Stolen cues 15 minutes north of Kansas City

mma1027

Hello all, just posting this here in the hope that it may help turn up some information. I was out of town Friday through Sunday this weekend getting back Sunday afternoon to find my house had been broken into and my pool cues stolen. I don’t have pictures on hand as I have a new phone but I am trying to find some to post along with this message. Here is what was stolen
-Black Jb cases 3x4 pool cue case
-John Davis Titleist blank with curly maple and ebony finished by Paul Drexler. With elephant ear wrap, ivory hoppe ring with matching joint protectors. 2x shafts one standard one Lakewood also with matching joint protectors.
-Pat Diveney sneaky pete pool cue with black joint ring.
-Elite break cue
If anyone hears or sees anything please let me know, I appreciate any help. I have also posted in the Kansas City tournaments Facebook pages

edit-stolen in Oakview, Missouri 15 minutes north of Kc

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would urge anyone out there, with expensive cues, to invest in a stand up rifle safe- all of these safes can be bolted to a floor and/ or wall from inside the safe, and safes like this can be placed in the most remote walls of your home in basements, closets, etc- out of sight. You can buy reasonably effective rifle safes for cue storage purposes at under $300 at places like Bass Pro etc. In addition, have a monitored alarm system and be sure to use the safe and alarm system religiously. No one is going to break into a home while an alarm is raging and have time to look for and break into safes- there are easier targets out there.

Sorry to hear of your loss- hope that you recover.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 70 pound dogs a savage barker when someone is at the door.
Most thieves will skip a house with a dog.
Good luck getting your stuff back.
Will insurance cover it?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I built a sound proofed room in a basement for a good friend. Part of the build included a hidden room for a large safe and a lot of high end pool cues and cases. A thief or anyone unfamiliar would never have found that room. The entrance was completely tight and impossible to find. The unique part of the build was its simple disguise and locking system for the entrance door. You could lean on it and push it and it would not budge or give until the lock system was released..

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good news! The Police found a neighbor down the street who had a security cam who was able to find the license plate number of the thief. I’ve got the call tonight and was able to go pick up everything that was missing!
Press charges against the thief.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Good News, that Neighbor deserves an thank you and bottle of Scotch, or favorite beverage.

Where I live we try, and watch out for one another. Had a neighbor say he did not want to get involved if he say no gooders, I replied, if I see anyone busting into your home, I will just let then alone.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Under the circumstances mma shouldn't have to press charges. The investigation was done, evidence found, (plate number, goods etc.) The local prosecutor acts for the state in this.

But this theft sounds targeted for valuable cues. I would think that the thief had knowledge of both the cues and your absence. Be very careful with personal information while playing pool.