Remind me again why?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Also remember the UK is pricy to live in, weather is like one day a year the sun shines, no refergeration so the beer is warm, can’t think of a reason I would want to live there.

Plus 4th. Of July is not day of celebration.🤣
Right, the Brits don't have refrigeration yet. You think the UK is a third world country and folks don't have electricity. oh vey.

And the beer has noting to do with "refrigeration". They use a warm fermentation process, so they only store the beer in cellars. So, it's not cold, it's not warm either. But, for optimal flavor for those beers, it's perfect. To Americans, you might think it's Warm, but it's not to anyone that lives there. You know there is a world beyond living in your desert, right?? We drink ice tea, they drink hot tea. So what. lol

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ummmm the grass ain’t necessarily greener in America. Better everything? Not even close. There are trade offs everywhere in the world.
Exactly. I can name things better in Austria then in the US. And I"m sure I can name 10 things better in the US than in Austria. But, there is a one reason why Vienna is the number one rated city to live on the entire planet. Its mesmerizing. My son went to school there for a year. He didn't want to come home. lol I'd retire there in a nano second but too much family here.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Meeting went great, only have one more bridge to cross, then it's game on!!
One of my favorite movies.
994fafba8e732e546500bac4123c3a02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SlateMan

Registered
Hype is great sales tool, Robbie Knievel was master. Remember seeing him jump a line of Chevrolets in Tracy, CA. But was Chevrolet dealer trying to promote sales of cars.
Most corporate training and CPE courses are the same. Big hype. Lot's of tertiary stuff. Short payoff of new information near the end.... if you are lucky.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Demographics? Pool is played in over 100 countries around the world, not just the United States.
Yes but it is niche in every one of those countries and is divided among many variations and rulesets.

A phrase I have heard way too often is "if only 1% of the 30,000,000 who play pool but my product I will be set".

That 30 million number was derived from a survey that merely asked if a person had played pool in the previous year.

In other words not a reliable metric for determining the demographic buying power of consumers.

Advertisers want eyeballs and ears coupled with really solid data on the buying power of the audience.

Provide them with real numbers and they will either be interested in the reach you can provide or not.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes but it is niche in every one of those countries and is divided among many variations and rulesets.

A phrase I have heard way too often is "if only 1% of the 30,000,000 who play pool but my product I will be set".

That 30 million number was derived from a survey that merely asked if a person had played pool in the previous year.

In other words not a reliable metric for determining the demographic buying power of consumers.

Advertisers want eyeballs and ears coupled with really solid data on the buying power of the audience.

Provide them with real numbers and they will either be interested in the reach you can provide or not.
That's why you hire an advertising agency who work directly with the advertisers, because they know exactly what those advertisers are looking for, and it's not opinions.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Ever watched any pool matches on YouTube, ever noticed the Ford, Dodge, Diet Coke commercials play before you skip past them to watch the video? I wonder if they got the memo that they need eyeballs to advertise to, and do they know about the bad reputation pool has?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ever watched any pool matches on YouTube, ever noticed the Ford, Dodge, Diet Coke commercials play before you skip past them to watch the video? I wonder if they got the memo that they need eyeballs to advertise to, and do they know about the bad reputation pool has?
Well, I don't see the ads because I pay NOT to see them. But as far as that goes I highly doubt that the marketing department that contracts with YouTube/Google is checking out all of the videos that their ads appear around. They buy packages and set demographic parameters and let Google do a lot of the placing of those ads. Now Google/YouTube has a pretty accurate handle on who is watching the videos, what their age is, what they are into and what types of ads they respond to.

Also I wasn't speaking about the reputation of the sport. That's overblown anyway and the average person on the street likely has neither a favorable or unfavorable opinion about pool's reputation. But even so controversy and drama attract attention so I don't think that the advertisers care if there is a raging discussion on whether or not someone dumped a pool match as a decision point when thinking about whether to advertise next to said discussion or not. The metrics that are important are VIEWS and CLICK-THROUGH ENGAGEMENT. Do they look at the ad and for how long and do they click on the links to act on the information in the ad. If those two metrics are satisfactory then they really don't care what content is providing those views and clicks. Obviously when someone does something that is so bad that it creates massive public detraction then advertisers will elect to not be associated with that content until the fervor fades from the spotlight. Sometimes they never come back but often they do and no one notices because other stories are dominating the news.

Think back to the 80s and tennis. People who otherwise had no interest in tennis would often watch tennis when John McEnroe was playing hoping to see a blow up because his blow ups made news and people like train wrecks. That's an advertiser's dream when content is attracting a wider audience than it would otherwise have.

I can pretty much guarantee you that no one in the Ford marketing department is specifically looking at pool videos on youtube as a form of content that they MUST advertise around. When you see ads for big brands before, during and after pool videos it's most likely that youtube's algorithms placed them there as part of the package that the big brand bought. People like Matchroom on the other hand are actively selling their content to networks and very likely participating in the revenue brought in by selling advertising spots to big brands.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That's why you hire an advertising agency who work directly with the advertisers, because they know exactly what those advertisers are looking for, and it's not opinions.
I agree that it's a good idea to bring pros into situations where pro knowledge and pro connections are needed.