Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny argues for independent verification of the record by a third party.
I endorse Guinness as that independent party.

Here are the billiard records sanctioned by guinness, it does not include a straight pool high run.

There are many snooker runs and zero straight pool runs.

Right...you'll require verification from a party that does not provide or have any interest in the matter. Brilliantly impossible and ignorant.

And while we are entertaining your idiocy: tell us how Guinness' review might satisfy Danny's cries for a party that knows 14.1to scrutinize the run?

gerryf

But in the case I side with Dan.

Do you also allege that Schmidt has committed fraud? BCA? Predator? Room owner? Witnesses? Reviewers?

An organization that sanctions records has their procedures to follow. Do you also allege that BCA didn't follow their procedures?

If you think there's fraud, and you personally want additional verification from some third-party that you might support, but Danny wouldn't, then what?

Danny said he wouldn't accept the BCA sanction unless the video was reviewed by knowledgeable 14.1 players. He also said there was no way Nick Varner would attend Schmidt's presentation. When Nick Varner did attend and described the run, Danny suggested there were financial interests involved, so Nick's review didn't matter.

Why is the verification by Bob Jewett, or other reviewers, or the witnesses on the affidavit not acceptable? Do you think they're part of the conspiracy?

This is a BCA record, and they've sanctioned Schmidt's 626. That's what they're there to do. Your opinion and Danny's on the BCA record doesn't really matter.

But your allegations of fraud and conspiracy do matter. That's alleged character-assassination without any evidence. That's pretty low.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
forum posting is like reporting the score of a match at a tournament.

Some people know how to tell a story with it, others are different.

what shocks me is the lack of issuing a public challenge.

Like JS can say hey if some can beat his score he will support it. The pool community is so small. He can even break it down into smaller challenges and that would be his thing when he goes on the road.

As for the support squad on the forum thats how cults are formed.

i dont want to be part of the secret AZ cult. are you?
Not too keen on the like's of j.s. - motor mouth - he has a rod knockin', also not a a cultist person either. Just wanted to say thanks, I profess' to know from reading other posts - you have strong intellect and just good to see there is a positive reaffirmation out there. I never liked debate class, I just don't like seeing the deadbeat smilin' faces in association to 14.1. Also don't like the bca press statement when they said viewing of the run was - open to the 'Semi Public Only', a similar 'Divide and conquer' theme was noted from me - no bueno. I guess if a student of 14.1 would like to see this truly epic Claim of 626 - from comfort of own home - that citizen is apart of the 'Open Public'. Not a minority the 'Open Public' also undermines the reality of catching a large Legit unedited run in 14.1 on camera.

gerryf

Not too keen on the like's of j.s. - motor mouth - he has a rod knockin', also not a a cultist person either. Just wanted to say thanks, I profess' to know from reading other posts - you have strong intellect and just good to see there is a positive reaffirmation out there. I never liked debate class, I just don't like seeing the deadbeat smilin' faces in association to 14.1. Also don't like the bca press statement when they said viewing of the run was - open to the 'Semi Public Only', a similar 'Divide and conquer' theme was noted from me - no bueno. I guess if a student of 14.1 would like to see this truly epic Claim of 626 - from comfort of own home - that citizen is apart of the 'Open Public'. Not a minority the 'Open Public' also undermines the reality of catching a large Legit unedited run in 14.1 on camera.

1625064461748.png

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
You don't think I'm honest? Sorry to disappoint you. Yes, lots of forum dwellers stir the $hit and say lots of crazy things. I don't have the time to play games like that. Whether you believe me or not. Not that believing me means a hill of beans to you, or anyone else, cuz I'm a nobody, right?

And three or four months can be brief, and a blink of the eye. Or, in forums like this, it can be a long time...especially if you're going back that far for comments to reply to. But if thats entertaining for you, more power to ya. Having a debate (or argument, or what have you) and getting into the debate four months later...its...not very timely.
Did i ever state that yer a nobody? Does not sound correct - imagine that, I have noticed that u have continued to post at a high frequency in this thread. All the while trying to defend here say claims and chopped video presentations. Maybe u are just into mirages?

gerryf

The press release from the BCA. Danny you're making stuff up again!

Billiard Congress of America
303-243-5070
shane@bca-pool.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

John Schmidt Breaks Willie Mosconi’s 65-Year-Old 14.1 High Run Record

Superior, Colo., August, 15, 2019 – The Billiard Congress of America would like to formally
congratulate John Schmidt on his 14.1 exhibition high run of 626 balls, breaking Willie
Mosconi’s 65-year-old record of 526 balls.

On March 19, 1954 William J. Mosconi, playing in the East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio,
ran 526 balls in an exhibition match against Earl “Jake” Bruney. Mosconi’s run lasted
approximately 4.5 hours and was played on an oversized 4’ x 8’ Brunswick Exposition Table.

On May 27, 2019 John Schmidt, playing in the Easy Street Billiards Pool Hall in Monterey,
California, ran 626 balls. Schmidt’s run, recorded on video, lasted just over 4 hours and was
played on a 4.5’ x 9’ Rebco Pocket Billiard Table on Simonis 760 cloth with 5” corner pocket
openings, and 5.5” side pocket openings. Schmidt used Super Aramith Pro Belgian billiard balls,
a Sardo rack, a Predator P3 Red Butt along with a Predator Revo 12.4 mm carbon composite
shaft that weighed 19.5 oz and had a length of 58”.

