Shane Van Boening back on top

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how far Dennis got knocked down. It would be cool to see Fargo top 10 snapshots over the years.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He was never off of the top, filler just managed to tie him for a minute...

Jaden
Joshua was one point ahead...then they both had 828...but Joshua was still ahead.
...by decimal points....Mike Page explained that a while back

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Best of all, pro pool is back! We've got the World 10-ball and the US Open 9-ball coming up, so we should start getting to see JL Chang, SVB and Josh Filler drawing each other with the biggest titles on the line. It should be a hoot!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of all, pro pool is back! We've got the World 10-ball and the US Open 9-ball coming up, so we should start getting to see JL Chang, SVB and Josh Filler drawing each other with the biggest titles on the line. It should be a hoot!
Yes for sure. I can’t recall a stronger “pro tour” since 2005.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Think another measure of greatness is Net Worth, that is my bench mark.😁
You mentioning this made me go and look at the AZB money leader board and it seems it got jacked up with the switch to the new format. It doesn't come close to having all of the tourneys and years listed.

Jaden

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane will beat Chang in their long race 10b match. Shane is 40%+ BNR. I think JLC is upper 30s %. i know JLC won the race to 50, but i think shane was slow to get going in that match

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You mentioning this made me go and look at the AZB money leader board and it seems it got jacked up with the switch to the new format. It doesn't come close to having all of the tourneys and years listed.

Jaden

Money leading is not what I am talking about, NET WORTH IS my bench mark.

As many Top Pro like one in AZ don’t have home, auto, but does have backer.

Recall this guy winning 20k one weekend, and two weeks later trying to BUM A SMOKE.

So the guy could win, but was crappy money manager,or backer got most of winnings.🤣

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Recall this guy winning 20k one weekend, and two weeks later trying to BUM A SMOKE.

So the guy could win, but was crappy money manager,or backer got most of winnings.🤣
I can’t play a lick but I’m holding pretty good🤣

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen guys walk into the pool room broke, get pumped up $10k and leave broke at 3am. Those were the days when there was action. I never went up that high in one day and left with nothing. But I had days where I’d come out even after being up a lot, probably 4/5K is the most. Lots of times I’d be up $1000 and leave up $100. When your in action up & down happens. Those days are looooong gone.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member

Then Hunter is the best pool player in the US...lol

Jaden

That's not to take anything away from Hunter's game, he's a great player and an even greater guy, but he is far from the best player in the US but there's a reason he can afford to travel to all the pool tournaments in the world.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Think another measure of greatness is Net Worth, that is my bench mark.😁
Not mine, I'm not giving the spotlight to the rich guy who once won a bet of $5,000,000 on a pool match with his friend, even though he earned more in his pool career than Reyes.. I'm not, for that matter, taking anything away from the guy who made a lot and gave a lot of it to charity, or the guy who made a lot but lost a lot of it in a divorce settlement. Nor am I taking anything away from anyone who squandered their earnings in any other way.

How one manages (or mismanages) their money is not a measure of their greatness as a pool player. Sometimes greatness at pool and financial independence go together and sometimes they don't. For me, the only measure of greatness in pool is who beats the best in the biggest spots our sport has to offer.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Then Hunter is the best pool player in the US...lol

Jaden

That's not to take anything away from Hunter's game, he's a great player and an even greater guy, but he is far from the best player in the US but there's a reason he can afford to travel to all the pool tournaments in the world.
CJ? Shane?