In Florida ,
I think.
*********M y list
ALEX
TONY,
DENNIS
JUSTIN HALL
FREEZER
Alex stopped smoking in 2004....he couldn’t stand it in the room.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity, how about some players that come close to the top five?

justin hall, chip, billy would be close for me. i'd like to think efren still is top 10 too, but maybe he isn't. he beat billy in a money match two years ago.

other players that i'm unsure of atm are danny smith and kiamco. smith was a very sharp player some years ago, wonder what happened to him

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where do you think Danny Smith ranks? I've seen videos over the years where he played great and beat champions.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity, how about some players that come close to the top five?
Best one pocket players that missed my top five are, off the top of my head, Billy Thorpe, Justin Hall, Justin Bergman, Francisco Bustamante, Danny Smith, Chip Compton, Corey Deuel, Josh Filler, and SVB.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Dennis
Tony
Bustamante
Alex
Chip Compton /Justin Hall

Alex fell several spots due to inactivity ....

Busti plays jam up even though he plays so seldom.... Alex can't say The same.....

Filler, shaw and svb are honorable mention!

Sleeper is jay bird and Jesse Bowman

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Best one pocket players that missed my top five are, off the top of my head, Billy Thorpe, Justin Hall, Justin Bergman, Francisco Bustamante, Danny Smith, Chip Compton, Corey Deuel, Josh Filler, and SVB.
I suspect Bergman is top three material if he specialized.....he's got it all.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And right behind Filler, steadily creeping up, I'll give an honorable mention to the other two very young 'up and comers': Fedor Gorst and James Aranas.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis
Tony
Bustamante
Alex

Busti plays jam up even though he plays so seldom.... Alex can't say The same.....

Kd

also not mentioned yet: josh roberts, evan lunda and mitch ellerman.

josh roberts is a very well measured one pocket player. mitch ellerman knows all the shots and is extremely aggressive and effective, but doesn't play full time anymore i think

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think shannon is not in the discussion anymore.

1. dennis
2. alex
3. tony
4. bustie
5. frost or filler

i would have said alex is nr 1 a year or two ago, but i don't think he is there right now, in any discipline. i hope he comes back in form to the US open 9-ball because i always enjoy his game, but i doubt it

edit: changed svb to filler
I take Tony over Alex …. Alex has a little DOG in him and Tony has the go for it attitude! I know exactly who I’m betting on 💯

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not in any particular order:
Dennis
Alex
Tony
J. Hall
Filler
……on any given day, you can say “pick ‘em”, especially in a short race, like at Derby City.
In a long race, I like Dennis because he doesn’t ever quit.
Tony and Justin Hall bank best on standard Gold Crowns.
On shimmed 4” Diamond pockets, then Filler and Dennis become the favorites.
A couple of years ago, I would have rated Alex as #1, but it’s not so clear today.
As was mentioned before, Filler has nowhere near the experience of the rest of this elite group, but he learns any game so fast and he pockets so well, that he must be mentioned here.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Roberts is in the conversation. Who’s best? Who ever is having a good day. It’s close.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Josh Roberts is in the conversation. Who’s best? Who ever is having a good day. It’s close.
I think there’s at least 15 in the conversation... that top five can change quickly. Scott Frost is back in action He’ll be in there again

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis
Tony
Bustamante
Alex

Kd

Scott Frost has started playing more since his last match with Chip, so I’d put him at 5. As for Justin Hall he could be anywhere from 2-20. One never knows who shows up.

JBird is a good player but I don’t think he plays full time. John Morra is on the rise.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
any of the top ten would win according to the conditions as its that close.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Scott Frost has started playing more since his last match with Chip, so I’d put him at 5. As for Justin Hall he could be anywhere from 2-20. One never knows who shows up.

JBird is a good player but I don’t think he plays full time. John Morra is on the rise.
Morra is playing good...

But, something is missing? He and Oscar get to the finish line and break stride and have a panic attack....

Seen it so often, the eye of the tiger is missing....

Kd

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis
Tony
Bustamante
Alex

Kd

No Freezer?