Mosconi’s record took place during a 14.1 exhibition match. Having defeated his opponent,
Mosconi kept shooting until he reached 526. Schmidt’s record took place during an intentional
attempt to break Mosconi’s record. After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of
America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run
record.

About Billiard Congress of America

Founded in 1948, the Billiard Congress of America is a non-profit trade organization dedicated
to growing a united, prosperous and highly regarded billiard industry through Billiard Congress
of America leadership. The Billiard Congress of America seeks to enhance the success of its
members and promote the game of billiards though educational, marketing and promotional
efforts, annual industry trade shows and other programs designed to encourage billiards as a
lifestyle and make pool everybody’s game. For more information, visit bca-pool.com or call

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yawn.

Semi-public = paid attendees.

View from home? Do you expect the same of movies or stage plays? I guess if you bought the vid and associated rights from Mr. 626 you could watch it wherever you want.

No freebies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The press release from the BCA. Danny you're making stuff up again!

For more information, visit bca-pool.com or call
And Danny contends he's somehow the protector of 14.1 truths...as if he would be trusted with anything more than a roll of TP (provided it isn't the last roll).

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I also watched the 4+ hours of unedited video with voice over. In all honesty, I was concerned that it might actually feel like watching paint dry... but in the end, I have to tell you... with John, and some of his friends describing what you are watching, as you are watching it... the time flew by, and it was entertaining! Listen, while the first few racks to set the mood, followed by watching 527 sink, and then 627 miss, might actually be enough to watch, there is something to be said about watching the entirety of the feat... which was vetted as genuine by the BCA. I don't know about you, but pool has enough negativity from the outside... from those that don't understand the pure joy that our game offers... from those that still shout:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for POOL!

Look, I don't know the op, nor am I trying to stir the pot. Furthermore, I'm all for freedom of speech, and am using my right to comment... but I have to question the initial drive for this posted topic. And while it has been entertaining to read, it seems best defined by a definition I found on dictionary.com:

jealousy [ jel-uh-see ]

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.

4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

p.s. I find some irony in definition #2... as it pertains to "aims"

-Erik
I defeated schmidt in the last two 14.1 tournaments - easily, so yer clinical diagnosis is not valid. U should look up the definition of coward - it is related to hiding - kinda like the bca/c.w./j.s - are doing with the unedited 626 tape. Just as Justnum stated - if a Legit 3rd party of Sports history adjudication (Guinness Book Of World Records or maybe The Smithsonian Institute) could give bca/j.s/c.w more credibility to their fish story. Sorry u lied about the unedited 4+ hrs as I know for a fact that they are speeding the footage up for 'time purposes' in all of their little theatrical presentation so far - that equals edited for most of us. If no real evidence exist - confuse the public - with divisional lango i.e . open public vs semi public?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I defeated schmidt in the last two 14.1 tournaments - easily, so yer clinical diagnosis is not valid. U should look up the definition of coward - it is related to hiding - kinda like the bca/c.w./j.s - are doing with the 626 tape. Just as Justnum stated - if a Legit 3rd party of Sports history adjudication (The Smithsonian or Guinness would recognize it - that would give ehat ever shred of evidence the bca/j.s/c.w have more credibility. Sorry u lied about the unedited 4+ hrs - theater footage of a video being altered in any way - does constitute edited. I know for a fact that they are sppeding the footage up for 'time purposes'.
Yawn.

You seize upon many unknowns and cite them as evidence, but guess what: you don't know.

You just hate and it blinds you to the reality of the matter and the fact that you continue the same behaviors that have gotten you BLACK-BALLED from anything of note.

You peaked as a human a looooong time ago. Bitter makes bitter.

gerryf

I defeated schmidt in the last two 14.1 tournaments -
Danny, you've said that before but when asked, you never admit to how long ago those tournaments were. You may have been competitive many years ago. You're not in the same league as John Schmidt any more.

I think you know that.

And now John Schmidt is headed for the Billiards Hall of Fame.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Doesn’t matter if it’s 526 or 626, if / when Filler ever truly decides to go after either high run, he’s got a legit shot at setting a new mark. Hopefully for your sake, it will be videoed and released.
This is not accurate, the numerical difference is only nonconsequential - if the bca's never allows a trusted third party to verify their claim. Just 4 ur info, any unedited run over the Current World Record of 526 - if marketed well - would be a great accomplishment. Catching a Legit unedited run of 500+ run in 14.1 - on camera - has nothing to do with hall of fame banquets and smokey mirrored bca theater presentations'. Good 4 u Filler is yer favorite hero player - he is a fine player.

Last edited:

gerryf

This is not accurate, the numerical difference is only nonconsequential - if the bca's never allows a trusted third party to verify their claim. Just 4 ur info, any unedited run over the Current World Record of 526 - if marketed well - would be a great accomplishment. Catching a Legit unedited run of 5+ run in 14.1 - on camera - has nothing to do with hall of fame banquets and smokey mirrored bca theater presentations'.
Danny! Another response to a post from six months ago.

It's tough to keep the conspiracy theory going amid allegations of fraud when you don't even have a hint of evidence. You have to resort to responding to months-old posts as if they were just left.

You have a pretty profound hate on for John Schmidt. It's going to be what you're remembered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.