Cloth 860 vs 920?

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I’ve been playing with 920 and today is the time to change the cloth. The guy who installed the cloth told me that 860 is better and more thicker and I don’t doubt that. But he also said that all championships are played on 860 by the pros. Is the true?

I tried it and it seems really slow and you need to pound stuff to reach some positional shots. I wonder if all tournaments are used on 860 as he claims. Should I stick to 920 or go for 860?

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve been playing with 920 and today is the time to change the cloth. The guy who installed the cloth told me that 860 is better and more thicker and I don’t doubt that. But he also said that all championships are played on 860 by the pros. Is the true?

I tried it and it seems really slow and you need to pound stuff to reach some positional shots. I wonder if all tournaments are used on 860 as he claims. Should I stick to 920 or go for 860?
You cant beat 860

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
920 is made for Russian Pyaramid. If you want something a little faster than 860 get 860HR. Great cloth, it doesn't show burn marks much either. Never seen 920 in the States.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do tournaments use 860 or 860HR
I think it's important to remember that when you watch most tournaments you are looking at brand new cloth and new shiny balls, after a month it doesn't play like that.
Hot Tv lights also take away humidity.

Both factors make the table very quick

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can have very fast 860 or slow 860 depending on how tight the mech
stretches the bed cloth and the rail cloth. Tell the mech what you want.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Did a little searching and 920 is supposed to be pretty fast(almost 760 speed) but it also wears fast from i what could find.
you are absolutely correct my 920 did wear pretty fast even though I dont play much on it.

Now I went with the 860 because they did not have the 860 HR....I played a little on it and man it feels super sluggish to what I am used to at least. Pretty sure I will get used to it but I feel that its super-slow right now even slower than what I seen on youtube pro matches. But that could be as someone above mentioned due to lightning on TV tables where it looks faster.

I guess I need to get used to that speed of 860, I'm coming short on everything. And I feel that the shots where you pound the cueball to go into the rail and out on shots where you have little angle is pretty harder than it used to on the 920.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you are absolutely correct my 920 did wear pretty fast even though I dont play much on it.

Now I went with the 860 because they did not have the 860 HR....I played a little on it and man it feels super sluggish to what I am used to at least. Pretty sure I will get used to it but I feel that its super-slow right now even slower than what I seen on youtube pro matches. But that could be as someone above mentioned due to lightning on TV tables where it looks faster.

I guess I need to get used to that speed of 860, I'm coming short on everything. And I feel that the shots where you pound the cueball to go into the rail and out on shots where you have little angle is pretty harder than it used to on the 920.
860,imo, is a tad fuzzy/slow regardless of stretch. HR uses 760 thread and a different shearing process. My 'hall is currently using ANDY 988 and it plays just like HR to me. Both are great cloth.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally use 760 on my 8 foot table. This causes me to work and improve the delicate side of my game over the power side of my game.

Reactions: bbb

Nyquil

860hr is what came with my 9ft table. I have had my table in for a few weeks now. It's been humid in Utah lately and even with the abnormally high humidity it plays pretty fast (which I like). I heard it is supposed to last longer than the 860 and be less resistant to burn marks. I can't speak to longevity but I already have burn marks in mine and I don't think I am breaking that fast mph wise I also break the cue ball off a eye glass cleaning towel) so the more burn resistant selling point I think is total BS.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
860 HR is what a ten yr Factory Diamond table mechanic told me. I have it on my table, and its' THICK.