they lived in a less then adequately cilmate controlled home.
I have several, about 2/10 are straight. You could use about 6 more "off the wall" without the warp bothering you, pretty slight. 2 have been put on bridge stick duty as they are severely warped. It's a shame that these tend to warp, but if you ever find a straight one they make great sticks.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I get it. You are a good friend of Stan's and you know where he's coming from so you trust him. I don't think he is a charlatan and I've said that many times. I do believe he is wrong about how CTE is supposed to work and his explanations are really guesses and should not be used as selling points.

People who do not know Stan from shinola deserve an independent demonstration from people who are not banking champions. Not hard to understand, really. What is a more powerful endorsement for JB Cases -- JB saying how great they are or some guy who just bought a case?
JB saying how great they are because JB has dissected just about every type of case made to learn how to make better cases. Some guy who just bought a case has only the finished product and likely little experience with cases. While testimonials from users is certainly great instruction from a master case maker is better. I have had people tell me that they were completely unaware of what goes into making a good case before they came across my videos showing how cases are built.

Let me try to explain this to you again why what you are saying is disingenuous.

Literally no one is "buying" CTE because of claims that it "only" works on a 2x1 table. No one is buying it because they think it is 100% objective. No one is buying it because it "connects to the geometry of the table". People try CTE and perhaps purchase the only things they can purchase which would be the DVDs Stan made or the book he just wrote because they are interested in learning a reliably accurate method of aiming. The claims I just listed are not material to the steps required to use the system. If those claims never existed then the process would still be exactly the same.

So when you choose to nitpick those claims, which you find "unbelievable" then you do cast doubt on the system. When you choose to find things like Stan's banking experience and turn that into a negative by implying that he is able to make the bank shots he is demonstrating without a system due to his bank pool experience you ARE accusing him of misleading the public and misleading the public IS fraud. You are introducing doubt.

And please don't make me search the now hundreds of posts to find where you definitely implied that Stan is acting fraudulently. You even mentioned the cost of the book and said that it's not right to take money without full disclosure.

I don't trust Stan because I like him. I trust him because what he taught me works. I like him because he has persevered on this project far longer and with a deeper dedication than any other student of Hal's. I personally think that CTE is a gift to pocket billiards players and something that wouldn't have ever been more than a passing thought in a tiny circle without Hal putting his mind to work and discovering these aiming methods that eventually became the much more refined Center to Edge aiming system through Stan's efforts. I see what Stan has done to try and understand the how and why and I admire that journey to help pool players everywhere. I like Stan because he puts up great content for free and no one has to pay him to have a question answered. Stan is my friend because we both share the goal of wanting pool to thrive and we both understand how it feels to be knocked in pursuit of sharing knowledge that is unconventional and uncomfortable.

I like Stan because he never stopped looking to make CTE better when he could have stopped 7 years ago and what was known then was still very powerful and accurate. I like people who are into continuous improvement. I like people who understand the difference between practicality and speculation. I trust Stan because he has never steered me wrong. I like him because despite my obvious "unfitness" to demonstrate CTE perfectly he is still gracious and generous with his time.

Take Stan out of the equation though and the question I have is does CTE work practically and consistently? Yes it does. Take out the claims you harp on and does that change how CTE works? No it doesn't. And really that's what matters here.

I can't wait until I have my table fully set up and can resume making videos in the comfort of my own shop again. I plan to do several to go over these points.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

HUH? I was talking to Dan and not to you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Again I wasn't challenging you. I was challenging Dan. I don't even have a table to do this on this past week. I will however find one to do it on in the coming week.

I am not one of those people who disqualifies a run because it started after a missed shot or was started with a break shot.

I am also not one of those people who goes back on their word so when I said we are good then I meant it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My apologies John... I saw my initials (JV) and just assumed from there. It was a rough morning for me so I'm not surprised at my mistake...🥴
No problem whatsoever. Hard to keep straight who said what in these mega-threads. Nice run though!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB saying how great they are because JB has dissected just about every type of case made to learn how to make better cases. Some guy who just bought a case has only the finished product and likely little experience with cases. While testimonials from users is certainly great instruction from a master case maker is better. I have had people tell me that they were completely unaware of what goes into making a good case before they came across my videos showing how cases are built.

Let me try to explain this to you again why what you are saying is disingenuous.

Literally no one is "buying" CTE because of claims that it "only" works on a 2x1 table. No one is buying it because they think it is 100% objective. No one is buying it because it "connects to the geometry of the table". People try CTE and perhaps purchase the only things they can purchase which would be the DVDs Stan made or the book he just wrote because they are interested in learning a reliably accurate method of aiming. The claims I just listed are not material to the steps required to use the system. If those claims never existed then the process would still be exactly the same.

So when you choose to nitpick those claims, which you find "unbelievable" then you do cast doubt on the system. When you choose to find things like Stan's banking experience and turn that into a negative by implying that he is able to make the bank shots he is demonstrating without a system due to his bank pool experience you ARE accusing him of misleading the public and misleading the public IS fraud. You are introducing doubt.

And please don't make me search the now hundreds of posts to find where you definitely implied that Stan is acting fraudulently. You even mentioned the cost of the book and said that it's not right to take money without full disclosure.

I don't trust Stan because I like him. I trust him because what he taught me works. I like him because he has persevered on this project far longer and with a deeper dedication than any other student of Hal's. I personally think that CTE is a gift to pocket billiards players and something that wouldn't have ever been more than a passing thought in a tiny circle without Hal putting his mind to work and discovering these aiming methods that eventually became the much more refined Center to Edge aiming system through Stan's efforts. I see what Stan has done to try and understand the how and why and I admire that journey to help pool players everywhere. I like Stan because he puts up great content for free and no one has to pay him to have a question answered. Stan is my friend because we both share the goal of wanting pool to thrive and we both understand how it feels to be knocked in pursuit of sharing knowledge that is unconventional and uncomfortable.

I like Stan because he never stopped looking to make CTE better when he could have stopped 7 years ago and what was known then was still very powerful and accurate. I like people who are into continuous improvement. I like people who understand the difference between practicality and speculation. I trust Stan because he has never steered me wrong. I like him because despite my obvious "unfitness" to demonstrate CTE perfectly he is still gracious and generous with his time.

Take Stan out of the equation though and the question I have is does CTE work practically and consistently? Yes it does. Take out the claims you harp on and does that change how CTE works? No it doesn't. And really that's what matters here.

I can't wait until I have my table fully set up and can resume making videos in the comfort of my own shop again. I plan to do several to go over these points.
So I scanned this to get the jist of it, which is that you and cookie can't control yourselves. Note that you are the ones repeatedly calling me a liar and disingenuous. My reply is this... You typically go off on a tangent like you do here. We are not talking about the importance of the business owner to be able to discuss the benefits of his product which is often best done by the owner. We are talking about demonstrating the veracity of the claims made by the system. If it is a 100% objective system, which is and always will be the biggest selling point, then anybody who has learned it should be able to demonstrate it. That presentation is obviously (to everybody except you) better done by an independent person who has bought and learned the system, not by the guy who invented it and is selling it. It is good to have the expert demonstrate it for learning purposes, but it is not the way to impress customers.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again I wasn't challenging you. I was challenging Dan. I don't even have a table to do this on this past week. I will however find one to do it on in the coming week.

I am not one of those people who disqualifies a run because it started after a missed shot or was started with a break shot.

I am also not one of those people who goes back on their word so when I said we are good then I meant it.
What was the challenge again and what is the point?