Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I am sure their are other nobody’s who also wonder what I asked.

Rather then reply, you call names, maybe you are just talk. No accomplishments.😪 Just Pool table recover guy, like 3-4 doing same thing. Except in Arizona.😎
If you don't know, you don't need to know, but there's plenty of people on AZB that know what changes I've brought to this industry😅🤣🤣

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you don't know, you don't need to know, but there's plenty of people on AZB that know what changes I've brought to this industry😅🤣🤣

Oh I see you need to be an insider to know, you must being doing something like the SOG did in Vietnam war.

Super secret covert operation to improve Pro Pool, 🤣

I think your full of 🐂💩

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You, iusedtoberich, and Joey are definitely the 3 stooges, but I can't quite picture your names as to who's who!!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You missed the whole point! So did the pool world- why am I not surprised.
You know I've been around long enough to get the point. Everybody wines about being hustled. Well if you don't gamble you can't be hustled. It's your own fault for thinking you had an easy mark and somebody was better than you.

But yes, I get what you are saying. It's an image that will be next to impossible to shake off. I've said it before and I'll say it again... The only way is to start the young generation off on the right foot. You can't fix a sick tree by trying to save the browning leaves. You have to go to the roots.

God I wish I had some money. I think starting High School leagues would be the way to go. Set up programs like football and basketball baseball teams. Play other schools in your division. And then possibly go to state.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh I see you need to be an insider to know, you must being doing something like the SOG did in Vietnam war.

I think your full of 🐂💩
I served during Vietnam, I don't remember that secret covert mission....tell me about it!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You know I've been around long enough to get the point. Everybody wines about being hustled. Well if you don't gamble you can't be hustled. It's your own fault for thinking you had an easy mark and somebody was better than you.

But yes, I get what you are saying. It's an image that will be next to impossible to shake off. I've said it before and I'll say it again... The only way is to start the Young generation off on the right foot.
As career earning Professionals at that!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I think your full of 🐂💩
I served with the 1st Cav, Airmobile, 8th Regiment, 1st Cav Division

Did YOU serve?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But yes, I get what you are saying. It's an image that will be next to impossible to shake off. I've said it before and I'll say it again... The only way is to start the young generation off on the right foot. You can't fix a sick tree by trying to save the browning leaves. You have to go to the roots.

God I wish I had some money. I think starting High School leagues would be the way to go. Set up programs like football and basketball baseball teams. Play other schools in your division. And then possibly go to state.
Yes, this is exactly what I was saying. Personally, though, I have never lost money to a pool hustle - I was not using myself as an example- I was talking more about the image issue, the WRONG image issue that most pool rooms themselves have allowed to flourish.

75% of every country club built in America PRIOR to 1970 had a least one billiard table installed on premise. In the last 50 years, only 10% of newly built country clubs had a billiard table installed when built. Pool has an image problem to be solved prior to even thinking about outside corporate sponsorship.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
No it because pool is simply boring it has little connections with every day people, I work with hundreds of people only a few have any interest in pool. About 80 pct have interest in corn hole , in fact I know someone who’s bar is carried by corn hole

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, this is exactly what I was saying. Personally, though, I have never lost money to a pool hustle - I was not using myself as an example- I was talking more about the image issue, the WRONG image issue that most pool rooms themselves have allowed to flourish.

75% of every country club built in America PRIOR to 1970 had a least one billiard table installed on premise. In the last 50 years, only 10% of newly built country clubs had a billiard table installed when built. Pool has an image problem to be solved prior to even thinking about outside corporate sponsorship.
I'm going to say this about what you just said. Untill there's more money to be earned in playing Pool as a Professional, gambling isn't going anywhere anytime soon, as you can't eliminate one source of income, BEFORE you replace it with another! Its going to take SPONAORSHIP money to push out the gambling on a Professional level, its all about reward and fines. MOST players i know would rather earn their living playing Professional pool, and build a life around that, vs always looking for the next action they can get into, because they have bills to support!

So, I agree on one hand, but disagree on the other. First of all, you can't fine players for breaking the rules on gambling is they're NOT already making a living with tournament earnings, and to many players, gambling is the ONLY way they can make a living, currently!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No it because pool is simply boring it has little connections with every day people, I work with hundreds of people only a few have any interest in pool. About 80 pct have interest in corn hole , in fact I know someone who’s bar is carried by corn hole
And what sponsors does cornhole have, because they DO HAVE sponsors, look them up. The bar you're referring to wouldn't be doing ANYTHING if it wasn't for the sponsors of cornhole, sorry!!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep. I have no sympathy for someone who was gambling and got hustled. That's the chance you take.

I do gamble, but in my own way. Playing in tournaments. I usually am donating. But every now and then I'm the recipient.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Learn something before you throw it out there knocking pool!!

The league signed a three-year contract with ESPN to air its events and has brought on sponsors like sausage company Johnsonville, grill manufacturer Nexgrill, cornhole equipment maker All Cornhole and financial services company Raging Bull.Aug 18, 2018

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people do you know who became a multimillionaire solely from his or her involvement in the pool industry?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And cornhole has picked up several more sponsors in the last 2 years, outdoor furniture manufacturers, misquote repellent makers, suntan lotion manufacturers, and several more!!