Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
After having lived with a new Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition) for approximately a year I wanted to provide feedback on what was not a cheap investment.

The table plays OK overall and has remained true. The Simonis 860 cloth is holding up well. I have found the Tournament Edition is essential purely for the smaller (4.5”) pockets.

The issue with the table is in the fit and finish and overall quality of components. As you can see from the photographs below the pockets don’t align and are actually sharp, you have to be careful not to cut your hand if dragging across the pocket. This also impairs the ability to place the cue to play on the rail or near the pocket when playing. Multiple pockets show poor fit as shown. The gully system has issues, balls intermittently fall out of the table on one pocket and stick in two others. Since having the table a number of nuts and bolts have randomly fallen out of the table…. Obviously this isn’t what anyone would find reasonable for such an expensive band new table.

Clearly many of the issues are associated with the table setup and installation, however I do question the overall design of the pocket that even allows that to be an issue. In general, the table feels of cheaper construction materials, perhaps that due to it now being manufactured in China.

Overall I’d say that this table is a pretty average and massively overpriced compared for example to the price of a new Diamond Pro Am. I don’t recommend this table for the money.

View attachment 598151View attachment 598152View attachment 598153View attachment 598154
I talked to the factory, please call me. (419)491-7476 and I will give you a direct number to management, he wants to hear from you. Thanks

TFT .

p.s. yes i work with Diamond too. I am getting my Brunswick Business Card printed up here soon! Just got permission from the factory :)

Attachments

• biz card.jpg
    biz card.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 151

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I talked to the factory, please call me. (419)491-7476 and I will give you a direct number to management, he wants to hear from you. Thanks

TFT .

p.s. yes i work with Diamond too. I am getting my Brunswick Business Card printed up here soon! Just got permission from the factory :)
This is the CORE of the thread. Brunswick wants to hear this guys problems! It aint the table.

TFT

phreaticus

This is the CORE of the thread. Brunswick wants to hear this guys problems! It aint the table.

TFT

Hi Trent,

This thread is disintegrating into personal BS. Its a great & important topic, and you are obviously trying to grow your business, lets stay professional & cool?

Its really great that you are connected to BW mgt and they want to hear from customers. I have a GC6 TE and love it, but it does have some of the same issues as the OP points out. It was bought & installed by a local very experienced BW dealer, who in my (non expert) view are pretty good.

This active thread has quite a bit of detailed comments & feedback on CG issues including some seasoned & respected folks in the pool industry. It would be great if BW mgt would digest that thread and reach out to some of us for more feedback to resolve issues and improve their product.

Cheers

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hi Trent,

This thread is disintegrating into personal BS. Its a great & important topic, and you are obviously trying to grow your business, lets stay professional & cool?

Its really great that you are connected to BW mgt and they want to hear from customers. I have a GC6 TE and love it, but it does have some of the same issues as the OP points out. It was bought & installed by a local very experienced BW dealer, who in my (non expert) view are pretty good.

This active thread has quite a bit of detailed comments & feedback on CG issues including some seasoned & respected folks in the pool industry. It would be great if BW mgt would digest that thread and reach out to some of us for more feedback to resolve issues and improve their product.

Cheers
Thanks again, the guy in question obviously had the threads deleted because they were truths. I for SURE would never report that stuff, it was true!! AHHAHAHAHA, Anyways, I do appreciate you and thanks for keeping me on track, I am busy all the time!!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent, thanks for taking the time and effort to refer me to the gentleman at Brunswick. I talked to him today and he's committed to making the table right, can't argue with their desire to take care of their customer!
Anytime. I would do the exact same thing with Diamond! :) This is about QUALITY WORK and accountability. Dealers need to be able to handle their business and not rely on the factory... Period. All this does is slow down things for all the other dealers across the country if they can't. It is a big problem and like I said: I am actively working with BOTH companies to change this particular issue. More info on that soon-ish :)

I sell both brands and ensure that my customers are happy. I do not try to steer my customers if they know what they want, by what I have in inventory. These deals I make on the 2 best brands in the WORLD, are not about what I want to sell them, its about what they want or need. If they don't know, after talking with a potential client (that may not be sure), for about 20 minutes in detail about both tables, I can tell by talking with someone what to suggest.

I have found this to be very consistent with my business model: Dealing in quality is just easier and more profitable.

TFT

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After having lived with a new Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition) for approximately a year I wanted to provide feedback on what was not a cheap investment.

The table plays OK overall and has remained true. The Simonis 860 cloth is holding up well. I have found the Tournament Edition is essential purely for the smaller (4.5”) pockets.

The issue with the table is in the fit and finish and overall quality of components. As you can see from the photographs below the pockets don’t align and are actually sharp, you have to be careful not to cut your hand if dragging across the pocket. This also impairs the ability to place the cue to play on the rail or near the pocket when playing. Multiple pockets show poor fit as shown. The gully system has issues, balls intermittently fall out of the table on one pocket and stick in two others. Since having the table a number of nuts and bolts have randomly fallen out of the table…. Obviously this isn’t what anyone would find reasonable for such an expensive band new table.

Clearly many of the issues are associated with the table setup and installation, however I do question the overall design of the pocket that even allows that to be an issue. In general, the table feels of cheaper construction materials, perhaps that due to it now being manufactured in China.

Overall I’d say that this table is a pretty average and massively overpriced compared for example to the price of a new Diamond Pro Am. I don’t recommend this table for the money.

View attachment 598151View attachment 598152View attachment 598153View attachment 598154
Did they find out where those small parts that fell out went?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Would some of the issues be due to how the table was installed by the installer.
Nuts and bolts coming loose.
In your 3rd image the fit is a shocker. Can you loosen the side casting bolts and push it down.
Thanks for posting :)
100%

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 4’s IMO were the best GC’s ever made.

I had 5 of the 5’s. They wouldn’t ever stay level. Slates were perfect, so when the tables were first leveled they rolled true everywhere on the table. But after 4-6-8 weeks they would develop rolls. Every time. I’ve had that with all GC’s to lesser extents and not as quickly.

6’s I have no experience with.

nice looking table

congrats,
Fatboy

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 4’s IMO were the best GC’s ever made.

I had 5 of the 5’s. They wouldn’t ever stay level. Slates were perfect, so when the tables were first leveled they rolled true everywhere on the table. But after 4-6-8 weeks they would develop rolls. Every time. I’ve had that with all GC’s to lesser extents and not as quickly.

6’s I have no experience with.

nice looking table

congrats,
Fatboy
Place i play at has ten really nice 4's and i couldn't agree more. Great tables.