WWYD?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
41D56890-018F-45E7-93D6-6682ABEFA4EE.jpeg

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Depends how I'm shooting. If I'm playing well, I'm taking the 3, opening the cluster and trying to run the rack.

If I'm playing inconsistently, I'm probably taking the stripe hanger,
then the ball to the middle,
then the 9 to the same corner as the hanger, going up table and taking the top two balls,
then taking the 14 to the same corner as the hanger, trying to open the 8 and the stripe next to it,
with the 10 as my next ball.
I'm hoping that if I break down, I won't leave the other guy position for an easy out.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends how I'm shooting. If I'm playing well, I'm taking the 3, opening the cluster and trying to run the rack.

If I'm playing inconsistently, I'm probably taking the stripe hanger,
then the ball to the middle,
then the 9 to the same corner as the hanger, going up table and taking the top two balls,
then taking the 14 to the same corner as the hanger, trying to open the 8 and the stripe next to it,
with the 10 as my next ball.
I'm hoping that if I break down, I won't leave the other guy position for an easy out.
The three will go off the 10 if straight in seems risky. The grindy stripes way sounds good as well but what's the white ball up table and a couple more that could be ones or another nine or more cueballs.? :D

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like stripes.

Playing the 3 off the 10 for solids could work if you get a shot afterwards. The 10 looks like it could end up being a monkey wrench if you don't come out of the cluster just right. And missing the 3 while disturbing the cluster is likely going to be a sellout.

So I'd pocket the hanging 15 ball and play position for that ball above the 8 (12 ball I think) into the side pocket, bumping the 8 away from that 13?, preferably a foot or so away from that ball. From there it's a good out, plenty of options.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two things to consider:

When you're playing a ball off another ball, it's important to know where that bumped ball is going to go. If you aren't sure, you might just end up creating unwanted trouble.

Anytime you go into a cluster or a breakout, it's smart to have a backup plan, an insurance shot, to guarantee that'll you'll actually have a shot after rearranging the balls.

Reactions: Pin

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two things to consider:

When you're playing a ball off another ball, it's important to know where that bumped ball is going to go. If you aren't sure, you might just end up creating unwanted trouble.

Anytime you go into a cluster or a breakout, it's smart to have a backup plan, an insurance shot, to guarantee that'll you'll actually have a shot after rearranging the balls.
Yeah. I like the ball in the upper r) corner and send cb into the rack area, leaving the 2 as a bail ball, should nothing else be available.

Too many tbds to be mapping the out, imo.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't played 8 ball in a long time but I'd do 9 to the 15 in the side opening up the 8 ball.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The grindy stripes way sounds good as well but what's the white ball up table and a couple more that could be ones or another nine or more cueballs.?
For some reason the picture got super washed out when I uploaded it, it's easier to see on my phone. The white looking ball in the kitchen is actually the aqua colored 7 ball (cyclop) and the stripe near the corner is the 14. I'll have to keep an eye on the picture next time so it doesn't get washed out. Damn technology. 🙃:)

It's been fun reading everyone's thoughts on this rack. It wasn't too difficult of a rack, but it had so many options and enough problem areas to make it fun. I actually made a ball on break, then missed the 15, leaving the table open. My nephew came to the table with this layout. I kind of liked stripes, except for the problem 13 ball in the rack area. He took solids. I ended up winning with stripes, but the layout changed a few times so it was kind of a grind it out type game.

P.S. my cloth looks a little funky with stretch lines because I had re stretch it, little to no extra and stretching around pocket cutouts and rail bolt cutouts. Having the cutouts really made me have to play with the weave to get it stretched again. It plays good but it won't win any beauty contests.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m probably playing the 3. It looks like a little draw bumps out the 7 and the 8. Cue ball stays there off the 13 leaving shape on the 2, and you should be on your way…