WORLD 10 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 Sep 2021), Las Vegas, 9ft, Winner $35K

kitsap

Registered
Make a Tesla owner wanna see a shrink.
There is a power outage in the vicinity and the time frame matches.

Screenshot 2021-09-10 144548.jpg

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Feel bad for these guys. I hope this doesn't push the finals too far into the night. Plus I imagine most or all of them need to hop on a flight to AC at some point soon.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Feel bad for these guys. I hope this doesn't push the finals too far into the night. Plus I imagine most or all of them need to hop on a flight to AC at some point soon.
Yup, US Open players meeting is Sunday at 7:00 PM. If this event goes on into Saturday, it might get a little crazy for Oi, Kaci and Yapp.

Nyquil

I dont understand why template racks are not used in every tournament. I see guys messing around with the triangle over and over trying to get a tight rack. It makes no sense to me.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I dont understand why template racks are not used in every tournament. I see guys messing around with the triangle over and over trying to get a tight rack. It makes no sense to me.
Because Predator is marketing their new rack?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Because the game is much more boring to watch when the template is in use. Thankfully, the game continues to evolve in the direction of having referees racking in the late stages of the biggest events. there is absolutely no need at all for the template when a referee is racking.

I'm fine with templates being used to keep qualifying rounds on schedule, even in the majors.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, break contests are boring to watch. 9b far worse but adding randomness to the rack increases the volatility in match results in the short term. Which is more

I agree that randomness is good, but there are ways to add it without sacrificing the template rack's original purpose. Which is to give each player an equally tight rack.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
YouTube stream is great. Kaci got unbelievably lucky hooking Yapp after dogging the 8.